News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

dreday3

Oh wow. We will see Epcot Forever in April then. We've never seen it.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :D

Man, I think we picked a bad time to skip our October trip and see Flower/Garden instead. Looks like everything will be happening at the time we normally travel.

You win some, you lose some.

jrhwdw

EPCOT Forever expected to return to Walt Disney World for a third time​

Epcot-Forever_Full_42655.jpg
Do we expect any Changes from the 2021 Version????? A 40th
Tag every Night of EF Perhaps????

I don't Hate Harm but EF should run Oct 1st 2022.......

jrhwdw

Now I'm starting to wonder,do we just need EF for Harm's Removeal???

If the 2023 Spectacular will be Backstage most of the Daylight like ROE, Nothing should be built in WSL during EF, correct?????

trainplane3

Oh wow. We will see Epcot Forever in April then. We've never seen it.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :D

Man, I think we picked a bad time to skip our October trip and see Flower/Garden instead. Looks like everything will be happening at the time we normally travel.

You win some, you lose some.
EF is a fine show. Ending segment is a bit of whiplash since you go from Epcot music to "A Whole New World". It's nothing mind blowing and is certainly lackluster compared to Harmonious since it's just fireworks and lasers but they have such minimal infrastructure to work with too.

If Harm's Tech is Staying, we wouldn't need EF????
Isn't EF's confirmation(by Steve, not DPB) that all of Harm is leaving??????
The barges could be getting moved back stage for extensive modifications. We all know the marina can't hold all 5 (technically 7) barges at the same time. Well, unless they actually lift them out and put them on land for the work.

ToTBellHop

Guests don’t care if they see fireworks with cartoons or fireworks with proper meaning.

They need to do it right again for those who do care.
Exactly right. As long as there are big booms, at least 80% of guests are happy. And we see that with DE and Harm numbers. Let’s hope they can get back to producing shows that also satisfy the other 20%. I:ROE’s perceived pacing issues weren’t a condemnation of the concept. Just make sure you have big booms at least every 30 seconds for the 80% and they’ll be happy while the 20% appreciate the park-appropriate story.

If Bob really thought he needed a show for the 80% who like any fireworks display, he doesn’t understand his audience at all.

As an aside, I actually thought EF Big Boom edition was pretty good. It’s certainly suitable for next summer and I’ll gladly accept it with restored World Showcase daytime sightlines.

trainplane3

Exactly right. As long as there are big booms, at least 80% of guests are happy. And we see that with DE and Harm numbers. Let’s hope they can get back to producing shows that also satisfy the other 20%. I:ROE’s perceived pacing issues weren’t a condemnation of the concept. Just make sure you have big booms at least every 30 seconds for the 80% and they’ll be happy while the 20% appreciate the park-appropriate story.

If Bob really thought he needed a show for the 80% who like any fireworks display, he doesn’t understand his audience at all.
Honestly, better fountains would've helped that a lot. Something along the lines of DLs Fantasmic fountains (movable, LED based ones). Drones are another good filler too. Todays tech would've made that section much better.

jrhwdw

As an aside, I actually thought EF Big Boom edition was pretty good. It’s certainly suitable for next summer and I’ll gladly accept it with restored World Showcase daytime sightlines.
ROE did last 20 Years. So some balance must have worked.

mattpeto

Others have said otherwise - how do you know?
I don't know for sure.

Here are my context clues:
  • A while back I heard that the higher-ups didn't like the look of the WS lagoon like the rest of us. They okayed the permanent placement of the barges because the daytime fountains were expected to make it the view more pleasing; which we know turned out to be unsuccessful.
  • Disney hinted to catch Harmonious, during the 50th anniversary a few months ago on Twitter.
  • @wdwmagic has made a few hints on the replacement show:
    • "New show looks very promising"
    • "Sightlines won't be a problem"
    • EPCOT Forever is likely to return
I find it extremely unlikely they will double-down on the barges. And it still feels like half of the people here think the barges will live on, I guess we'll find out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom