Disneys Art of Animation Transportation Question..

Dubman

Will AoA have its own bus service or share service with Pop Century because of their close proximity? Seems kind of like the same idea as the All Star Resorts sharing service.. We just booked Oct 6 - Oct 14 at the AoA resort in a Little Mermaid standard room. :sohappy:

If they do share service, I'm sure they would have to double bus service to make up for the increased number of guests.. The lines get quite long for just Pop!

BTW, Steve, could you add AoA to the list of Onsite Hotels for listing in our profiles??

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Nothing announced, but speculation seems to be that given the size of the two resorts, they'll each have their own bus service. At the very least, they'll both have devoted buses around park opening and closings.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

One thing to consider is that the All-Stars are in line with each other, so for a bus to hit all 3 is an easy run down a straight line, with AoA and Pop, the resorts are on opposite sides of a lake, so the bus would need to go around, similar to CBR.

My guess is that there will be separate buses.

Upvote 0

Rob562

One thing to consider is that the All-Stars are in line with each other, so for a bus to hit all 3 is an easy run down a straight line, with AoA and Pop, the resorts are on opposite sides of a lake, so the bus would need to go around, similar to CBR.

My guess is that there will be separate buses.

I did a distance comparison in a previous discussion on this topic. The difference between the driving distance for the bus from the stops at Pop to the stops at AoA was almost the same as the distance from Sports' stop to Music's to Movies', perhaps slightly longer. But time would be made up since there are only two stops to be made instead of three.

And it would be far shorter than the complete loop at CBR.

-Rob

Upvote 0
I REALLY hope they have their own bus service - as someone who really doesn't like standing on the buses and have them yell at us to "move back!" when we're already packed like sardines.

And - there's nothing worse than waiting a while for a bus that shows up completely full from the resort before yours. Given the size of these two resorts I'm guessing that would happen quite often.

My wife and I never stay at the All Stars largely because of the difference in the bus service - the dedicated bus at Pop is a major plus for us, and we just booked our AoA stay in October. Fingers crossed for separate bus service!

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

I did a distance comparison in a previous discussion on this topic. The difference between the driving distance for the bus from the stops at Pop to the stops at AoA was almost the same as the distance from Sports' stop to Music's to Movies', perhaps slightly longer. But time would be made up since there are only two stops to be made instead of three.

And it would be far shorter than the complete loop at CBR.

-Rob
And it's far shorter than the Contemporary, Poly & Grand Floridian loop. Seriously, the fact that bus exists offends me more than any monorail wrap!

As for AoA, I'd expect dedicated buses except late, late at night.

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

seems as if.....

it seems likely that there will be seperate buses. The size of the resort is fairly large and since the vast majority of rooms are suites, then you would reason there would be even more people per room. If thats the case, then there would be more guests at AoA, even though Pop is about the same size. I dont see any other way disney would do it. Seperate busses seem to be the way to go.

Upvote 0

Rob562

it seems likely that there will be seperate buses. The size of the resort is fairly large and since the vast majority of rooms are suites, then you would reason there would be even more people per room. If thats the case, then there would be more guests at AoA, even though Pop is about the same size. I dont see any other way disney would do it. Seperate busses seem to be the way to go.

Actually, AoA will have a smaller maximum capacity than Pop. The suites take up the space of two regular rooms. Two rooms added together at Pop can hold a maximum of 8 people, an AoA suite can only hold 6.

By my (very hasty) calculation, when you add together the suites and regular rooms at AoA, it'll have about 83% of the maximum capacity as Pop currently does.

Of course the one variable will be how much closer to capacity the suites will be at AoA. (Meaning, how often will a suite have 6 people vs how often you have 4 in a room at Pop) I think Pop will still have more Guests, as for any given pair of Pop rooms, you're more likely to have 5 or 6 people between the two rooms, compared to the likely 4 or 5 people per suite.

-Rob

Upvote 0

wolf359

If they did share a loop, I would hate to be at the end of it. Lines at POP alone are horrific, could only imagine two resorts.

I agree. The bus situation at Pop was bad enough to make me avoid staying at that resort ever again; Art of Animation would have to have its own set of buses.

Considering the resort is primarily family suites Art of Animation will need even more dedicated buses than Pop has just to keep up since suites means larger groups and more strollers. I already suspect that once the resort is fully operational "slow bus service" will be the most common complaint unless Disney really steps up the number of buses available.

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

good point

Actually, AoA will have a smaller maximum capacity than Pop. The suites take up the space of two regular rooms. Two rooms added together at Pop can hold a maximum of 8 people, an AoA suite can only hold 6.

By my (very hasty) calculation, when you add together the suites and regular rooms at AoA, it'll have about 83% of the maximum capacity as Pop currently does.

Of course the one variable will be how much closer to capacity the suites will be at AoA. (Meaning, how often will a suite have 6 people vs how often you have 4 in a room at Pop) I think Pop will still have more Guests, as for any given pair of Pop rooms, you're more likely to have 5 or 6 people between the two rooms, compared to the likely 4 or 5 people per suite.

-Rob

good points all around, i didnt think about the suites being larger, compared to the relative size of the smaller rooms at POP...i like your reasoning. At the end of the day, I hope AoA still gets their own buses!

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

I sure hope that they have dedicated bus service! We've stayed at Pop and liked that they have their own bus. I didn't think it was that bad but, you are packed in there pretty good!:eek:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom