News Wakanda joins Coco, Zootopia, and Encanto on Disney Parks' future blue sky expansion list, reveals Josh D'Amaro

WorldExplorer

I wonder if they know they own older films too

This is the same company that announced an attraction based on Mary Poppins Returns, have announced architecture in that new community thing will be based on Incredibles 2, and continue to advertise Disney Plus with stuff like She-Hulk and live action Pinocchio.

They really do seem to have this bizarre idea that they don't have anything worthwhile older than a decade.

(Not that all listed things ARE worthwhile.)

tanc

I don't get some of these decisions, by no means do I think Encanto, Coco, and Wakanda will ever have the staying power of something like Frozen or Beauty and the Beast. It's like adding Jack Sparrow into POTC, which to me was cool at the time but I think his time should be up now. It's sad I will never be able to experience the ride in its original presentation ever again.

I'm all for moving forward, but why does everything have to be an IP nowadays? What happened to the company that made DisneySea just 20 years ago? Are the newer generation of imagineers just not capable of crafting an original area anymore? I just don't get it.

Incomudro

I don't get some of these decisions, by no means do I think Encanto, Coco, and Wakanda will ever have the staying power of something like Frozen or Beauty and the Beast. It's like adding Jack Sparrow into POTC, which to me was cool at the time but I think his time should be up now. It's sad I will never be able to experience the ride in its original presentation ever again.

I'm all for moving forward, but why does everything have to be an IP nowadays? What happened to the company that made DisneySea just 20 years ago? Are the newer generation of imagineers just not capable of crafting an original area anymore? I just don't get it.
They're desperate to put DEI in their parks.
That's the only drive.

ToTBellHop

Regardless of the WDI talent at the moment, the use of I.P. is coming from above. At the top level it is I.P. or nothing, and all about Return on Investment.
Thus, I think Indy is a more solid lock than some feel. Dinosaur is unpopular, it needs fixing, Indy is a popular IP with staying power, it would be relatively cheap and popular. So, it passes the IP requirement and has strong ROI for the risk-averse.

Beyond Big Thunder is far more risky and, I imagine, will need to bake for awhile before getting like $3 billion. Or it’ll be like WDSP expansion—huge space for 1 bigger ride and a C ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom