Fantasmic Reopening Watch

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Ursula is a witch, and also a little Easter egg to the DL show, I don’t mind her staying. I also would not be opposed to adding Dr Facilier to the sequence for the same reason, they are the stuff of nightmares.
I mean the entire show is kind of a reference to the Disneyland show and Ursula serves no purpose, in Disneyland she summons Chernabog in WDW she’s just kinda there. Also Dr. Facilier is a really great fit for Fantasmic he would be sooooo good.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Well if it's truly returning on 10/26, I would expect news tomorrow (3 weeks) or Thursday at the latest.
I’d certainly hope so, Disney can be very unpredictable when it comes to when they announce things. They announced the date for finding Nemo the musical only a week and half before it returned.

mattpeto

I heard they are having a technical challenge again. No idea if it’s the same one that’s been a nuisance previously. Maybe one of the insiders can help us here.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I heard they are having a technical challenge again. No idea if it’s the same one that’s been a nuisance previously. Maybe one of the insiders can help us here.
I mean who knows at this point, Fantasmic has so many different moving pieces it could be anything really.

Movielover

I wish they would ditch any villain without supernatural powers (Scar
Ok I have to object to this. Scar uses color changing geysers and shifting cliff faces perfectly timed to music to punctuate his manifesto, summons a army of goose-stepping hyenas out of thin air, and literally causes a massive nationwide drought simply by killing a single lion. If this isn't supernatural powers than I am Mickey Mouse.

;)

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Is this still the 1998 Dragon? Or a New one? It worked pretty good Pre COVID if it's still the original.
I imagine it’s still the original version, especially considering that Disney would probably want to announce that and make it a big selling point of the shows return. I could see it being the same dragon, but with maybe some aesthetic upgrades

Mediachi

I don’t know if I discussed this on this thread, but last month during the last hour or so of Saturday’s D23 Expo Live stream, Bret Iwan said in an interview that he redubbed Wayne Allwine’s voice lines for the Hollywood Studios version of Fantasmic.

Make of that what you will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom