News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

ToTBellHop

50th overall. What a huge disappointment. I could tell the moment I walked in to MK on 10/1/21. Queues everywhere for stuff. No mention of Walt or recognition for his vision. Mobile order failing everywhere. The only silver lining was attractions had lighter queues because of all the guests in shop queues around the park. DE was part of the disappointment. Just a new fireworks show with IP in it. I appreciate the Walt tag which they finally added and am seeing in several weeks but too little too late.
Literally the only thing the 50th brought that I’m thankful for is the lights on SSE. Rat and GOTG were coming regardless.

In the end, the park actually turning 50 got nothing worthwhile. TRON didn’t even make it to the party.

It was a complete and utter failure.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Literally the only thing the 50th brought that I’m thankful for is the lights on SSE. Rat and GOTG were coming regardless.

In the end, the park actually turning 50 got nothing worthwhile. TRON didn’t even make it to the party.

To me, 50% of the blame goes to Disney and the other 50% goes to COVID...either way, it was a disappointment. Can't change that now so time to pick up the pieces...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Weren't all the infrastructure projects geared toward making WDW ready for the 50th?
  • Skyliner.
  • Refresh of all the parks entrances including the EPCOT light show.
  • Refurb of all Disney resort hotel room.

I appreciate all of those.

ToTBellHop

Weren't all the infrastructure projects geared toward making WDW ready for the 50th?
  • Skyliner.
  • Refresh of all the parks entrances including the EPCOT light show.
  • Refurb of all Disney resort hotel room.

I appreciate all of those.
Lucky timing because those would have happened anyway. I also appreciate that they provide toilet paper through at least 3/31/23 but I don’t know if that is a celebration of MK’s 50th.

Now, if there were an imprint of Walt’s head on the toilet paper like the Grand Floridian imprints their toilet paper, I’d call the 50th a complete success.

eddie104

To me, 50% of the blame goes to Disney and the other 50% goes to COVID...either way, it was a disappointment. Can't change that now so time to pick up the pieces...
I think a lot people need to stop solely blaming Disney for the 50th.

They probably wanted to do a more elaborate celebration but covid essentially killed their revenue streams.

Of course this is speculation on my part as I’m not sure what was originally approved budget wise.

brb1006

50th overall. What a huge disappointment. I could tell the moment I walked in to MK on 10/1/21. Queues everywhere for stuff. No mention of Walt or recognition for his vision. Mobile order failing everywhere. The only silver lining was attractions had lighter queues because of all the guests in shop queues around the park. DE was part of the disappointment. Just a new fireworks show with IP in it. I appreciate the Walt tag which they finally added and am seeing in several weeks but too little too late.
It's inferior to the 25th Anniversary Celebration.

MagicHappens1971

I think a lot people need to stop solely blaming Disney for the 50th.

They probably wanted to do a more elaborate celebration but covid essentially killed their revenue streams.

Of course this is speculation on my part as I’m not sure what was originally approved budget wise.

Anything more “elaborate” would’ve been well into production well before covid. They had no big plans, it’s embarrassing

Beacon Joe

I also appreciate that they provide toilet paper through at least 3/31/23 but I don’t know if that is a celebration of MK’s 50th.

Now, if there were an imprint of Walt’s head on the toilet paper like the Grand Floridian imprints their toilet paper, I’d call the 50th a complete success.

1) Have you used their toilet paper? 🤣 I don't know where they sourced 0.10 ply toilet paper, but hats off to them. And to the manufacturer for mass producing sheets of paper at a near quantum scale.

2) What's this about special imprinted Grand Floridian toilet paper?

ToTBellHop

1) Have you used their toilet paper? 🤣 I don't know where they sourced 0.10 ply toilet paper, but hats off to them. And to the manufacturer for mass producing sheets of paper at a near quantum scale.

2) What's this about special imprinted Grand Floridian toilet paper?
1663347312821.jpeg

Fido Chuckwagon

The thing to remember about blaming Covid is that in less than the amount of time it is taking Disney to build 1 roller coaster, Universal is building an entire theme park. Oh, and Universal also opened a new roller coaster.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The thing to remember about blaming Covid is that in less than the amount of time it is taking Disney to build 1 roller coaster, Universal is building an entire theme park. Oh, and Universal also opened a new roller coaster.
EU was announced in the summer of 2019. It will be completed in the summer of 2025.

That's six years.

Even Disney doesn't take six years to build one roller coaster. After all, from announcement TRON will only be 5 1/2 years!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom