Weird Poly question... Would this be crazy?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Stayed at Poly in August 2021.
I so badly wanted one of the floral pillows on the bed.
My sister convinced me it was ridiculous.
Nearly 2 years later I still want one!
I'm not staying at Poly this time but would it be nuts of me to ask at the front desk if I could purchase one of the resort room pillows?

nickys

Premium Member
I'm not staying at Poly this time but would it be nuts of me to ask at the front desk if I could purchase one of the resort room pillows?
What’s the worst that could happen? They say No.

You’ve got nothing to lose by asking. I’m not sure they’ll oblige but who knows, maybe you’ll get some pixie dust. Good luck!

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
What’s the worst that could happen? They say No.

You’ve got nothing to lose by asking. I’m not sure they’ll oblige but who knows, maybe you’ll get some pixie dust. Good luck!

I just don't want to look like a fool lol.
But what gave me the idea that they might consider allowing me to purchase it is that I know at DLR whichever resort had/has beach ball pillows they out right say if one of them goes home with you or you go to the front desk and ask to purchase it would cost $60.

jaklgreen

I just don't want to look like a fool lol.
But what gave me the idea that they might consider allowing me to purchase it is that I know at DLR whichever resort had/has beach ball pillows they out right say if one of them goes home with you or you go to the front desk and ask to purchase it would cost $60.
Do they sell them in the gift shop? Usually if hotels see these types of thing, they will display them in the gift shop. And you would not look like a fool asking. I am sure that they get that question more often then you realize. I stayed at a Park Hyatt one time and the pillow was amazing. I called down and asked if they sold them and they said "absolutely" and had housekeeping bring me a new one up. They just charged it to my room.

celluloid

It is likely very custom, but in a modern world you could always take a photo of the pattern (or a few photos) with google lens and see if sone is brought up in a very similar way.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Which Poly pillow are you looking for? This style?

PolyPillow1.PNG

Or one of these 2?

PolyPillow2.PNG

Sorry I don't have a better picture of the red one. I took about 200 pictures in this shop that day. They do the refurbs for WDW and have a ton of stuff from the resorts, parks, and DCL. We bought quite a bit.

ppete1975

Everything in your room is able to be purchased. Some require more work. A robe, a pillow they should easily be able to give you a price.

But somethings such as a lamp etc might take more asking around from management. Why do I say everything is sellable? Its because if you take it home, they know exactly how much to charge you for it. Everything in your room has a value attached to it, and how much it costs to replace. Now some things they may decide not to sell. But things like robes, towels, pillows should be easy.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Wanted to give an update.
Was there this past week and stopped into the front desk and asked.
I was told they are not available for purchase in the gift shops (obviously I knew that) and that I was not allowed to purchase one.
HOWEVER... its PERFECTLY FINE if I were to be staying there and TAKE IT and I'd be charged $100.
I think that is nuts.

So now I either have to wait a year or more or find someone that's staying there sooner.

My sister's coworker stayed in February. I wish I had known that they would take it back then. Not sure if they will be staying there again this coming February or not.

muddyrivers

I was told they are not available for purchase in the gift shops (obviously I knew that) and that I was not allowed to purchase one.
HOWEVER... its PERFECTLY FINE if I were to be staying there and TAKE IT and I'd be charged $100.
I think that is nuts.

So now I either have to wait a year or more or find someone that's staying there sooner.

My sister's coworker stayed in February. I wish I had known that they would take it back then. Not sure if they will be staying there again this coming February or not.
Are you looking for a floral print pillow specifically or do you want one of the larger pillows for its comfort? If the latter, I tracked down the softer pillow that is used at the resorts (well at least at Port Orleans Riverside): https://www.amazon.com/Sobel-Westex-Sobella-Sleeper-Quality/dp/B0B1LMDNSX/

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Are you looking for a floral print pillow specifically or do you want one of the larger pillows for its comfort? If the latter, I tracked down the softer pillow that is used at the resorts (well at least at Port Orleans Riverside): https://www.amazon.com/Sobel-Westex-Sobella-Sleeper-Quality/dp/B0B1LMDNSX/
OP wants the decorative floral pillow.

And the sleeping pillows are cheaper on the direct manufacturer site:

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

I actually already have the pillows for sleeping.
I had hoped that when there was going to be a Disney deluxe resort home collection that they were going to have the decorative pillows. Instead the collections were just inspired by the rests not the actual resort bedding.
I specifically want the floral pillow on the bed.

DisneyFanatic12

I think that is nuts.

$100 is wild… but then again, a lot of places charge like $20 for a cup. Sad that’s the only way to get it, because most non-Disney resorts just sell that stuff at the same price (they have them sitting in the back room). Seems like a waste of resources to have to have the cast member find out if the pillow is still on the bed, call for a replacement, and then get the replacement driven or run over to them…

MickeyCB

I think that is nuts.
The other thing I think is weird about this is how much it feels like stealing.
If there is a card in the room that says if you love the pillow, no problem take it and we'll add a $100 charge to your room I would feel less strange.
At Aulani this past year they had a book on the coffee table that said if you took it, it would be x number of dollars.

tpoly88

sobelathome.com

not sure this is the one you wanted but they have a disney collection and a special Polynesian section.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom