I finally have my own "bus driver said" story!

splashtest

Original Poster
So we were on the Magical Express heading back to MCO and the bus driver started doing Walt trivia with everyone. His last question was regarding Disney's purchase of Marvel. He then proceeded to let everyone know Disney was indeed opening a rollercoaster park near Wide World of sports with about 12 coasters:ROFLOL: He decided to go further naming Hulk (even if this was true Disney would not copy Universal), Batman ( umm DC Comics buddy, nice try, Wolverine etc. The sad thing is he got all those poor unsuspecting passengers hyped and psyched. He gave it a 3-4 year open time (pretty aggressive with not even a pebble broken yet) and said they would be indoor and outdoor.

I had a good laugh at this an hope you all do as well.

wizards8507

So we were on the Magical Express heading back to MCO and the bus driver started doing Walt trivia with everyone. His last question was regarding Disney's purchase of Marvel. He then proceeded to let everyone know Disney was indeed opening a rollercoaster park near Wide World of sports with about 12 coasters:ROFLOL: He decided to go further naming Hulk (even if this was true Disney would not copy Universal), Batman ( umm DC Comics buddy, nice try, Wolverine etc. The sad thing is he got all those poor unsuspecting passengers hyped and psyched. He gave it a 3-4 year open time (pretty aggressive with not even a pebble broken yet) and said they would be indoor and outdoor.

482.jpg

Krack

This bus driver is actually correct. Disney's sitting on their purchase of Warner Brothers for an optimum moment.

MoxHair

Despite the rumor, a future fifth park (if it's ever built) will sit just north of Wide World of Sports.

In between WWOS of DHS? I don't think there's enough space between WWOS and Osceola Parkway.. Well you could if you wanted it right up against the sports complex. North of Osceola is out of the question as that is a possible expansion pad for DHS.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

LOL funny and scary at the same time. Really not a good thing for people who to many would appear to be representing Disney to make stuff up.

Mickey is King

not saying this driver statement is or isn't true, but in reguards to the 3-4 year opening time......

wasn't MK & EPCOT built in like 2 years from breaking ground to opening? i thought I saw that on travel channel.

MansionGoer13z

Now only if I was there to actually hear that and the mention of Batman he would be so fired and I hope there would be some type of reward for turning him in.

PlaneCrazy1978

LOL! That's Awesome. I can't wait to go the fifth gate.

I was once on a bus to Avis to get a rental car, and the driver was trying to do trivia with a few kids on the bus. One of his questions:

Q: Walt originally had a animated Character called Oswald. What happened to Oswald?
A: He became Bugs Bunny.

I didn't but I should have said something. Now I feel bad I let that disinformation out. Poor kids...

Lucky

As much misinformation as you see even in the news media, surely most people know better than to trust "news" from a bus driver.

TRONorail10

While a lot of cast members don't know anything about Disney, to flat out lie to Disney guests like that would warrant termination from the company. Disney employees are given factual information on upcoming projects when information becomes truthful and relevant. To lie to guests about a future project should not be tolerated and somebody should have reported that bus driver.

ryanduggers

LOL! That's Awesome. I can't wait to go the fifth gate.

I was once on a bus to Avis to get a rental car, and the driver was trying to do trivia with a few kids on the bus. One of his questions:

Q: Walt originally had a animated Character called Oswald. What happened to Oswald?
A: He became Bugs Bunny.

I didn't but I should have said something. Now I feel bad I let that disinformation out. Poor kids...

That is true as far as I have heard. In a roundabout way he morphed into Bugs Bunny. Don't be so sure of yourself, for once the driver had it right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom