Bell services back to normal?

KeithVH

Original Poster
I had heard, at one point during the lockdown, that the hotels had stopped the luggage transfer feature between park hotels. Couldn't find confirmation but am wondering if everything is back to normal now? It's not a big deal (POFQ->Contemporary) but it would be really handy to have that.

Anyone in the know on this?

nickys

Premium Member
I had heard, at one point during the lockdown, that the hotels had stopped the luggage transfer feature between park hotels. Couldn't find confirmation but am wondering if everything is back to normal now? It's not a big deal (POFQ->Contemporary) but it would be really handy to have that.

Anyone in the know on this?
They are transferring luggage, I don’t think that ever stopped.

What has changed is that they will not transfer anything that requires to be refrigerated, because they cannot guarantee things will stay chilled during transfer. That applies to both frozen and chilled foods plus medications.

Eric Graham

The people at the bell services are always so amicable and wonderful. It's often great to strike up a conversation with them as they bring my luggage up to my room. They are such a breath of fresh air to relieve stress after driving through the many countless accidents on the drive down.

StarshipDisney

Bell Service at Disney can be Hit or Miss. We stayed at Gran Destro Tower in December and used the Bell Service. It was fine until we got to the room and called for the luggage. They said they were backed up and it would be several hours before they could come bring it up and if we needed it sooner than we would need to come and get it ourselves...so that is what we did. Very poor experience.

Boy, do I regret tipping the Bell $20 when unloading the car. Next time I won't tip until I get the luggage into the room.

jaklgreen

Bell Service at Disney can be Hit or Miss. We stayed at Gran Destro Tower in December and used the Bell Service. It was fine until we got to the room and called for the luggage. They said they were backed up and it would be several hours before they could come bring it up and if we needed it sooner than we would need to come and get it ourselves...so that is what we did. Very poor experience.

Boy, do I regret tipping the Bell $20 when unloading the car. Next time I won't tip until I get the luggage into the room.
Several HOURS? That is insane. There is no way that they would have that many people checking in that it would take hours to bring your bags up. That takes what? 5-10 minutes at most?

Eric Graham

Several HOURS? That is insane. There is no way that they would have that many people checking in that it would take hours to bring your bags up. That takes what? 5-10 minutes at most?
Where I'm from, several places are experiencing worker shortages. Even the Cracker Barrel has closed up at 5. It used to be open until the evening. Delicious country ham biscuits btw.

Ayla

Having to retrieve your own bags was a "very poor experience"?? 😂 :rolleyes:

jaklgreen

Where I'm from, several places are experiencing worker shortages. Even the Cracker Barrel has closed up at 5. It used to be open until the evening. Delicious country ham biscuits btw.
Bell services had not reported any shortages. I have stayed at all levels of the resorts in the last couple of years, including the Riviera and had no issues with bell service. In fact, every time that I went down there, there was at least 3 of them standing there at the podium waiting to do something. HOURS long wait to have your bags up is not the norm. And if they were having a shortage that day, then you start pulling people from other areas. Managers can run bags too during the busiest time.

Ayla

That is what they told me.

You mean after getting to our room and then having to go right back down and having tipped the Bell $20...YES...it was indeed a very poor experience.

So, you think that was good Bell Service then? 🙄🙄
Bell Services job is not to be my personal pack mule. I am not under the impression I am the only guest at WDW, nor more important than any other guest. I also realize there are not unlimited CM's to wait on me hand and foot and they can only work with the amount of employees they have available at the moment.

The amount you chose to tip is meaningless.

If you were going straight to your room, why didn't you take your bags with you?

Chi84

Premium Member
Bell Services job is not to be my personal pack mule. I am not under the impression I am the only guest at WDW, nor more important than any other guest. I also realize there are not unlimited CM's to wait on me hand and foot and they can only work with the amount of employees they have available at the moment.

If you were going straight to your room, why didn't you take your bags with you?
It is their job to help with luggage at check-in and checkout, including transporting it. There are many reasons guests may need assistance with their luggage to and from their rooms. It’s not for anyone else to decide.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

I think that the issue is that when you arrive, they are right there saying that they will take your bags and bring them right up for you. If there is going to be a several hour delay, they should make that clear so that people can choose if they want to just keep their bags with them during the check in process and just take them up. But they lose out on a tip that way so... Most people are pretty reasonable and are happy to wait the 15-20 minutes that is typical, but if you just handed your bags over and then they tell you it will be HOURS, that is not right.
You must not travel much because it is very typical for luxury hotels to have bell service grab your bags as you arrive and then follow you up to your room right after you check in.

StarshipDisney

We could have. But Bell Service is all about convenience and having help with your luggage. That is why you normally tip them.

If they had told us they were that far behind, then I would not have used them to begin with. But waiting until we called for the luggage to state such a delay reflects nothing short of a very poorly run Bell Service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom