Studio Backlot Tour closing for refurbishment in January 2011

Pioneer Hall

Interesting that this attraction and The playground are going to be closed at the exact same time and they are right next to each other. Call it hopeful optimism but I feel that this could mean some sort of planning for future development.

JustInTime

Interesting that this attraction and The playground are going to be closed at the exact same time and they are right next to each other. Call it hopeful optimism but I feel that this could mean some sort of planning for future development.

I agree. It would be really nice if Pixar took over this area. They could easily be closing it down for pre-planning. I kinda doubt it, but we will see. The area is perfect for A Bug's Life playland. Plus, Honey I Shrunk the Kids is so old now. Nobody cares about it anymore.

S

stphnbogert

yeah close down backlot tour and replace it with a monsters inc. roller coaster and a wall-e dark ride attraction. =)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

It would have been nice to see "refurbishment" replaced with "demolition" in the thread title. :rolleyes: :)

jakeman

It would have been nice to see "refurbishment" replaced with "demolition" in the thread title. :rolleyes: :)
Seriously.

If they want to keep it, they really need to update it. My kid hadn't heard of the Pearl Harbor movie. When we thought about it we realized it came out before he was born. He's 11. :lol:

elisatonks

they seem to close backlot tour every january, it was closed last jan and i'm pretty sure it closed in 2007 in jan as well, i assume it is to do yearly maintance work work on pearl harbour stuff and catastophe canyon.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Seriously.

If they want to keep it, they really need to update it. My kid hadn't heard of the Pearl Harbor movie. When we thought about it we realized it came out before he was born. He's 11. :lol:

LOL wow yeah that says a lot.

bgraham34

I don't even remember the last time I went on that tour to be honest. I remember back in the day it was a 2 hour wait.

DisneyLeo18

Seriously.

Well it came out in 2001, so that doesn't make sense.. None the less the attraction needs to be updated!! :lol:

JafarMaleficent

Seriously.

It came out in 2001.yeah a while ago but he would have been 2. I remember seeing it in theaters and I was 10.

bearboysnc

they seem to close backlot tour every january, it was closed last jan and i'm pretty sure it closed in 2007 in jan as well, i assume it is to do yearly maintance work work on pearl harbour stuff and catastophe canyon.

I think they close these rides down to save on labor hours during the "slower months". Each park has certain low capacity attractions go down for "refurbishment" they usually return just before Easter. Sure, they'll do some routine clean up. But it's not truely a refurb.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark,
When he made Pearl Harbor.
I miss you more then that movie missed the point,
And that's an awful lot girl.
And now, now you've gone away,
And all I'm trying to say,
Is Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you

--- "The End of an Act" from Team America World Police

mickey2008.1

I remember when backlot was good and had a working studio. I also remember the street with the houses on it during the tour. Would be cool to see some of thse things come back.

Tinkerbell 8

Backlot tour was closed during my last trip in March 2010 and I'm sad that i'll be missing it again since our next trip is Jan 9th :( Yes, its not as good as it use to be with the houses and working studio, but its still something to do in DHS. I feel that with all the refurbs going on, the park will be less than half a day to do.

Mukta

Is Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you

That is my favorite song from my favorite movie, sshindel!

I hope they do redo that whole area of the park, but I don't want to see a clone of what DCA (Bug's Land) or DLP (Toy Story) have. A new attraction would be great to see in that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom