Christmas Treasure Hunt

BeckyP

I'm trying to plan a Christmas treasure hunt for my two daughters (ages 8 and 10) which will clue them in on the fact that we are going to Disney World in February (the trip and clues are their gift from Santa this year).

I've come up with a list of "prizes" they can find around the house: Disney maps, Disney tickets, Disney brochures, flight itineraries, Mickey mouse tshirts, appointment cards (that I'm making) for Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique, Kingdom Hearts Playstation game, chocolate covered Mickey Mouse rice krispy treats.

Now the hard part:eek:...I'm trying to come up with riddles for each "prize" and plan where to hide each one.

I know there are a ton of very creative people reading these posts and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!:xmas:

I'm trying to plan a Christmas treasure hunt for my two daughters (ages 8 and 10) which will clue them in on the fact that we are going to Disney World in February (the trip and clues are their gift from Santa this year).

I've come up with a list of "prizes" they can find around the house: Disney maps, Disney tickets, Disney brochures, flight itineraries, Mickey mouse tshirts, appointment cards (that I'm making) for Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique, Kingdom Hearts Playstation game, chocolate covered Mickey Mouse rice krispy treats.

Now the hard part:eek:...I'm trying to come up with riddles for each "prize" and plan where to hide each one.

I know there are a ton of very creative people reading these posts and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!:xmas:

Here are some ideas,

For the maps (in a backpack): Are you lost and can't find your way? If you don't move fast you'll miss the parade? Then take a look at me!

For the shirts (in a suitcase): "Can you imagine the head cheese's face when he sees his face on your outfit?" or "When the temperatures start heating up, and sleeves start shrinking, imagine the head cheese's face when he catches a glimpse of your outfit!" or "This can help get you a head start on the packing; don't forget the weather may be warm!"

For the tickets (in a purse/fannypack/wallet): I'm used to help you get into the realms of fantasy, animals, the future and the movies!

For the flight itineraries (somewhere high up, so they have to 'fly' to get it): Some people go by a magical pumpkin coach, but with these we'll board a magic carpet...and we won't even need to use faith, trust or pixie dust!

For the rice krispy treats (in the kitchen): "After walking around all day in the sun, treat yourself to this ooey-gooey, chocolate covered treat!" or "Snap! Crackle! Pop! Stop and have a bite of this treat in the shape of the big cheese himself!"

For Kingdom Hearts game (by a TV): Use this key weapon to help defeat enemies as you save familiar faces in their (cartoon) world.

For the Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique (stuck on a mirror in a bathroom/or by a princess costume): "This shop can make you as pretty as Cinderella with just a few magic words." or "If you want to look like Cinderella, go to this place where with a wave of a magic wand and some magic can do the trick." or "Just a wave of a magic wand and these words to finish the trick, you'll look just like Cinderella at this Boutique."

The same thing happened to me when I was eight; my parents hid clues around the house with the prize ultimately being a certificate saying we were going to disney world. however, instead of lots of mini prizes for each riddles, the riddles were mainly go to the dollhouse; at the dollhouse it would say go to the next point, until it ultimiately led me to a letter by the christmas tree.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom