Can I Come Back to the Parks?

DonniePeverley

Let's be honest, you aren't boycotting anything. This just smacks of 'look at me' i am unhappy with the direction Disney are taking - yet is still planning on going, but wants to give the illusion it's not willingly which is of course nonsense of the highest order.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I don’t even have to boycot, the Aesthetics of the parks alone have been changed so much along with the offerings it’s no longer the place I had a year round urge to go to. It took a few trips to realize that but my desire is dead. On top of that looking back is upsetting. Disney World was such a big part of my family including relatives and childhood. It breaks my heart seeing what it has become I thought it would be in my life forever.

chrisbarry

I don’t get what everyone is so upset about. I was there in August, went back in November, and I’m going back in January. I’m still thrilled by the place, as thrilled as I was back in 2003 and as thrilled as I’ve been every year since then - minus pandemic time when we stayed away for 2 years! Prices have gone up everywhere for everything. There’s plenty of magic left. Beats a day at work, that’s for sure. If you’re that negative about the place then you’re having a very different experience than my family and I have had the last few months and sorry to say it, but, don’t go. Why go to a place you don’t want to go to?

But seriously it’s still pretty damn beautiful and amazing. One night on the November trip, we went to the Polynesian, had dinner outside at Captain Cooks then took the boat over to the Magic Kingdom for a few rides and fireworks. Crossing the Seven Seas Lagoon under the moonlight, I couldn’t think of any place else I’d rather be. Watched the fireworks. Had some ice cream, went on the Jingle Cruise. Then stayed in the park for an hour after officially closing, taking photos around the hub and on Main Street. Pure bliss. It’s there if you let it in.

Last edited:

thomas998

Let's be honest, you aren't boycotting anything. This just smacks of 'look at me' i am unhappy with the direction Disney are taking - yet is still planning on going, but wants to give the illusion it's not willingly which is of course nonsense of the highest order.
Let's actually be honest. You don't have a clue whether the OP has or hasn't boycotted Disney. I don't have a clue either. You can take someone for their word or call them a liar, your post just told me which group you fall into. Not something to be proud of... but hey, you be you.

Hitchens

I'd argue that this article about Schlitz applies to Walt Disney World as much as it does to Twitter:
I'd suggest just cutting back. Go to Universal Orlando, especially after they open Epic Universe,
and check out the original Disneyland Paris park (skip the Studios part there) with a full week in Paris and --so many options in Europe. And visit both Tokyo Disneyland parks as part of a week-long or longer trip to Japan.
If you have kids or grandkids between 3 and 11, take them on a Disney cruise to Alaska or (if they're between 7 & 12) Europe.

Centauri Space Station

I don’t even have to boycot, the Aesthetics of the parks alone have been changed so much along with the offerings it’s no longer the place I had a year round urge to go to. It took a few trips to realize that but my desire is dead. On top of that looking back is upsetting. Disney World was such a big part of my family including relatives and childhood. It breaks my heart seeing what it has become I thought it would be in my life forever.
Aesthetically? How so?

yensid67

I echo your disgust with DIsney and the lack of attention to detail, to legacy, to guest experience, I said in my mind, that I would not return to the parks until there was drastic change back to these aspects of Disney, so I began to look at Universal, just the way you have, and I found out something...I could actually save some money! By using Universal as my PRIMARY park and just going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, I could save a few bucks! You don't have to boycott Disney totally, just make it a point not to spend any more money than you want/have to...when guests stop spending cash at Disney, that's when things will change! With Bob Iger back at the helm of things, things will begin to change. Maybe not back to the way it was, but it will change for the better of Disney and guests alike! So, hang in there...don't give up on something that you love so quickly! Just like a argument in a relationship, you just don't call it quits and move on to the next person! You fight for what you love and have with them! We need to do the same with Disney! Fight for what you love!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom