'Tough to Be a Bug' and Tree of Life trails closed due to urgent Tree of Life work

Goofnut1980

So if we didn't have the interwebs, would anyone even know about a small piece of metal that fell off a fake tree? I can't believe this thread is over 6 pages long.

Just sayin' :ROFLOL:

Pioneer Hall

So if we didn't have the interwebs, would anyone even know about a small piece of metal that fell off a fake tree? I can't believe this thread is over 6 pages long.

Just sayin' :ROFLOL:

I believe that if it wasn't for the internet and digital cameras, there wouldn't be nearly as much negativity about the parks. It easy to focus on the bad, when people are constantly shoving it in your face, but don't put anything good. Imagine if we took as many photos of things working properly (which is still more than what isn't working right) how we might feel about the park.

HMF

I believe that if it wasn't for the internet and digital cameras, there wouldn't be nearly as much negativity about the parks. It easy to focus on the bad, when people are constantly shoving it in your face, but don't put anything good. Imagine if we took as many photos of things working properly (which is still more than what isn't working right) how we might feel about the park.

And you wonder why Al Lutz targets us for ridicule.

ReganA

How are the little things that need maintenance tracked? For example, who looks over each attraction and makes sure all areas are clean, safe, the small blemishes and broken stuff recorded and tracked not to mention the big stuff? Does someone walk through the queues and notice all the stuff we see while we are waiting in line or does it go unnoticed until a refurb? That's kind of why I asked the CM if management was aware of the leak in the gutter. Not because it bothered me, but because I really wondered if they were aware and how would they be unless they were there while it was raining. Is there a daily check list or something? Maybe they aren't even aware of the Yeti not working - kidding.

Goofnut1980

I agree... I never read the web before I go on my yearly trips. Too many people complaining about trivial nothing-ness. I go and enjoy the parks. I don't let small things like a lightbulb ruin my vacation. It's a lightbulb and it's not worth getting upset over.

New rules for this site... if you are going to post a negative comment, you must post one that is positive! :sohappy:

Pioneer Hall

And you wonder why Al Lutz targets us for ridicule.

I call them as I see them. Look at my previous posts and you will see that I am far from an apologist, pixie duster, defender, etc. I call them out when I see them doing things poorly, and I don't blindly follow one side or the other. On the other hand, I have never seen you say one positive thing and have really just seen you have negative feelings on everything Disney does. However, if you want to tell me that there were no problems in the 50s-mid 90s before the proliferation of the internet and digital cameras then I have a bridge I would like to sell you. I won't deny that park maintenance was better back then, but to claim something like this might not have happened in the golden years of the 80s is insane. We just didn't have the internet to speak about every little detail 24/7 to the point where everything can look miserable. We analyze, reanalyze, and then over analyze every little thing that happens and then some people like to claim that this is just terrible management and their terrible decisions. I've been on these boards for over 10 years now and I have never seen a management team (outside of Ouimet's) get any sort of praise. Why is this? In my mind it is because we can so easily focus on everything that is terrible. But, don't tell me that I am the reason we warrant criticism from someone like Al Lutz. Go back in my posts and count the times I criticize over times I praise.

HMF

On the other hand, I have never seen you say one positive thing and have really just seen you have negative feelings on everything Disney does. However, if you want to tell me that there were no problems in the 50s-mid 90s before the proliferation of the internet and digital cameras then I have a bridge I would like to sell you. I won't deny that park maintenance was better back then,

I first went to WDW in 1999 so I cannot comment on what period things started going wrong. It has been in the last few years (since I visited Disneyland, to be precise) that I noticed the decline at WDW. As for my positive side, I was very happy about the Tiki Room, Like what I am seeing in Fantasyland and (cautiously) optimistic about Test Track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom