Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Disstevefan1

The words are all dependent on each persons “value” of their money

For example, I’ve probably used my AP for park entry 30-40 times since it renewed in September. I plan to use it at least 10ish more times before it renews again in September. I would consider that an excellent value.
50 ish visits is an excellent number of visits to get out of an annual pass. I think that would qualify as an excellent value.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know we want it to be because of something Disney has done to negatively affect people, but I just wonder if it's that guests are now just out of sequence. WDWMagic and DIS people go to WDW every year or multiple times per year, but how much do regular people? All the trips originally scheduled for 2020, 2021 and 2022 trips all happened in 2022. So people on the "every other year" schedule that would have come in 2021 and 2023 won't be back until next year, the "every 3 year people" who would have come in 2020 and 2023 won't be back until 2025. And with Epic, there is incentive for people to wait and go to places like DC like we just did, a beach, National Park, etc. If travel is down everywhere, it's economics. If it's Orlando, it could be specifically Disney, specifically Florida, or just "that's what we did last year."
Oh I definitely think that’s possible.

I certainly don’t believe any of us here are “the normal”. We don’t hang here cause it’s “take it or leave it”

As far as cycle goes…obviously one just closed…likely the Covid disruption window.

But I think maybe economics is the bigger impact here.

I’ve spent alot of useless words here…but some aren’t entirely useless. For instance…one of the things I totally believe is iger’s mismanagement of parks has ruined the natural recession proofing that Disney has had.
We will find out…is that moment now?

wendysue

Oh I definitely think that’s possible.

I certainly don’t believe any of us here are “the normal”. We don’t hang here cause it’s “take it or leave it”

As far as cycle goes…obviously one just closed…likely the Covid disruption window.

But I think maybe economics is the bigger impact here.

I’ve spent alot of useless words here…but some aren’t entirely useless. For instance…one of the things I totally believe is iger’s mismanagement of parks has ruined the natural recession proofing that Disney has had.
We will find out…is that moment now?
For some of our friends and extended family members that usually go every year, they have said that they feel their tourism dollars should go somewhere other than Florida.

Disstevefan1

I know we want it to be because of something Disney has done to negatively affect people, but I just wonder if it's that guests are now just out of sequence. WDWMagic and DIS people go to WDW every year or multiple times per year, but how much do regular people? All the trips originally scheduled for 2020, 2021 and 2022 trips all happened in 2022. So people on the "every other year" schedule that would have come in 2021 and 2023 won't be back until next year, the "every 3 year people" who would have come in 2020 and 2023 won't be back until 2025. And with Epic, there is incentive for people to wait and go to places like DC like we just did, a beach, National Park, etc. If travel is down everywhere, it's economics. If it's Orlando, it could be specifically Disney, specifically Florida, or just "that's what we did last year."
I think WDW is just too pricey, and the regular people are forced to go only every 2 or 3 years.

seabreezept813

I think WDW is just too pricey, and the regular people are forced to go only every 2 or 3 years.
Truly. We can go every year because we're very frugal in other areas of our lives and we have two incomes. But I'm kind of shocked Disney isn't offering more financial incentives right now, the buck is starting to stop for a lot of people. Inflation is way exceeding salaries and it's starting to show in a big way. What I've noticed anecdotally, having young kids and being a teacher, is that those doing the Disney trips this year are the diehards so maybe three families. Others aren't forgoing vacations, but we've seen families with young kids doing cruises, buying RVs is huge, beach trips, etc. Most of these people ask me about how to do Disney for when they give in and do it the one or two times, but to a lot of people it's an expensive chore in a world that is already insanely demanding of them. And the kids aren't begging for it the way I remember every kid wanting to go (I grew up in the 90s). I teach a fairy tales to Disney course and it's an elective so my students choose to take it and even then most have not seen the majority of the classic Disney films. My stepdaughter went with her mom on a central Florida trip and her other sister, age 8, chose the beach over Magic Kingdom. Like it's been stated, there just aren't a lot of recent big draws for kids, most of the new additions are geared towards older teens who tend to choose Universal anyway.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You can get on a lot of attractions during the after hours events and the have free Mickey bars there too, right?
Yes.

If Disney had an AH event every night, I'd buy into it every night (esp. in lieu of buying day-tickets).
  • It truly is a reduced and capped crowd. Much less than the Halloween/Holiday Party nights.
  • You can ride the top E-Tickets over and over until you're sick of them (I did FoP nine times in one AH event).
  • You're in the parks in the cool of the evening.
  • Early entry (2 hours before it starts) can give you a full 5 hours in the park, and you can catch the nighttime spectacles.
And the Mickey Bars and popcorn and soft drinks are free.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
You can get on a lot of attractions during the after hours events and the have free Mickey bars there too, right?
It's a good alternative if you have don't have young children. Less crowds, can ride most if not all rides, cooler at night, included desserts/water/sodas/popcorn is a recipe I am all in for given the state of the parks today. Plus, you don't have to be frantically looking at your phone all day to make reservations/Genie Plus selections. We will spend the day poolside and go to the park at 7 giving us 6 hours there.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Yes.

If Disney had an AH event every night, I'd buy into it every night (esp. in lieu of buying day-tickets).
  • It truly is a reduced and capped crowd. Much less than the Halloween/Holiday Party nights.
  • You can ride the top E-Tickets over and over until you're sick of them (I did FoP nine times in one AH event).
  • Early entry (2 hours before it starts) can give you a full 5 hours in the park, and you can catch the nighttime spectacles.
This is the most important perk that as far as I can tell, hasn't been diluted yet with additional capacity.

Disstevefan1

Yes.

I hope Disney does not read these boards. This is too good to keep going and they will stop doing it.

Jrb1979

Yes.

I'm sure they would love that idea. In addition to selling rides twice they can now sell the park twice a day.

celluloid

And the upkeep would surely get better.

Disney would have to charge more for each even if it was nightly to make up for some of.tje overtime too. Right now they can schedule people odd hours and have the place staffed without part or full timers going over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom