News Star Tours to be updated with new adventures in 2024 at Walt Disney World

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The ratings have only dropped 40% so more people are still watching than not.

Although by the end of the season I feel like that number will be much worse for Disney.
Mandalorian, for its first two weeks on the Nielsen's, has been in the top 10 streaming new series. (The stats for the later weeks aren't out yet.) And this is good news for a series competing against others series whose run-time is a full hour and thus can rack up more 'minutes watched.'

I guess some people are hate-watching, then. ;)

SplashJacket

Mandalorian, for its first two weeks on the Nielsen's, has been in the top 10 streaming new series. (The stats for the later weeks aren't out yet.) And this is good news for a series competing against others series whose run-time is a full hour and thus can rack up more 'minutes watched.'

It’s also worth noting that season 1 and 2 both dropped during the holidays when people have less work obligations, but this episode is dropping in the middle of sport seasons, academic semester, and near finals, so people are a lot busier than the rest of the year.

Watching a one-off movie is one thing, but watching an eight-segment show is a much larger commitment that many people lack the time for at the moment. While undoubtedly a very small impact on overall numbers, if you’re in finance, you can enjoy Mando (and life again) at the end of the month after the IRS holiday

Stupido

This isn't the thread for it, but Disney needs to get rid of these 3am EST drops for their shows. Very few people are staying up for the drops, and the majority of us are being spoiled the second we wake up. A lot of people I know don't feel the need to watch the show because they feel like they've already seen all that matters. If they did even a 10 pm EST, they'd see a significant upswing in view counts.

Disstevefan1

For the love of god you have a whole land dedicated to the franchise. Why is Star Tours still open?
Please don't give them any ideas.

They will close it and NOT replace it with anything!!!

Beggars can't be choosers! We need as many attractions as we can get!

Trauma

1681153770991.gif

Hey look your in the spin cycle again!

rd805

Cool news -- shouldn't take until 2024 unless it's a planet / characters from a future TV show we haven't met yet.

FigmentFan82

This isn't the thread for it, but Disney needs to get rid of these 3am EST drops for their shows. Very few people are staying up for the drops, and the majority of us are being spoiled the second we wake up. A lot of people I know don't feel the need to watch the show because they feel like they've already seen all that matters. If they did even a 10 pm EST, they'd see a significant upswing in view counts.
Its midnight for west coast so the whole US get's it when it is officially Wednesday all over. There is no need to release it earlier. It's not a Tuesday drop, it's a Wednesday drop. Go to bed. Watch it on Wednesday, or any other day after it releases. Disney doesn't have to cater to your viewing habits. No one cares who you know or how much they think they've gotten out of the show. If they don't like it, don't watch it. Nothing you've written has any importance or means anything to anyone else.

Stupido

Its midnight for west coast so the whole US get's it when it is officially Wednesday all over. There is no need to release it earlier. It's not a Tuesday drop, it's a Wednesday drop. Go to bed. Watch it on Wednesday, or any other day after it releases. Disney doesn't have to cater to your viewing habits. No one cares who you know or how much they think they've gotten out of the show. If they don't like it, don't watch it. Nothing you've written has any importance or means anything to anyone else.

lol, that's a lot of emotion for a suggestion to get Disney+ watch numbers up.

James J

In the Parks
No
Disney+ content releases simultaneously worldwide, so it's 8am on a Wednesday for us in the UK. It's an international streaming platform and staggering the releases simply won't work in this day and age. We just avoid social media until after we've watched it later in the evening.

MagicHappens1971

Disney+ content releases simultaneously worldwide, so it's 8am on a Wednesday for us in the UK. It's an international streaming platform and staggering the releases simply won't work in this day and age. We just avoid social media until after we've watched it later in the evening.
I’m crazy and usually watch them at 3am EST to avoid spoilers when I wake up. Granted I’m a college student with no Wednesday morning obligations lol

scottb411

With all the new Star Wars content coming out, I can see Muppets and Sci-Fi turning into SW expansion plots, like Universal is doing with HP, and Star Tours will eventually be fully connected with GE. Maybe Muppets can get their own land and ride at that 5th gate?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom