Takumi-Tei Reopening Date

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to an e-mail from the Mitsukoshi Dining Team, Takumi-Tei will reopen November 23rd to walk-in guests only.

From the e-mail -

"Thank you for your patience as we prepare to bring back the high level of service and cuisine for which Takumi-tei is known.

We are pleased to announce that we will be officially re-opening on Wednesday, November 23. Our new menu will feature two omakase multi-course meals priced at $250 (omnivorous) and $150 (plant-based). Our hours of operation will be Thursday – Monday from 5:00 – 7:30pm. We will be serving a limited number of walk-in guests only*.

We will inform you when we begin accepting reservations."

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
According to an e-mail from the Mitsukoshi Dining Team, Takumi-Tei will reopen November 23rd to walk-in guests only.

From the e-mail -

"Thank you for your patience as we prepare to bring back the high level of service and cuisine for which Takumi-tei is known.

We are pleased to announce that we will be officially re-opening on Wednesday, November 23. Our new menu will feature two omakase multi-course meals priced at $250 (omnivorous) and $150 (plant-based). Our hours of operation will be Thursday – Monday from 5:00 – 7:30pm. We will be serving a limited number of walk-in guests only*.

We will inform you when we begin accepting reservations."
I loved Takumi-Tei. Now I’m just disappointed.

Just more of this Pre-fixe contagion spreading throughout WDW. Everywhere it’s been implemented it’s just totally wrecked the uniqueness and quality of the restaurant.

UNCgolf

I loved Takumi-Tei. Now I’m just disappointed.

Just more of this Pre-fixe contagion spreading throughout WDW. Everywhere it’s been implemented it’s just totally wrecked the uniqueness and quality of the restaurant.

I won't rant about it again here because I've done it enough on this site, but prix fixe is terrible for customers at most restaurants.

That said, Takumi-Tei could potentially be one of the restaurants where it fits (like Victoria & Albert's) if they don't try to homogenize and serve the same things every single night.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If they have scallops as part of the menu then that is a significant portion of the increase. The scallop entree at Teppan Edo went from $40s to $60s in one increase. I no longer get scallops at Teppan Edo.

Club Cooloholic

If they have scallops as part of the menu then that is a significant portion of the increase. The scallop entree at Teppan Edo went from $40s to $60s in one increase. I no longer get scallops at Teppan Edo.
What plant is justifying $150?
Also, while that is quite an increase for scallops....think about this. The tasting menu was $130, now the pre fixe will be $250...other than including tomahawk steaks I am struggling to see how that increase is justified.

And some comparisons...I don't think this restaurant will ever be confused with these..

Disney is basically daring its customers to see how stupid they want to be with money

Last edited:

BrianLo

Omakase isn't quite the same as Prix Fixe. I get the complaints and comparators, but generally speaking the menu isn't fixed, its adaptable to what the chef feels is best any given night.

Club Cooloholic

Omakase isn't quite the same as Prix Fixe. I get the complaints and comparators, but generally speaking the menu isn't fixed, its adaptable to what the chef feels is best any given night.
You know, rereading the release, maybe I read this wrong. I thought the only option was the omakase, but maybe it's just in addition to a la carte.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Prix fixe can operate like this as well (the Disney prix fixe options generally don't, though), unless there's a different term I'm unaware of.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
What an utterly loathsome menu.

I loved Takumi-Tei in it's original incarnation, this is just so completely disappointing. This has nothing to do with the price, but all to do with the completely dumbed down and boring menu. Give me an excellent meal and I will gladly pay for it. Compared to what it was, this is not it.

I truly hope this fails miserably.

Figgy1

Premium Member
What an utterly loathsome menu.

I loved Takumi-Tei in it's original incarnation, this is just so completely disappointing. This has nothing to do with the price, but all to do with the completely dumbed down and boring menu. Give me an excellent meal and I will gladly pay for it. Compared to what it was, this is not it.

I truly hope this fails miserably.

As someone who regularly eats “fancy” at WDW, I must be missing something. I’m not impressed with this menu.
^^^^This all of this. IMHO the menu seems lazy at best

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom