News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

celluloid

Great flashback photo!

The only thing I can add is that I have distinct memory of booking one of those treehouse villas via the Magic Kingdom Club, sometime early in the Reagan Administration. They were a lodging option, and quite unique and fun!

My family were all educators, and we had options for The Magic Kingdom Club. I have a pamphlet still somewhere, if it survived a move.

It had a neat little fold out of The Marketplace shopping village.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So we can't use vloggers as they're biased? We can't use anyone who pays because they're sycophants? That leaves just those who haven't been to review it, how would they know? :D

If you search youtube under 'Honest, In-Depth Review of the Star Wars: Glactic Starcruiser with Tom Corless', you'll get a review from a guy who's at war with Disney. He's paid and has no reason to lie and every reason to slate it, he makes a lot of money slating Disney. I'll leave it there but it is possible to say that they've produced a good product but maybe mismanaged it rather than just 'assume' it's not good. Take care, it's my bedtime :)

I won’t bash vloggers and claim them the root of everything. Nor will I be “too” harsh on “adult Disney fans” - as the term was just recently coined - who comprised the first wave of travelers….

But I kinda submit that from a business/success standpoint of this…Those we’re obviously the easy sells and now the real viability of this will be seen.

And therefore the game just started.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unprecedented demand in the inbox just now

Attachments

• 2F7620EC-4E2F-4623-ABEB-EC558B922AAB.png
    2F7620EC-4E2F-4623-ABEB-EC558B922AAB.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 68

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, they are trying to do the Discovery Cove like method to make it more appealing, but it is not just that giving and does not have that much appeal.
Well the discount isn’t good. Not close yet…

And I noticed the dates are 2/5-9/30…

So next week and for the next six months.

So can we put to rest the “do we really know if it’s failing?” Nonsense up thread?

It’s failing for sure…but to penguins point it is not yet a “failure”. There’s time.

dmw

In the Parks
No
some interesting restrictions in this email offer... like the max 2 night resort hotel room.

Purchase of a Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser vacation package is required. The number of Resort hotel rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Offer not valid on select voyages including: voyages departing on February 16, 18 and 22; March 12 and 14; April 3, 7, 11 and 13; May 3; June 12 and 16; July 24; and August 9, 15, 19, 21 and 23, 2023. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same Resort hotel room. Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Advance reservation required. Resort hotel stay must occur on dates immediately before or after the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage, but does not need to be on consecutive nights. A maximum of 2 nights in a Resort hotel room may be booked with this offer. Cancelling the reservation for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will result in the cancellation of the Resort hotel stay and any applicable cancellation fees will apply. All Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser package components are only valid during the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage and cannot be redeemed during the Resort hotel stay. Valid admission and a Theme Park reservation are required to enjoy Theme Parks and special events outside of your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser vacation package and are not included in this offer. To learn more about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, visit here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
some interesting restrictions in this email offer... like the max 2 night resort hotel room.
Not really…
They’re excluding the ones they think they can sell at normal price.
That’s how all Hotel deals work…target to bring up the margins.

The most interesting is they’ll cancel the backend if you don’t take the love boat…
That’s awesome 😎

…better call a hostage negotiator and have them on standby

Wendy Pleakley

Disney's model has always been to price as high as possible and then fill spots with discounts. Free dining and room discounts tend to happen every year at exactly the same time, yet people don't rush to say WDW is failing every time this happens.

To what degree the StarCruiser succeeds, fails, has to be modified, etc. is really still in a 'to be determined' phase.

It's ridiculously premature to be concluding otherwise.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney's model has always been to price as high as possible and then fill spots with discounts. Free dining and room discounts tend to happen every year at exactly the same time, yet people don't rush to say WDW is failing every time this happens.

To what degree the StarCruiser succeeds, fails, has to be modified, etc. is really still in a 'to be determined' phase.

It's ridiculously premature to be concluding otherwise.
So this is an apples to apples thing?

Ok…let’s see it play?

There is one angle where we might agree…recession/travel damage control mode.

Wendy Pleakley

So this is an apples to apples thing?

Ok…let’s see it play?

There is one angle where we might agree…recession/travel damage control mode.

The point is we don't know. There's a lot of armchair quarterbacking happening even though we don't know things like what Disney needs in terms of revenue/capacity to make this worthwhile in its' present state.

Maybe they already exhausted the target audience. Maybe they haven't. Maybe it's sustainable at 70% or 80% or whatever of the current cost. Maybe it's not.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The point is we don't know. There's a lot of armchair quarterbacking happening even though we don't know things like what Disney needs in terms of revenue/capacity to make this worthwhile in its' present state.

Maybe they already exhausted the target audience. Maybe they haven't. Maybe it's sustainable at 70% or 80% or whatever of the current cost. Maybe it's not.
Indeed…
Let’s see it play?

I believe I made the same suggestion on movies bout 5 years back…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The nice thing about wanting to see it fail is I suppose you have a backend timeline of 'forever' for it to happen.
That has to stop too…

The “wanting it fail” excuse…Also known as “my poor Disney 😱

One person legitimately said that here in a troll post. No one else has. RIF

Wanting them to do a much better job, provide better value and serve their audience is not wishing for failure. Neither is the value of learning lessons.

Time for the adult pants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom