Adam Driver On Star Wars: "I'm Not Doing Any More"

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

Actor Adam Driver played Kylo Ren in the new Star Wars trilogy, but don't expect him to return to the sci-fi series anytime soon. He said on the SmartLess podcast recently that he's aware that Lucasfilm is producing more Star Wars content, "but not with me."

Driver went on to say, "I'm not doing any more." Asked if he was finished with Star Wars because of Kylo Ren's death in The Rise of Skywalker, Driver confirmed that is indeed the case (via ScreenRant).

Before this, Driver discussed how Kylo Ren's arc in the new Star Wars trilogy was not originally set to unfold the way it did. In the finished movie, Kylo Ren refined himself as Ben Solo. But the original plan was for Ben to lose himself as the sith lord more and more throughout the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

While Driver is done with Star Wars, Ridley is coming back to play Rey in a new upcoming Star Wars movie. It is one of three new Star Wars films in the works, the others being a "dawn of the Jedi" film from Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny director James Mangold and another one, set during the New Republic era, from The Mandalorian's Dave Filoni.

erasure fan1

Sure, he says that now. Liam Neeson said the same thing (although he made a 10 second appearance lol).
Most of the actors have all said the same thing. The actual translation of "I am done with star wars" is this. "You just haven't offered me the right amount of money yet".

Tha Realest

Adam Driver has a lot more options than most Star Wars actors. He doesn’t need them as much, and seems pretty ambivalent to the franchise. Plus, not much left to go with his character.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've seen him in other movies. He isn't a very good actor.
I disagree, having watched him in several movies and tv shows as well, he is a pretty good actor. I wouldn't call him an elite A List actor by any means, but he is a solid B List actor.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

I've seen him in other movies. He isn't a very good actor.
I've always wondered what people found so great about him. I never really thought he was anything special. He just has a strange acting style in my opinion. Of course I've always felt the same way about Nick Cage. Lol

DKampy

I've always wondered what people found so great about him. I never really thought he was anything special. He just has a strange acting style in my opinion. Of course I've always felt the same way about Nick Cage. Lol
I thought Adam Driver was great in BlacKkKlansman and Marriage Story… he was the only reason House of Gucci was watchable

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I thought Adam Driver was great in BlacKkKlansman and Marriage Story… he was the only reason House of Gucci was watchable
FYI, Phroobar and I have been talking about John Boyega, not Adam Driver.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom