MN mom taking 2 daughters to DW 2-1/2 days need help planning

MN mom

going to Disney World end of January 30th – 1st . with my two adult daughters, they have both never been to Disney World only Disneyland.

Because you have to make your park reservations ahead of time, I need help/advice/guidance from the Disney experts on what we should do.

We will be getting their most likely right after lunch on Monday. We will have half day Monday and full day Tuesday & Wednesday. Wondering which parks you think we should see. and if it worth doing the park hopper so we can get to all of the parks, or do you think there is a park worth skipping. and we should just do a park a day?

Monday –

Tuesday –

Wednesday – Magic Kingdom the park closes at 4:30 on Tuesday so this is only full day we could go

Should we pay the money for the Lighting lane/Geni+

Does it make sense to get the magic bands.

We would like to do a sit down meal at least once for lunch or dinner. These are the ones we are leaning towards thoughts/suggestions.
MK - Skipper Canteen or Be our guest
HS -Brown Derby or Sci-Fi
Epcot - Tutto or San Angel
AK - Yak & Yeti or Tiffins

Thank you

RememberWhen

I think MK on your only possible full day there is a good plan. Are you staying on property? What does your group most like? Any Star Wars fans? Or anyone a real animal lover? If either of those is a yes I would plan for DHS or AK for your other full day. Epcot is a bit of a mess right now, but still has some great stuff. And the Festival of the Arts will be happening, so there’s lots of stuff to see. That might be a good bet for your first half day. Arrive, ride rides, eat some food, see some fireworks. Doesn’t sound bad.

For dining, check out the menus and think about what you’d like to eat. You can book dining 60 days out, for your length of stay if you’re on-site. If not you’ll book day by day. IMHO, Be Our Guest is overpriced unless you have a huge BatB fan.

You likely don’t need magic bands, but they are convenient. Especially if you’re tapping into the LLs. If you don’t have Genie+ it’s probably just as easy to use your plastic ticket for park entry.

If it was me, and it’s not, I would probably get Genie+ for your trip. If it was a 10 day trip with 6 people, that adds up a lot. But for 3 people for 3 days, it’s not that much and would get you on more rides with shorter waits. Definitely do your research though. There are strategies about what rides to book first and when and it’s a whole thing.

Upvote 0

MN mom

Original Poster
I think MK on your only possible full day there is a good plan. Are you staying on property? What does your group most like? Any Star Wars fans? Or anyone a real animal lover? If either of those is a yes I would plan for DHS or AK for your other full day. Epcot is a bit of a mess right now, but still has some great stuff. And the Festival of the Arts will be happening, so there’s lots of stuff to see. That might be a good bet for your first half day. Arrive, ride rides, eat some food, see some fireworks. Doesn’t sound bad.

For dining, check out the menus and think about what you’d like to eat. You can book dining 60 days out, for your length of stay if you’re on-site. If not you’ll book day by day. IMHO, Be Our Guest is overpriced unless you have a huge BatB fan.

You likely don’t need magic bands, but they are convenient. Especially if you’re tapping into the LLs. If you don’t have Genie+ it’s probably just as easy to use your plastic ticket for park entry.

If it was me, and it’s not, I would probably get Genie+ for your trip. If it was a 10 day trip with 6 people, that adds up a lot. But for 3 people for 3 days, it’s not that much and would get you on more rides with shorter waits. Definitely do your research though. There are strategies about what rides to book first and when and it’s a whole thing.
Yes staying at Disney Sports resort. No star wars fan, yes animal fans. I think to make sure we get the best experience we will do the park hopper, genie+ and the bands. Thank you

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom