how much do you see

ctosh

Original Poster
I was just wondering how much is blocked off due to all building and updating? I have been looking at all the pictures and I just think it looks a mess. We head down in Jan. and I would hate for a lot of closing and construction to be in the way. I undersand but it looks bad in photos you bring home to have a crain behind the castle. Do you really notice it when you are there?

WDW-Crazy

The cranes in FLE aren't visible as good as the Dreamlights crane is at the castle. Depending on how they're raised, you may or may not see them from the hub. We did see them from the hub during our recent September trip but it's not like the castle crane being there. Didn't really bother me that much.

loveofamouse

I didn't notice them except at the top of Dumbo. What I did notice was that most of FL was covered in tarps as the building fronts were being redone. I hope those are gone now

lazyboy97o

I was just wondering how much is blocked off due to all building and updating? I have been looking at all the pictures and I just think it looks a mess. We head down in Jan. and I would hate for a lot of closing and construction to be in the way. I undersand but it looks bad in photos you bring home to have a crain behind the castle. Do you really notice it when you are there?
This trips photos might not be picture perfect from some spots, but does not that beat having photos of the same, tired old facilities that clearly get worse year after year and nothing new to look forward to on your next trip?

Rob562

Also, some of the walls in current photos are part of the Mad Tea Party and Pooh refurbs. Those are expected to be done next month sometime, so they'll be gone by your January trip rolls around.
The only walls remaining would be the single long wall from near Pete's Garage all the way to the Village Haus bathrooms.

(That is unless they expand construction areas into Toontown Fair... And it's far too early for Dumbo to be closing.)

-Rob

Krack

This trips photos might not be picture perfect from some spots, but does not that beat having photos of the same, tired old facilities that clearly get worse year after year and nothing new to look forward to on your next trip?

Some people only go once every ten years or so. Really, when you think about it, many people only go once in their lives and even more never get there. It's a tough dilemma - deciding how or when to schedule maintenance and attraction downtimes without ruining peoples' vacations. At the very least, I think they could be far more proactive in planning and declaring ride shutdowns months in advance and, more importantly, providing this information to people booking vacations in an unprovoked fashion so there are no surprises.

raven

Some people only go once every ten years or so. Really, when you think about it, many people only go once in their lives and even more never get there. It's a tough dilemma - deciding how or when to schedule maintenance and attraction downtimes without ruining peoples' vacations. At the very least, I think they could be far more proactive in planning and declaring ride shutdowns months in advance and, more importantly, providing this information to people booking vacations in an unprovoked fashion so there are no surprises.

They do all they can to give the most advanced notice of these. But usually anytime during off-season you can plan on something be closed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Just creative with your composition on the photos. You can usually get an angle where there is nothing problematic in the background. Have a great trip!

Fable McCloud

I also was hoping to avoid seeing cranes and construction in late February, but I've gotten to the point where any photos are good enough for me. As long as I can take pictures of the castle sans cranes, it'll be fine by me.

Honestly, the ride closures, well....they have to do what they have to do. HM is my fav ride and the reason we're going (my BF's never been to WDW!!) so as long as that's intact, I'm fine.

Besides, when this expansion and these construction updates are done, think of the amazing results we're able to look forward to!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom