Wilderness Lodge outdoor water features

dennis-in-ct

Original Poster
Hello All -

During my trip a few weeks back, we booked breakfast at the Whispering Cayon (which was GREAT) but as we walked to the boat launch to Magic Kingdom afterward, we noticed that the waterfalls were not running. Is this outdoor water feature permanently a thing of the past or just under refurbishment?

The waterfalls are so impressive and add to the ambiance of the resort. I hope this is not a permanent change.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I have a theory that water features are often switched off in the winter when Florida gets drought-y because the water levels are too low. I was there around the same time you were and we noticed several boat rides where you could hear the water intakes sucking air because the water level was lower than where it should have been.

Raxel7851

I have a theory that water features are often switched off in the winter when Florida gets drought-y because the water levels are too low. I was there around the same time you were and we noticed several boat rides where you could hear the water intakes sucking air because the water level was lower than where it should have been.
That reminds me of our stay in September at POFQ. Of the 11 days we were there, it rained 9 days, and not just the typical summer shower. It would start around 2 and last until 7-8. There was so much water in the river to Disney Springs that one day the boats couldn’t run because the water level was so high the boats couldn’t go under the bridges that spanned the waterway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom