How Tesla Fumbled

TheDisneyParksfanC8

When I buy an EV it won't be a Tesla. Elon's antics from his purchase and running of Twitter to revealing his true political nature which could actually turn off a lot of left leaning buyers who are more likely to be into purchasing an EV. Plus a lot of Tesla are getting up there in age and they are newer, more interesting and better built EVS out there or coming out in the fear future. One of them being the Dodge Charger Daytona EV muscle car. Hyundai and Kia (Hyundai owns a 34% stake in Kia) are the companies to watch in the EV space as they are said to be the only legacy automaker right now keeping Elon up at night.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hyundai and Kia are the companies to watch in the EV space as they are said to be the only legacy automaker right now keeping Elon up at night.
On a global level, for sure. But within the US, they're at a price disadvantage, since their cars don't qualify for tax incentives anymore.

In the US, I think the VW Group is the ones worrying Elon, since they're hitting him from 3 of their brands (VW, Audi, Porsche), with one retaining tax incentives due to US production (VW). Also GM if they ever can ramp up production, since their upcoming EV portfolio seems to be solid contrasts to Tesla's offerings.

Last edited:

winstongator

When I buy an EV it won't be a Tesla. Elon's antics from his purchase and running of Twitter to revealing his true political nature which could actually turn off a lot of left leaning buyers who are more likely to be into purchasing an EV. Plus a lot of Tesla are getting up there in age and they are newer, more interesting and better built EVS out there or coming out in the fear future. One of them being the Dodge Charger Daytona EV muscle car. Hyundai and Kia (Hyundai owns a 34% stake in Kia) are the companies to watch in the EV space as they are said to be the only legacy automaker right now keeping Elon up at night.
Agree on all of this. We recently bought a Genesis (Hyundai's luxury brand) EV. It is fantastic so far. We did have to order from out of state and have it delivered, but paid sticker for it, which is rare these days. There are a lot of EVs out there, and even more coming soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom