No
Right now: MGM

11:15 AM RnRC
11:55 AM ST
12:05 PM ToT
12:15 PM TSM

5:25 PM MMRR
5:35 PM MF:SR

That's a ton of available LL in the next hour.
Today's availability didn't really help me a few weeks ago ;) Star Tours and Toy Story Mania will always have availability. I was also talking about MK not HS.

Understand your point, but vast majority who have been in the last few months realize this is a horrid system with very little benefit to the guest. As such, I simply won't purchase this going forward, but its a shame its gotten this way.

DCLcruiser

Today's availability didn't really help me a few weeks ago ;) Star Tours and Toy Story Mania will always have availability. I was also talking about MK not HS.

Understand your point, but vast majority who have been in the last few months realize this is a horrid system with very little benefit to the guest. As such, I simply won't purchase this going forward, but its a shame its gotten this way.
I will be using G+ for the first time next week. Can't wait to see how bad it is.

ceecee101

What they don’t realize is they are creating a big problem. People visiting now feel like they have to pay for G+ to have a similar experience like they had with FP+. However, after trying that, they are frustrated trying to use it and the price to use it whereas they may not come back or come back for awhile (longer than usual)
We were there over the past week. We definitely won’t be back for awhile. Except for 2 days the place looked like what, for us (not having been in 13 years) 4th of July or Thanksgiving. When the Genie+ LL like for BTMR had switchbacks and was still halfway across the Splash bridge, something is seriously wrong. For the money, we’ll keep returning to Europe or elsewhere. We know how to get away from crowds there, but this was impossible. It was quite depressing and I feel for people who think this is what normal is And have no sense of the old days. Sad.

DisneyDreamer08

I will be using G+ for the first time next week. Can't wait to see how bad it is.
If you know how to use it, and are lucky enough to not have any glitches, it’s not all bad. When I used it back in January, I was fairly successful. It just stinks waking up early if you’re not rope dropping. And of course, paying for it stinks.

JD80

I argue that it's functionally better than FP+, assuming we define the function as skipping more lines or spending less time in line. But you have to ignore a lot of negatives first to even make that argument.
  • It cost money
  • You have to be on the APP at 7am every morning (fighting everyone else for specific attractions)
  • You have to set alarms for every 2 hours if you're stacking.
  • You have to constantly be checking your phone for availability
Essentially it's a pain in the to do and it's a lot of work. It's like being a Disney Planner / Project Manager on the fly making decisions constantly. You can never really relax or sleep in.

DCLcruiser

I argue that it's functionally better than FP+, assuming we define the function as skipping more lines or spending less time in line. But you have to ignore a lot of negatives first to even make that argument.
  • It cost money
  • You have to be on the APP at 7am every morning (fighting everyone else for specific attractions)
  • You have to set alarms for every 2 hours if you're stacking.
  • You have to constantly be checking your phone for availability
Essentially it's a pain in the to do and it's a lot of work. It's like being a Disney Planner / Project Manager on the fly making decisions constantly. You can never really relax or sleep in.
That's what I am expecting. Doesn't seem too bad. Basically FP+ w/o the reservation. The time to make a daily G+ purchase is the worst part.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
If you know how to use it, and are lucky enough to not have any glitches, it’s not all bad. When I used it back in January, I was fairly successful. It just stinks waking up early if you’re not rope dropping. And of course, paying for it stinks.
This was another thing I wasn't to happy about. Every morning had to set that alarm to 6:55AM. Maybe some have asked this before, but why not have that window at say 5PM the day before or really anytime from 5to 8PM the day prior?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This was another thing I wasn't to happy about. Every morning had to set that alarm to 6:55AM. Maybe some have asked this before, but why not have that window at say 5PM the day before or really anytime from 5to 8PM the day prior?
Go to 30 days prior. Give everyone 1 free one (and then do away with park reservations cause they’ll know who’s going where from that)

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Go to 30 days prior. Give everyone 1 free one (and then do away with park reservations cause they’ll know who’s going where from that)
I will say, as a planner, its frustrating knowing you have dining reservations you made 60 days prior, and that all that planning will go to waste if a family member wants to get a FP for specific ride that only has availability at the times you made the dining reservations. While the 180 days out was extreme for dining, I thought the 60 day mark for both dining and FP was the perfect median.

csmat99

this will be one of things Iger def will fix after holidays. ideally genie gets blown up but the pricing is absurd and even the blind pixie's agree and that is saying something. The rides are constantly going down but hey let's charge our family of four an extra $120 bucks a day plus individual rides just to get to ride 3-4 rides a day if lucky. Just last week pirates crashed for over hour, guardians preshow wall wouldn't go up, rise of course went down multiple times over multiple days.

csmat99

In January? that is one of the lowest times of the season. Of course it worked ok. The system doesn't belong period. Universal has the ideal system and has had it for over 10 years if my memory serves correctly. No family or person should have to wake up at 6:55 am just to hope the app works and they can get a ride that they can't even choice time window unless you are also paying extra for the paid rides.

nickys

Premium Member
this will be one of things Iger def will fix after holidays. ideally genie gets blown up but the pricing is absurd and even the blind pixie's agree and that is saying something. The rides are constantly going down but hey let's charge our family of four an extra $120 bucks a day plus individual rides just to get to ride 3-4 rides a day if lucky. Just last week pirates crashed for over hour, guardians preshow wall wouldn't go up, rise of course went down multiple times over multiple days.
Paid fastpasses were Iger’s baby. Now Genie+ may not be what he had envisaged. I remember there were several possible options considered and ultimately some of the ideas that respected posters here posted about as likely didn’t happen.

We also know changes were planned for early next year. We may get significant changes to G+ eventually, but there is no chance it’s going away.

csmat99

Paid fastpasses were Iger’s baby. Now Genie+ may not be what he had envisaged. I remember there were several possible options considered and ultimately some of the ideas that respected posters here posted about as likely didn’t happen.

We also know changes were planned for early next year. We may get significant changes to G+ eventually, but there is no chance it’s going away.
I agree not going away but for example if someone is paying 15-20 per day and nothing is guaranteed that isn't ok. Also, planning day of when literally everything else needs to be planned out 30-60 days is not acceptable.

pdude81

I agree not going away but for example if someone is paying 15-20 per day and nothing is guaranteed that isn't ok. Also, planning day of when literally everything else needs to be planned out 30-60 days is not acceptable.
$15-20 is lunch in today's WDW

pdude81

You literally proved my point. For 15-20 i actually get food and what I ordered. For genie good chance I don't even get what I want. and I won't know until morning of.
You didn't pay the $120 entry fee for a hot dog meal at Casey's though. And sometimes the hot dog sucks. Genie is a small plus on top of other massive costs to lock in a better experience. Whether it works well or not is up to the crowds and your own strategy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom