News Bruce Vaughn Returns to Disney as Co-Lead of Walt Disney Imagineering

drnilescrane

Big news that Barbara B. Is out. She was a big part of the problem. I suspect her “licensed architect” background was a big factor in the bland hotel construction at WDW recently.
I think the problem runs a bit deeper than that. WDI is a service provider to other parts of the company. Line of Business is the client.

Yes, they have a bit more power to dictate than most (because they have a captive client), but if the requirements and budget are Marriott, you get Marriott.

Both need to be fixed.

Last edited:

peter11435

Big news that Barbara B. Is out. She was a big part of the problem. I suspect her “licensed architect” background was a big factor in the bland hotel construction at WDW recently.
Every hotel construction project recently opened and currently under construction at WDW began before she was with TWDC.

That said her departure is a good thing for the organization.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney Tourist Blog has a good post on what can be pinned on her...

Tha Realest

Disney Tourist Blog has a good post on what can be pinned on her...

-Communicore Hall
-Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
-Polynesian Towers
-DVC cabins

Yes, some quality control needs to be reasserted within WDI

Tha Realest

These projects predate her. Poly tower was in development in 2018/2019; it was put on hold due to COVID. Tiana was blue skyed in 2019.
There’s a good amount of evidence that neither of the things you mention were fully baked. TBA’s final product looks and sounds very different from what was teased in 2020.

Whether a project was blue skyed or “in development” prior to her arrival, much of the final work and authorization happened under her watch.

Let’s not forget the Storyliving projects either.

peter11435

There’s a good amount of evidence that neither of the things you mention were fully baked. TBA’s final product looks and sounds very different from what was teased in 2020.

Whether a project was blue skyed or “in development” prior to her arrival, much of the final work and authorization happened under her watch.

Let’s not forget the Storyliving projects either.
The Poly project has not changed much since the pre Covid plans.

el_super

Yes, some quality control needs to be reasserted within WDI

No one will ever be really happy. Either you end up with Bouza trying to rein in costs and producing uninspiring content or you end up with the guy who spent 70 million dollars to put pipes on the side of a building.

Either way people end up unhappy. A billion dollar land with only two rides?? OUTRAGEOUS... RIGHT?

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
That entire parks development falls on Eisner for me. He did that. He approved that. He funded that.
But WDI is ultimately the creative force and bear the responsibility as well. Disneyland and MK were done on shoestring budgets, yet the results for the most part were amazing.

WDI isn’t capable of anything on that scale today, even if they had an unlikely budget.

When the prevailing mentality in the company is to treat the guest as solely a consumer of product and not as guests, you can get some awful results.

Eric Graham

Thank you so much for the backstory about Vaughn. I'm really not that familiar with a lot of the Disney's leadership. I was in the parks one day when Josh D'Amoro was there for the opening of Mickey's Runaway Railway, shortly before Disney World closed because of covid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom