2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Noah Gragson today was announced as the driver of the Petty GMS Racing 42 car for 2023 in the cup.

Noah Gragson was racing is finishing up his final year at Jr. Motorsports in the Xfinity series.

wdwfan4ver

If there is Kurt Busch news from August 25th to September 7th, I may not be able to report it. The same thing is true with any NASCAR news during that time frame including if there is Kyle Busch news.

The problem is going to be the unknown of wi-fi while using laptop computer. I had problems in the past with connect with laptop in hotel rooms.

wdwfan4ver

I have an answer what is causing Kurt Busch to miss to so many races. Kurt Busch first did a national touring series in NASCAR in 2000 back in the truck series. There was no safer barrier tracks at any NASCAR track before IMS did in 2002. Kurt also had his first full year in a regional NASCAR touring series in 1998. That regional series went to 2 cup tracks in Phoenix, and Sonoma. There is a unknown on how many concussions Kurt has had in his racing career. We don't know many concussions Kurt might've had this year also before Pocono.

That being said with Kurt, it might be possible that we've seen Kurt's last NASCAR race due to concussion. People right now are comparing what happened to Kurt to what happened to Dale Jr. in 2016.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I deleted the Aric Almirola post about returning to Stewart-Haas racing for a reason. It came out today that Jim utter, a member of the NASCAR media reported false information about Aric Almirola. It was found out the Utter got the information from a unknown source A lot of the NASCAR news sources online got that information about Aric Almirola from Utter.

Aric Almirola himself said today that he hasn't made a final decision if he decided to change his mind from the retirement that he announced back in January. That mean Utter's source was not correct.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Bubba Wallace will be racing in the 45 car for rest of the season instead of his normal 23 car due to 23XI feels like Bubba would giving the 45 car the best chance to finish the highest in points for the owner's championship for the 45 car. Bubba still will have his crew chief.

The 23 team will have Ty Gibbs as the sub driver. There is no info on Kurt Busch right now on when he will return.

wdwfan4ver

Looks like the 2023 All Star race will be at North Wilkseboro.
I didn't mention at the time due to me wanting it be official. It is official now.

As far as the track itself, I am happy that race track gets any type of a NASCAR race considering it was a legendary short track back in the 1940s to the mid 1990s. This race track took years to get racing again after it went away after 1996.

I always hated how the late Bruton Smith and Bob Bahre handled North Wilkesboro, but I also didn't like what caused those to do that. People claimed in the past that the track being gone from NASCAR was one of the signs of NASCAR forgetting its roots back in the 1990s and 2000s.

What I am referring to is the founder of the race track died in 1995 from a stoke and those two bought the track just to get NASCAR dates on tracks they already own. Meaning they bought a race track just to close it down. Burton Smith wanted a date for his new Texas Motor Speedway track, but NASCAR refused to give it to him unless he buy an existing track with NASCAR dates and completely closes it down. What caused that was NASCAR wanted a limited amount of cup dates.

Bruton Smith was a co-owner of the race track due to him wanting Texas Motor Speedway getting NASCAR dates. Bob Bahre was a co-owner for giving New Hampshire Motor Speedway another NASCAR date. Bahre and Smith didn't exactly get along either and caused attempts to reopen the track not to happen before the late 2000s before closing again.

The community of North Wilkesboro wanted that track to have racing again, but it took years due to Bruton Smith. He wanted price to buy the track to be extremely expensive because he didn't want to reopen it.

The deal with North Wilkesboro was the cup side was losing battle for the track back in the 90s due to the track only having 36,000 fan capacity. Remember NASCAR was growing in the 90s and bigger race tracks were getting built in attendance capacity. The thing is the track in the 1990s had enough capacity to do truck series races and maybe Busch series after 1996.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

There is stuff going on with Kyle Busch. There are rumors with it being a done deal with RCR. What I know is the 2 front runners for Kyle are 23XI Racing and RCR.

What I know about 23XI Racing is Denny Hamlin expects Kyle's brother back in the 45 ride. That is a key considering they had 2 teams and Tyler Reddick is coming in 2024.

As far as RCR goes and Kyle. It sounds strange considering I recalled the fight the 2 had over a decade ago. Richard has a motive for wanting Kyle. Richard really does not like Tyler Reddick leaving RCR after 2023 and is possible that Richard wants Tyler gone after this season or wants a 3rd RCR team. The other thing is Kyle has a truck team and that would be handy for developing drivers. The fact is RCR this year is having their best year in wins since Kevin Harvick raced for them.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced their 2023 schedules for cup, Xfinity and truck series today.

2023 Cup Series schedule
Feb. 5th - Clash (la Memorial Coliseum
February 16th - Duels at Daytona
February 19th - Daytona 500
February 26th - Auto Club
March 5th - Las Vegas
March 12th - Phoenix
March 19th - Atlanta
March 26th - COTA
April 2nd - Richmond
April 9th - Bristol Dirt Race
April 16th - Martinsville
April 23rd - Talladega
April 30th - Dover
May 7th - Kansas
May 14th - Darlington
May 21st - North Wilkesboro All-star Race
May 28th - Coca Cola 600
June 4th - World Wide Technology Raceway
June 11th - Sonoma
June 25th - Nashville Superspeedway
July 2nd - Chicago Street Race
July 9th - Atlanta
July 16th - New Hampshire
July 23rd - Pocono
July 30th - Richmond
August 6th - Michigan
August 13th - Indianapolis Road Course
August 20th - Watkins Glen
August 26th - Daytona
September 3rd - Darlington
September 10th - Kansas
September 16th - Bristol
September 24th - Texas
October 1st - Talladega
October 8th - Charlotte Roval
October 15th - Las Vegas
October 22 - Homestead-Miami
October 29th - Martinsville
November 5th - Phoenix

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

2023 Xfinity series schedule
February 18th - Daytona
February 25th - Auto club
March 4th - Las Vegas
March 11th - Phoenix
March 18th - Atlanta
March 25th - COTA
April 1st - Richmond
April 15th - Martinsville
April 22nd - Talladega
April 29th - Dover
May 13th - Darlington
May 27th - Charlotte
June 3rd - Portland
June 10th - Sonoma
June 24th - Nashville Superspeedway
July 1st - Chicago Street Course
July 8th - Atlanta
July 15th - New Hampshire
July 22nd - Pocono
July 29th - Road America
August 5th - Michigan
August 12th - Indianapolis Road Course
August 19th - Watkins Glen
August 25th - Daytona
September 2nd - Darlington
September 9th - Kansas
September 15th - Bristol
September 23rd - Texas
October 7th - Charlotte Roval
October 14th - Las Vegas
October 21st - Homestead-Miami
October 28th - Martinsville
November 4th - Phoenix

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom