Mandalorian and Grogu meet and greet for Walt Disney World

jinx8402

Luke, Leia and Vader is pushing it. I'm okay with Mando/Grogu as they could possibly still be around at the time of the sequels, while Grogu would probably be older, I'll make the exception.

There's 25 years between Mando and Episode 8. Grogu was 50 in the first season and we don't really know how the Yoda species ages from infant to adolescent to adult. Yoda was 900 years old, so for all we know they are "infants" until they are 75-100 which could still work.

Mando on the other hand would be around 65.

SpectreJordan

Luke, Leia and Vader is pushing it. I'm okay with Mando/Grogu as they could possibly still be around at the time of the sequels, while Grogu would probably be older, I'll make the exception.
If it's really an issue, the OT characters can be in the areas that aren't blatantly sequelified. The markets, the area near the Falcon, etc...

But in reality, it shouldn't matter. I'm not a Potter expert, but I'm sure there's stuff in those lands that contradicts the timeline.
There's 25 years between Mando and Episode 8. Grogu was 50 in the first season and we don't really know how the Yoda species ages from infant to adolescent to adult. Yoda was 900 years old, so for all we know they are "infants" until they are 75-100 which could still work.

Mando on the other hand would be around 65.
Tbf, Fett is around that age in the Mando shows & he's still kicking .

I'm really excited at the idea of more characters in Galaxy's Edge. I really hope they starting doing more actiony stuff though; it's cool seeing them walk around, but let me see them get chased by Stormtroopers or fighting in those walkways above the land.

zipadee999

If they don’t want to commit to full OT but still want to capitalize off of mando, do we think that smugglers run could ever get a slight retheme to include mando and boba??

Jambo Dad

You mean you like that they timeboxed Batuu to only the stupid last three movies? At the least they could change the clock for Batuu to different periods each day or something, and Galactic Cruiser would observe the same clock.

Indy_UK

I think that with the Starcruiser ‘struggling’ to fill rooms I wouldn’t be surprised if they are already working on a new storyline for that experience which in terms allows more fan favourite characters to allow in Batu.

It should be fairly straight forward.

Comped

From seeing all these videos and pictures, I can't help but think the baby Yoda I saw at IAAPA (made by GH, who I'm pretty sure made this one) looked better. Not mobile, but it certainly looked more screen accurate. And more cute.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
More photos of the Mandalorian and Grogu

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/star-wars-land/gallery/02mar2023-the-mandalorian-and-grogu-meet-and-greet-at-disney's-hollywood-studios.htm

Star-Wars-Land_Full_50661.jpg

Star-Wars-Land_Full_50662.jpg

Star-Wars-Land_Full_50667.jpg

Star-Wars-Land_Full_50669.jpg

Star-Wars-Land_Full_50676.jpg

More photos at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/star-wars-land/gallery/02mar2023-the-mandalorian-and-grogu-meet-and-greet-at-disney's-hollywood-studios.htm

Jobacca

This slavish devotion to the continuity of Black Spire accomplishes nothing. Keep the lore and the story of Baatu and Starcruiser, but if Mando and Boba Yoda appear or Darth Vader or Darth Maul are walking around taking pictures so what? If it makes the paying customers happy isnt that the point? Also-wasnt there supposed to be some story about the Black Spire itself that has yet to be told anywhere? "Much like the tree on Dagobah, the Black Spire of Baatu is strong with The Force leading to characters from across time and space occasionally appearing." There-fixed it for the nerds.

MagicHappens1971

Granted, but does the average guest (not the Star Wars Super Fan) even understand the Batuu timeline? I think it’s kind of lame it’s all been pigeon-holed into this mess we currently have.
I’m not saying they do, but to have the main ride focused around Rey sending you on a secret mission to Pacara, being intercepted by the First Order and escaping the Finalizer from Kylo Ren, it doesn’t make much sense that his dead father would be making an appearance. Leia could make appearances in the park, but Luke & Han are already dead.

MagicHappens1971

You mean you like that they timeboxed Batuu to only the stupid last three movies? At the least they could change the clock for Batuu to different periods each day or something, and Galactic Cruiser would observe the same clock.
They could change these things, but it would cost a lost of money to retheme Rise, Lucasfilm still holds a lot of control over these characters, you’ll notice that while Boba Fett & Fennec Shand may meet at Disneylands Galaxy’s Edge, Luke Leia and Vader have yet to ever make an appearance in Galaxys Edge. Lucasfilm dictates how the characters are used within the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom