Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

nickys

Premium Member
A good update that prevents stacking. 👍
It doesn’t prevent stacking at all, and I doubt they have any intention to do that - otherwise they’ll be inundated with complaints when someone books at 7am and gets a 5pm Slinky return time.

If it is a consistent and intended change, which isn’t yet clear, it’s a retrograde step IMO and reduces the usefulness of G+.

However I’m not convinced that this is a change as such, because I do remember the estimated time for next booking wasn’t always accurate.

I was modifying my newest one. Basically, at early entry we went to Frozen. Our first LL was for Remy at 9:30. We had lunch reservations at Spice Road Table so the plan was the stay in the World Showcase all morning then head to Future World in the afternoon. After tapping into Remy, all the Future World LLs were basically booking instantly. I was hoping to get Soarin’ for about 1pm so I took the first available thinking I would just bump it back as it got closer to my desired time. But every time I bumped it back, at the top of the tip board where it says “you can book your next lightning lane at this time” would bump back also. I eventually just cancelled the LL and waited until we were in Future World to start booking them.

I remember that at Christmas when we modified that predicted time didn’t stay static; I would set alarms for when we could next book and it didn’t always match the time showing in MDE. I’m wondering if you actually could have booked based on the initial booking time … did you ever try that or did you cancel it before trying?

DisneyDreamer08

I remember that at Christmas when we modified that predicted time didn’t stay static; I would set alarms for when we could next book and it didn’t always match the time showing in MDE. I’m wondering if you actually could have booked based on the initial booking time … did you ever try that or did you cancel it before trying?
Good question, I didn’t think to try and book anyway. Hopefully it was just a glitch on my end. We were still able to get LLs for every ride we wanted in Future World so it didn’t end up being that big of a deal.

Last edited:

TheMadMouse

I could make a lot of bank selling now vs what I paid when I purchased them. It’s tempting. Especially with Disney sticking their middle finger at dvc members and no longer selling annual passes
I couldn't have said it any better. Not allowing DVC members to buy annual passes goes directly against the whole concept of DVC. Now that they have our money and know we are trapped, they are robbing us blind with tickets. I wonder if the DVC Sales Team at kiosks all over WDW tell potential "regretters" about how ticket sales work!

nickys

Premium Member
Good question, I didn’t think to try and book anyway. Hopefully it was just a glitch on my end. We were still able to get LLs for every ride we wanted in World Showcase so it didn’t end up being that big of a deal.
The clue was actually in your original post.

Your next booking time is either when you tap in to your last booked ride or 2 hours have passed since you last booked a ride.

If it was 10am and you booked Soarin for 10:30, MDE would show your next window opened at 11:30am (end of your return window). If you then modified the return time to 11:30, then your next window would indeed open later, because you now have a return window of 11:30-12:30. Your next window would now be noon, 2 hours away.

If at 10am you had booked Soarin for 1pm your next booking window would be noon, 2 hours from when you booked. If you had pushed that back to 2pm, your next booking window would not have changed.

It was because you were booking within the next 2 hours that your window reset. You still have to meet one of the two requirements, so it became the earliest of 2 hours from now or the end of your new return window.

Therefore there is no change to the system.

DisneyDreamer08

Your next booking time is either when you tap in to your last booked ride or 2 hours have passed since you last booked a ride.

If it was 10am and you booked Soarin for 10:30, MDE would show your next window opened at 11:30am (end of your return window). If you then modified the return time to 11:30, then your next window would indeed open later, because you now have a return window of 11:30-12:30. Your next window would now be noon, 2 hours away.

If at 10am you had booked Soarin for 1pm your next booking window would be noon, 2 hours from when you booked. If you had pushed that back to 2pm, your next booking window would not have changed.

It was because you were booking within the next 2 hours that your window reset. You still have to meet one of the two requirements, so it became the earliest of 2 hours from now or the end of your new return window.

I found the video. It happens around the 7 minute mark. This is what I am talking about.

DisneyDreamer08

I just reread this and I think I understand what you are saying 😂
But I stand by my earlier statement that the system shouldn’t be this complicated 🤪

ThemeParkJunkee

Going back to WDW June 5-7 with no park tickets. Haven't gone since 2018. They have to change a lot. Just staying at POFQ and enjoying some restaurants with free Disney Reward dollars.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But that’s too nuanced: if you pay to ride an old junior coaster in mine train…or buy a $150 ticket to cut the wait down some as they close the park and reopen it at 7 pm…
…and then call it “an experience”…

…you ARE the problem. And you're actually destroying the park. Because there’s no end to the nosedive once you start feeding the greed machine with no boundaries.

…but feel free to self justify…they’re counting on it 👍🏻

Last edited by a moderator:

EPCOT-O.G.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will reportedly remain an Individual Lightning Lane after TRON Lightcycle / Run opens.

Can we all agree this man is a liar who only cares about the perception that Disney is expensive rather than the reality of the fact they nickle and dime at every chance they can get?

Moving SDMT off of ILL would be one way to demonstrate an eagerness to reign in the price hikes.

Don’t listen to what he SAYS - watch what he DOES.

B32B5178-1ADC-4266-AF20-2C6459878631.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom