News Walt Disney World's Character meet locations to reopen along with more shows and entertainment

WorldExplorer

I hate to state the obvious, but maybe they shouldn't announce they will be opening a venue soon, complete with including it in their park map as "coming soon", if they do not have the staff to actually open it.

brb1006

Such a good event. WDW could do something just as cool, but won't.
Seriously I love the introduction of Madame Mim and especially Ernesto De Cruz this year. Meanwhile MNSSHP character lineup had remained mostly the same and weaker for years now. Heck, MNSSHP deserves an overhaul or something. I'm surprised the other WDW Resorts hadn't thought of having its own Halloween event.

I strongly believe the execution of Villains Night at DHS a few summers ago must had really scared off Disney on expanding other major seasonal events at the parks.

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Seriously I love the introduction of Madame Mim and especially Ernesto De Cruz this year. Meanwhile MNSSHP character lineup had remained mostly the same abd weaker for years now. Heck, MNSSHP deserves an overhaul or something. I'm suprised the other WDW Resorts hadn't thought of having its own Halloween event.

I strongly believe the execution of Villains Night at DHS a few summers ago must had really scared off Disney on expanding other major seasonal events at the parks.
The debacle that was Villains Night probably put an end to anything like that happening here again. They learned the wrong lessons from that, unfortunately.

pdude81

Seriously I love the introduction of Madame Mim and especially Ernesto De Cruz this year. Meanwhile MNSSHP character lineup had remained mostly the same abd weaker for years now. Heck, MNSSHP deserves an overhaul or something. I'm suprised the other WDW Resorts hadn't thought of having its own Halloween event.

The did start up Villains After Hours though before the pandemic and I could see that being a more interesting upcharge event for MK should they choose to keep MNSSHP the same. Especially if they run it in the earlier spring and summer when there aren't other closures. I've been hoping to see that return

brb1006

The debacle that was Villains Night probably put an end to anything like that happening here again. They learned the wrong lessons from that, unfortunately.
I agree, I forgot Villains Night was held in the middle of Summer and not during the Fall. The concept would had been a much better fit during the Halloween season instead of being one night only.

brb1006

I don’t really care about characters but I’ve never had issues seeing Mickey or Minnie and pals in the parks from afar
It's the lack of variety, besides The Sensational Six, The Disney Princesses, Pooh & Friends. A majority of Disney Characters guests can meet at WDW are mostly from Disney and Pixar's recent films and The Renaissance Period. I remember when characters from Pinocchio, The Seven Dwarfs, Robin Hood, and Disney's older animated content (such as The Three Little Pigs and The Big Bad Wolf) used to be common characters for guests to spot easily. Once the 2010s rolled out, these characters have started to only appear for Holiday offerings and special occasions (remember "Long Lost Friends Week" during limited Time Magic") at WDW. At least Disneyland, Paris, and Tokyo manages to have better variety of Disney Characters that guests can meet.

Last edited:

wdrive

It's the lack of variety, besides The Sensational Six, The Disney Princesses, Pooh & Friends. A majority of Disney Characters guests can meet at WDW are mostly from Disney and Pixar's recent films and The Renaissance Period. I remember when characters from Pinocchio, The Seven Dwarfs, Robin Hood, and Disney's older animated content (such as The Three Little Pigs and The Big Bad Wolf) used to be common characters for guests to spot easily. I believe once the 2010s rolled out, these characters are usually saved from Holiday offerings and special occasions (remember "Long Lost Friends Week" during limited Time Magic") at WDW. At least Disneyland, Paris, and Tokyo manages to have better variety of Disney Characters that guests can meet.

I do understand there’s much less variety than there was in the past. But they didn’t used to have these multi room meet and greets. Before Covid there were more characters out per day than ever. It’s just instead of Pinocchio, the seven dwarfs and Robin Hood they’re all Mickey Mouse.

Patcheslee

The did start up Villains After Hours though before the pandemic and I could see that being a more interesting upcharge event for MK should they choose to keep MNSSHP the same. Especially if they run it in the earlier spring and summer when there aren't other closures. I've been hoping to see that return
Villains Night is the only MK after hours or event we've done. Thought it was fun to see Disney in a darker light.

rodnyh

Hello!

I have 3 questions regarding pop up characters:

1. Does HS still does the Fantasmic pop characters in the afternoon now that Fantasmic opened?

2. I know American Adventures is used sometimes for Epcot Random Pop Characters but I have not seen anything in between UK and Canada. Does it still happens between Canada and Uk?

3. Does characters pop up at AK Oasis like before the pandemic?

Thank you in advance! I have always been a fan of random pop up characters!

brb1006

I do understand there’s much less variety than there was in the past. But they didn’t used to have these multi room meet and greets. Before Covid there were more characters out per day than ever. It’s just instead of Pinocchio, the seven dwarfs and Robin Hood they’re all Mickey Mouse.
I remember when Marie from The Aristocats used to meet guests daily at MK and previously Epcot until mid 2016.

mm52200

Hello!

I have 3 questions regarding pop up characters:

1. Does HS still does the Fantasmic pop characters in the afternoon now that Fantasmic opened?

2. I know American Adventures is used sometimes for Epcot Random Pop Characters but I have not seen anything in between UK and Canada. Does it still happens between Canada and Uk?

3. Does characters pop up at AK Oasis like before the pandemic?

Thank you in advance! I have always been a fan of random pop up characters!
No Fant pop ups.
Occasionally at world showplace.
No pop ups at Oasis.

ToTBellHop

Worst. Haiku. Ever.
Really, cuz over here, we are like
1671105982281.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom