News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

Disney Analyst

Something's coming. Well sized. Not what you'd expect.

If you like Monsters get a few rides in. Grab a Schmoozie while you're at it.

One part of this project in partcular should be exciting if indeed it does come to pass as planned.

The rumblings seem to be this, pushing into esplanade / bus area:

IMG_1192.jpeg

Which would mean monorail is also moving.

mickEblu

Well, well, well. I’ve been saying Hollywood backlot/ bus transpo area since it was first teased over a year ago. No inside sources though. DL wouldn’t have made any sense. The backlot makes the most sense at DCA. I didn’t know Yensid was an insider though. If true, kudos to Disney for doing the right thing here. Tomorrowland or Grizzly Peak would have pi$$ed me off.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Something's coming. Well sized. Not what you'd expect.

If you like Monsters get a few rides in. Grab a Schmoozie while you're at it.

One part of this project in partcular should be exciting if indeed it does come to pass as planned.
Monsters I believe would work very well. This has potential to be great. If it’s not what we expect then it’s not a door coaster? Ride and go seek clone?

EDIT: I initially thought this was for DHS and not DL.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Monsters I believe would work very well. This has potential to be great. If it’s not what we expect then it’s not a door coaster? Ride and go seek clone?

EDIT: I initially thought this was for DHS and not DL.
What is being alluded to is that Avatar would be talking over Hollywood Land in DCA and would include tearing down Monsters Inc., ie get your rides in now because its not going to be here much longer.

mickEblu

Interesting that Schmoozies would be on the chopping block. I would have thought they wanted to keep the illusion of Hollywood Blvd in tact going all the way through to the Hyperion blu sky facade. Guess that doesn’t make sense if there is no Hyperion. Lol. Wonder what Hollywood Blvd ends up looking like after this. My ideal scenario is that Hollywood Blvd gets reassigned to BVS (even if we lose a little bit on the left side from Smoozies to the sky facade on the Hyperion) and that the Red Car Trolley and Animation building sticks around.

Disney Analyst

Interesting that Schmoozies would be on the chopping block. I would have thought they wanted to keep the illusion of Hollywood Blvd in tact going all the way through to the Hyperion blu sky facade. Guess that doesn’t make sense if there is no Hyperion. Lol. Wonder what Hollywood Blvd ends up looking like after this. My ideal scenario is that Hollywood Blvd gets reassigned to BVS (even if we lose a little bit on the left side from Smoozies to the sky facade on the Hyperion) and that the Red Car Trolley and Animation building sticks around.

I think they could leave the facades in place potentially, and have avatar hidden behind. Not sure.

Dustysage was saying it could be like Hollywoodland leading you into the movies, Avatar on one side, Marvel on the other.

Consumer

Hollywood Land will be renamed Performance Corridor 2: Schmoozies Revenge

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom