Dumbo closing before new Dumbo opens?

_Scar

That's what I think so, too....I'm guessing it'll close? :lol:

That could have easily been done if they would have made the facade fit FL.

Exactly.

I like HM all being a different style. But OLC just copoes WDW's and doesnt even have the appropriate land to put it in. :brick:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
Exactly.

I like HM all being a different style. But OLC just copoes WDW's and doesnt even have the appropriate land to put it in. :brick:

Well this was back when OLC was probably more at the whim of what WDI was doing vs. today when they really have a say in what gets put in and where.

RSoxNo1

I can't imagine that Tokyo closing down Dumbo for 6 months and building another one would be too problematic for them in the grand scheme of things.

EPCOT Explorer

They were busy working on 2 theme parks at the same time for the first time in Disney history....Tokyo Disneyland and EPCOT Center...I think we can cut them a little slack

I know, I'm just kidding and being a PITA. Studying for 10 hours can drive you a little loopy. :lol:

And honestly, it's the resort's only problem in theming, I think. It could EASILY be fixed with a facade, too.

Rob562

Getting back to the original Dumbo question... I think that even Phase I will have its own mini-phases/steps in its opening. I don't think it'll all open at once as one complete "TA-DA!!!!!" moment of completion like the New Fantasyland did at Disneyland in the 80's.

If I were the construction coordinator, I would build almost all of Phase I except the Castle Wall where Dumbo is now. (Prior to this, the Arial M&G and the current Playful Spot will have closed) The new Dumbo area will be prepped as far as it can go, ready to move in the current Dumbo ride system.

When the bulk of Phase I is ready, Cinderella, Aurora, Little Mermaid and the BATB areas will open, but as a dead-end walkway with the sole access being from the Aurora end of the walkway near the teacups.

With all that extra capacity and new stuff distracting the public from the horror of a closed Dumbo (because you know that's how TDO thinks), they'll toss the walls up around the current Dumbo area, take down the current Dumbo and move it into place in the new Dumbo area, then the new Dumbo will open.

Finally, when the Castle Wall is done, they'll open it up to give full access to the expansion, signalling the end of Phase I.

-Rob

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know, I'm just kidding and being a PITA. Studying for 10 hours can drive you a little loopy. :lol:

And honestly, it's the resort's only problem in theming, I think. It could EASILY be fixed with a facade, too.

mmmm...PITA :slurp:
pita.jpg

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I had this thought while I was at MK last week, as popular as the Dumbo ride is (despite the fact that there are 2 very similar rides in MK), do you think Disney would close the current Dumbo ride before opening the 2 new ones, or try to coordinate where the new one opens at the same time the old one closes?

Based on my observations, they need about 6 more Dumbos. I think the cost would be 8.2 billion due to all the upgrades to spinner tech.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom