Full housekeeping room cleanings returning to all Walt Disney World Resort Hotels

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has shared that by the end of February, all Walt Disney World Resort hotels will offer full housekeeping.

"We’ve heard from many of you about how much you love and have missed the more regular housekeeping services we offered prior to the pandemic, and I’m excited to share that we’ve been ramping them back up across Walt Disney World Resort hotels! By the end of February, full housekeeping room cleanings will once again be available at all of our Resort hotel rooms, with services provided daily or every other day depending on where you are staying. These full cleanings include everything you’d expect – from replacing towels and amenities to cleaning the bathrooms, making the beds, emptying trash and recycling, tidying the room and vacuuming."

Minnesota disney fan

"Daily or every other day depending on where you are staying?"

I'm glad they're ramping things up and performing more services, more often, but I'm curious: was "every other day" the norm before (that is, pre-COVID), anywhere?
Right . It's not back to normal if they only offer every day cleaning and every other day cleaning depending on What Type of Resort you are staying at. I guess if you stay at a value resort, it's every other day.
This is NOT what it was before no matter how they say it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Right . It's not back to normal
They never said it was.

This is NOT what it was before no matter how they say it.
They never said any such thing.

Not one time. They didn't say "back to normal" or "the way it was before."

They said: "I’m excited to share that we’ve been ramping them back up across Walt Disney World Resort hotels! By the end of February, full housekeeping room cleanings will once again be available at all of our Resort hotel rooms, with services provided daily or every other day depending on where you are staying."

So they're ramping up, and they shared where they expect to be in the ramp-up process by the end of the month.

People keep doing this and it's infuriating. "DISNEY SAID X, AND I DON'T LIKE X SO I'M MAD," when Disney never actually said X.

MickeyLuv'r

"Daily or every other day depending on where you are staying?"

I'm glad they're ramping things up and performing more services, more often, but I'm curious: was "every other day" the norm before (that is, pre-COVID), anywhere?

It looks like guests now have the ability to choose every other day via the online the check-in form. So maybe that is why WDW chose that wording.

Prior to the pandemic, Disney experimented with offering $10 to guests who opted out of housekeeping. I think it was given as a credit, or maybe a gift card, but it was only some hotels.

Some people dislike the idea of housekeeping entering the room every day, like when they are napping.

So maybe it is partly easier for WDW, and partly what some people prefer.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They never said it was.

They never said any such thing.

Not one time. They didn't say "back to normal" or "the way it was before."

So they're ramping up, and they shared where they expect to be in the ramp-up process by the end of the month.

Yeah, nothing says "in progress" or "more to come" like

The Walt Disney World Housekeeping Update You’ve Been Waiting For​

And you fail to note in your quote how they say "By the end of February, full housekeeping room cleanings will once again be available at all of our Resort hotel rooms" and they don't say "more to come" or "stay tuned" or "thanks for your patience"

It didn't say "heres an update on our progress" and it didn't acknowledge any shortcomings vs what it was.. it pitched a conclusion and full housekeeping.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

And you fail to note in your quote how they say "By the end of February, full housekeeping room cleanings will once again be available at all of our Resort hotel rooms" and they don't say "more to come" or "stay tuned" or "thanks for your patience"

It didn't say "heres an update on our progress" and it didn't acknowledge any shortcomings vs what it was.. it pitched a conclusion and full housekeeping.
I have about a thousand "I told you sos" to cash in from people who claimed that full housekeeping wouldn't be coming back in any form, so I'll take my track record on this one. 💅

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It looks like guests now have the ability to choose every other day via the online the check-in form. So maybe that is why WDW chose that wording.

Prior to the pandemic, Disney experimented with offering $10 to guests who opted out of housekeeping. I think it was given as a credit, or maybe a gift card, but it was only some hotels.

Some people dislike the idea of housekeeping entering the room every day, like when they are napping.

So maybe it is partly easier for WDW, and partly what some people prefer.

I was one of the people that took the $10 a day to not have housekeeping in my hotel room. I am not a messy person, I don't mind making my own bed, and I could still call for towels if needed. Also if I wanted fully service to my room then I could request it, they would tack on $10 to replace what they had given me on the opt out gift card. I hope they go back to the gift card for opting out of housekeeping someday again, it provided me a little extra adult beverage money.

MickeyLuv'r

Again, onsite guests now have a choice that they did not have before. Onsite hotel guests can now choose between daily housekeeping or every other day housekeeping. IMO, I think that largely explains the wording WDW used.

We do not need to attack each other over this.

castlecake2.0

I was one of the people that took the $10 a day to not have housekeeping in my hotel room. I am not a messy person, I don't mind making my own bed, and I could still call for towels if needed. Also if I wanted fully service to my room then I could request it, they would tack on $10 to replace what they had given me on the opt out gift card. I hope they go back to the gift card for opting out of housekeeping someday again, it provided me a little extra adult beverage money.
Me too, I’d gladly hang my own towels and make my bed to get a “free beer” each day.

Lilofan

That's another way of cutting cast member hours for the week. Guests will take the money, all cast not needed to clean occupied rooms , save money on payroll.

IanDLBZF

Again, onsite guests now have a choice that they did not have before. Onsite hotel guests can now choose between daily housekeeping or every other day housekeeping. IMO, I think that largely explains the wording WDW used.
It sounds like this will be similar to what Marriot does - full service every day at their Premium & Luxury properties (i.e. Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Sheraton, JW Marriott, etc) and every other day at their select brands (i.e. Fairfield, Courtyard, etc).

Now Hilton needs to get their act together and do the right thing.

MickeyLuv'r

That's another way of cutting cast member hours for the week. Guests will take the money, all cast not needed to clean occupied rooms , save money on payroll.
That is one way of framing it.

When I waited tables, I knew my regulars. Many of them ordered the same thing every visit, but they had different preferences. Some of them came every day because they wanted the social interaction. They wanted to tell me their order every day, just in case they were in the mood for a splurge.

Others were regulars because they wanted me to know their order. They liked their coffee a certain way, and didn't want to have to explain it every visit.

Some customers didn't want to talk at all. They felt most appreciated if they didn't have to say anything at all. Maybe they had to get to work, and valued efficiency/speed.

Hotel staff do not know who is behind door #412. Maybe it is a couple on their - ahem- honeymoon. Maybe somebody has a medical condition and needs to sleep/treat their condition. Imagine having to travel with an expensive/fragile medical device. Disney World hosts many business conventions. The person behind door #412 might be working from their hotel room. There are a range of valid reasons why people might need to use their room mid-day.

Opting out of room service might be doing EVERYONE a favor. As a housekeeper, I would not want to walk in on any number of personal activities. if someone did not want me there, I'd want to respect that preference. Often, if I gave my customers what they wanted, they tipped generously, including the people who wanted minimal interaction. Great service is variable based on individual needs.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Hotel staff do not know who is behind door #412. Maybe it is a couple on their - ahem- honeymoon. Maybe somebody has a medical condition and needs to sleep/treat their condition. Imagine having to travel with an expensive/fragile medical device. Disney World hosts many business conventions. The person behind door #412 might be working from their hotel room. There are a range of valid reasons why people might need to use their room mid-day.
Hence why do not disturb or room occupied signs exist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom