Caribbean Beach Resort Freestyle Coke Machines

Ghostdog

Original Poster
It looks like there are Freestyle Coke machines in each of the resort sections. Can anyone confirm?

We’re checking in soon and keep debating whether or not to get the resort mug. Having a beverage machine close in such a spread out resort would be awesome.

surfsupdon

Yes they are there!!! It’s an awesome upgrade from a few years ago!

Now what I’m about to say is controversial! Check the machine before you purchase the mug. In Jan during marathon weekend, you did not need to have the chipped cup/mug. I used my hydro flask for drinks. We were in Trinidad 38.

Ghostdog

Original Poster

Now what I’m about to say is controversial! Check the machine before you purchase the mug. In Jan during marathon weekend, you did not need to have the chipped cup/mug. I used my hydro flask for drinks. We were in Trinidad 38.
Probably just a perk for that weekend; but I will check and see. Thanks for the heads up.

esskay

Did anyone ever work out if the drinks and flavors on offer on these things are the same across the resorts that have them?

Big T 1963

Any one else have their Carribean Resort Mug from back in the day? I do... and I have a Typhoon Lagoon one too .Remember these when you use to get one from each resort.

surfsupdon

Any one else have their Carribean Resort Mug from back in the day? I do... and I have a Typhoon Lagoon one too .Remember these when you use to get one from each resort.
Sure do! I used my original royal blue mug as part of a prop for my half marathon 90s race costume.

Yes. I have my original Caribbean Beach mug. I also still have an original Dixie Landings mug as well as a Port Orleans one from after the name change. I dont have a Typhoon Lagoon but I do have Blizzard Beach and Fantasia Gardens mugs as well. I love the ones that were unique to their location.

NelleBelle

Wish they still had the mugs that were unique to their location instead of the ones that are generic across the resorts. But it is nice that you can take the current mugs to any resort to use them.

DisneyFanatic12

Every day the machines will be different. There is a key hole on the right side of the machine (the regular fountain machines, not freestyles) that sets it to the mode they decide… options are “on”, “bypass”, and “off”. All three modes dispense soda. “On” will only work with an activated cup (cups don’t actually work for the length of your stay, but rather 2 weeks). “Bypass” leaves the screen on, but the RFID scanner is turned off. Finally “Off” turns the RFID scanner and the LCD screen on the machine off, but the machine will still dispense soda.

I would not recommend filling up a non-resort mug at one of the machines. Sure, you might get away with it, but I’ve seen guests have security called on them for doing so.

muddyrivers

I would not recommend filling up a non-resort mug at one of the machines. Sure, you might get away with it, but I’ve seen guests have security called on them for doing so.
Great look by Disney to have security called on paying guests for "stealing" 12 cents worth of Coke in non Disney purchased mugs :rolleyes:

DisneyFanatic12

Great look by Disney to have security called on paying guests for "stealing" 12 cents worth of Coke in non Disney purchased mugs :rolleyes:
It’s still stealing, and thus illegal, no matter how insignificant the thing you are stealing seems…

I doubt they would ever press charges or anything like that, but they often need security in case it becomes a physical altercation. They usually just tell them to go buy a soda cup or something else along the same lines.

muddyrivers

It’s still stealing, and thus illegal, no matter how insignificant the thing you are stealing seems…

I doubt they would ever press charges or anything like that, but they often need security in case it becomes a physical altercation. They usually just tell them to go buy a soda cup or something else along the same lines.
So should Security be called when someone takes a towel home from Disney too? Come on, that's a waste of staff, resources and frankly a slap in the face considering how much guests pay Disney and how much Disney profits off of their guests.

DisneyFanatic12

It seems 2 weeks is the default length but they can be set to any time period by a CM. When we stayed 3 weeks ( and with a split stay) our mugs worked for the entire time without any issues.
Yea, with some of the older activation trays, the cast member has to set the cups “expiration date” manually. The newer one works in multiples of 2, and they just press the button on their screen for how many two week duration they want. I’m happy that the mug worked for you whole stay though! Most of the time I’d have to ask the CM to reactivate the mug on our longer stays.

Disstevefan1

Maintenance tech Joe is setting up the Freestyle machine when his boss calls him on his cell -

"Joe get to the lobby right now, there is an emergency."

JOE: "I'll be right there, but first..."

BOSS: "Are you hard of hearing, I said NOW!"

JOE: "Whatever you say boss"

Joe ends the call then fills his thermos with some nice cold free coke...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom