Trip Report Parenting... Just in a different location.

loc.jpg

As TRUE as this was.. I am back from an amazing FIRST family vacation with just us 3 and ready to report out all the fun (and drama lol)

When: Feb 3-11, 2023
Where: Polynesian!
Who: Me, my husband Ian and 13 month old daughter Nora

mick.jpg

tigger.jpg

I have SO much work to catch up on.. but I will try to be as speedy as humanly possible on this TR.

Here we go!!

Last edited:

annienevells

Original Poster
After a couple hours of bliss I returned to the room to shower and change for dinner. We had booked Chef Mickey's last minute due to cutting our last park day short.

My big and little loves were both still snoozing after I got ready, so I returned to my book.

255.jpg

They finally got up about an hour before our reservation so we hustled out the door to head to the monorail

We got there easily and quickly, but arrived to huge crowds at the Contemporary.

We were sat about 10 minutes after our reservation, which was not too bad.

Goofy was our first visitor and Nora was SHOOK about his height lol

256.jpg

Next up was Minnie and Nora was IN LOVE. I had not yet seen her this enamored by a character and it made me tear up.

257.jpg

258.jpg

Another look at Goofy!

259.jpg

And all the heart eyes for Micky.

260.jpg

The family style dinner was ... fine. Ian enjoyed it the most and honestly I ate more of Nora's plate than the regular food. I much prefer breakfast at Chef Mickey's but it was more about the experience anyway!

We had told our server that Nora had just turned one and she brought out a surprise with the other desserts.

261.jpg

262.jpg

Nora enjoyed us singing to her and gave us all a big round of applause for the effort 😆

263.jpg

264.jpg

We ended the night the perfect way. All of us left dinner with big smiles on our faces before we took the monorail back to the Poly. Once Nora was asleep we packed up to head home. THE WORST FEELING EVER.

annienevells

Original Poster
Headed Home and Final Thoughts

The morning of our departure day I took Nora to Captain Cooke's for a final breakfast of Mickey waffles.

266.jpg

We had our breakfast, finished up packing, and headed to catch our Uber.

The ride was quick and seamless, and we were at the airport with LOTS of time to spare.

Nora snuck in a nap at the gate.

267.jpg

268.jpg

And was just the cutest girly in the whole terminal.

269.jpg

She actually did much better on this flight to our relief.

270.jpg

And before long we were back in snowy Maine.

SO! How do I feel this trip went?

AMAZING. Honestly. Besides her sick evening this trip far exceeded my expectations. She had so much fun and so did we. I am so glad we ignored the naysayers and went for it because it was such a special time with Nora.

It is sad not knowing when we will be back, but I have a FAINT idea. I have a work conference at the beginning of October in Orlando so I believe I will be going then with coworkers!

And we decided possibly November 2024 for our next family trip to go before Nora turns 3.

Thank you all for following along. Excited to read your reports to sustain me until my next visit! And if you miss seeing Nora Bea feel free to follow me on IG - @annienevells

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
So enjoyed your report and it’s great that you even got your quiet time in most days.Nora is not phased by the rides and I bet she will enjoy the rollercoasters when she is old enough.

Zipadeelady

Loved your report. Reading about all Nora's excitement was so dang sweet. Reminded me of my son who was 2 1/2 for his first trip and we were told he was too young for Disney. It's why we kept going back. And the picture of Nora with her hair down is so freaking adorable.

Songbird76

Loved your report. Reading about all Nora's excitement was so dang sweet. Reminded me of my son who was 2 1/2 for his first trip and we were told he was too young for Disney. It's why we kept going back. And the picture of Nora with her hair down is so freaking adorable.
I don't get why people say that any age is too young for Disney. My son was 2.5 for his first trip, my daughter was 4....it was PERFECT. They had so much fun. Did they remember anything? E remembers very little, and there are a few things that she remembered, but couldn't place as happening on that trip, and A remembers nothing from it, but does that mean we shouldn't have taken them? I mean, they loved it, had a great time, and we have some great pictures that they can still look at. I don't think "too young for Disney" exists, and I wish people wouldn't project their own worries or concerns on other people. If you don't want to take your kid for whatever reason, fine, but let me make my own decision, please!! Don't rain on my parade! You know what I mean? It just doesn't make sense to tell people what they should or shouldn't do based on someone else's experience. No two trips are the same.

Zipadeelady

I don't get why people say that any age is too young for Disney. My son was 2.5 for his first trip, my daughter was 4....it was PERFECT. They had so much fun. Did they remember anything? E remembers very little, and there are a few things that she remembered, but couldn't place as happening on that trip, and A remembers nothing from it, but does that mean we shouldn't have taken them? I mean, they loved it, had a great time, and we have some great pictures that they can still look at. I don't think "too young for Disney" exists, and I wish people wouldn't project their own worries or concerns on other people. If you don't want to take your kid for whatever reason, fine, but let me make my own decision, please!! Don't rain on my parade! You know what I mean? It just doesn't make sense to tell people what they should or shouldn't do based on someone else's experience. No two trips are the same.
Well said. Every time I look at photos from that first trip and see the expression on my sons face I know I made the best decision!

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Headed Home and Final Thoughts

The morning of our departure day I took Nora to Captain Cooke's for a final breakfast of Mickey waffles.

View attachment 706590

We had our breakfast, finished up packing, and headed to catch our Uber.

The ride was quick and seamless, and we were at the airport with LOTS of time to spare.

Nora snuck in a nap at the gate.

View attachment 706591

View attachment 706592

And was just the cutest girly in the whole terminal.

View attachment 706593

She actually did much better on this flight to our relief.

View attachment 706594

And before long we were back in snowy Maine.

SO! How do I feel this trip went?

AMAZING. Honestly. Besides her sick evening this trip far exceeded my expectations. She had so much fun and so did we. I am so glad we ignored the naysayers and went for it because it was such a special time with Nora.

It is sad not knowing when we will be back, but I have a FAINT idea. I have a work conference at the beginning of October in Orlando so I believe I will be going then with coworkers!

And we decided possibly November 2024 for our next family trip to go before Nora turns 3.

Thank you all for following along. Excited to read your reports to sustain me until my next visit! And if you miss seeing Nora Bea feel free to follow me on IG - @annienevells
What a great Trip and TR! Thank you for letting all of us tag along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom