"30 minute" arcade cards?

JWG

Since when were arcades based on minutes? How does this work - can someone please help me out.

This is common practice at places like Gameworks and Dave & Buster's, at least when I've been there.

It's what Disney Quest should do versus a huge $45 (or whatever) admission.

Phonedave

This is common practice at places like Gameworks and Dave & Buster's, at least when I've been there.

It's what Disney Quest should do versus a huge $45 (or whatever) admission.

D&B works on credits.

I can't think of anything that works on minutes.

I guess you could say some kids games - like in Chuck-E-Cheese are technicaly timed games. You use tokens, but the game ends after a certain point, so it is a fixed time.

-dave

nancy33458

You get a card that you swipe and from the time you swipe it you have 30 min of free arcade time. My husband and son and I used ours a week ago once you swipe it you have to wait about 2 or 3 min before you can swipe it again. We were all trying to use it. It is not good on games that offer prizes.

Jorden

I had a 2 hour card at an Arcade a while ago (one that normally used credits on a card). Basically you could only swipe it once per minute (so 120 uses max in my case) but you could play anything of any cost as much as you wanted otherwise. So if you were good at a game you could beat it (I think I beat Star Wars Arcade with it and came close on HotD 2 (the second last boss and last boss I'm not so good with)). On the flip side if you're not so good with games you can play something different every minute or so thus allowing you to use about 30 plays of whatever you want, Pac Man or something newer

KC82271

Just got back last week - and the 30 minute card is only valid in machines that don't generate tickets. For example, you can use it on Pinball machines, but not SkeeBall.

They also block it once you swipe it for so many minutes. My DD decided she didn't want to play air-hockey anymore - but we couldn't use it for a few minutes. Happened a few times.

JiminyandTink

I just used mine last week, the clock starts as soon as you swipe it on your first game, but there is really only a couple of games you play as mentioned it doesn't work for games that give tickets (whick is about 90%) and it locks out some other games.

My reccomendation is to use it on table hockey if your arcade has it (although you may only get a couple of games in in 30 minutes)

jandersonlj

It is just 30 minutes total time. It worked out really good for us. We were finishing our burger at the food court, but our son had already finished. He went in the arcade while we finished. By the time we cleaned up and refilled all mugs, he was finished too. I don't know about anyone else, but we don't waste a lot of time at the resort. 30 minutes was perfect to keep him occupied, but not keep him too long (if you know what I mean)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom