How to: Embed photos and videos into posts

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Directly Attach Photos
  1. Begin composing your post on WDWMAGIC.
  2. At the bottom of the editor, click "Upload a File"
  3. Choose the image from your computer that you wish to upload.
  4. Choose if you would like the image to be displayed full size, or as a thumbnail, which can then be clicked to view the large image.
  5. Repeat as many times as required.
Read more about this at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-to-the-forum-without-a-photo-service.870624/

Flickr

1. Goto the image on flickr that you wish to embed in your post.
  2. Click on "Share", located above the image.
  3. From the drop down menu, click "Grab the HTML/BBCode.
  4. Choose the image size that you want.
  5. Click "BBCode".
  6. Click on the code generated, right click, and click "Copy"
  7. Goto the post on WDWMAGIC where you wish to put the image, and then right click, and "Paste"
  8. Your image will now be embedded in the post in accordance with Flickr's embedding rules, but will not appear until you either preview, or actual submit the post.
SmugMug
  1. Goto the image on SmugMug that you wish to embed in your post.
  2. Click on "Share", located above the image.
  3. From the drop down menu, click "Get a Link"
  4. From the "Photo Links" list, choose the size that you wish to use, and click "Copy"
  5. Goto the post on WDWMAGIC where you wish to put the image, and then click on the "Insert/Edit Image" icon on the post editor toolbar (it is a photo of a tree).
  6. A dialogue box will ask you to 'Enter image URL:' - right click in the box and Paste, then click "Insert".
  7. You will now see your photo inserted into the post.
PhotoBucket
  1. Goto the image on PhotoBucket.
  2. Click on "Share" above the image.
  3. Click "Get Link Code"
  4. Got to the section for "IMG for bulletin boards & forums".
  5. In the "Full size" box, click on the code to highlight, then right click and "Copy".
  6. Goto the post on WDWMAGIC where you wish to put the image, and then right click and "Paste".
  7. Your image will now be embedded, but will not appear until you either preview, or actual submit the post.
YouTube
  1. Goto the video in YouTube.
  2. Click on "Share".
  3. Right click on the link that is created, and choose "Copy"
  4. Goto the post on WDWMAGIC where you wish to put the video, and then click on the "Media" button on the editor toolbar (it is a film strip icon).
  5. Right click and paste the copied link from YouTube into the box and click "Embed".
  6. Your YouTube video will now be embedded in your post.

Last edited:

neoshinok

@wdwmagic Steve, I wanted to say I think the new layout is a huge upgrade! I felt obligated to post this after seeing how much flack there has been, but most new things are lambasted at first, people generally avoid change whenever possible. Once I took the time to learn the changes, I can see the many benefits you've added. Also, thank you for keeping light blue a background option. You might want to make this the standard as most people seem to want it!:D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
@wdwmagic Steve, I wanted to say I think the new layout is a huge upgrade! I felt obligated to post this after seeing how much flack there has been, but most new things are lambasted at first, people generally avoid change whenever possible. Once I took the time to learn the changes, I can see the many benefits you've added. Also, thank you for keeping light blue a background option. You might want to make this the standard as most people seem to want it!:D
Thanks - great to hear you are finding the new benefits of the forum!

amaley01

I know that I have previously posted pictures, I can tell because of my avatar :D .... but help!!
I don't remember having a flickr account but I thought I had a photo album/photobucket maybe.

amaley01

Yes... I believe I did but can't find my album which would be with my profile!
maybe I am just not looking in the right spot with the new set up

Nemo14

Yes... I believe I did but can't find my album which would be with my profile!
maybe I am just not looking in the right spot with the new set up

No, the albums did not carry over. Your best bet is to open an account with Photobucket or Flickr or whatever, then follow the directions Steve listed at the beginning of this thread. If you need help, just ask.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry folks,i have downloaded all my vacation photos onto my I- Pad, How do I get the ones I want from I-Pad to food photos on discussion forms.?
The iPad currently does not support uploading via web based upload forms. This will be changing with iOS 6 later this year though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom