News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

CaptinEO

Yes.

Setting aside the much smaller portions for higher prices, this has been the first year ever where I have repeatedly taken a bite of food and promptly returned to the cash register with it for a refund before throwing the food in the trash.

I keep losing favorite things to eat and it's less often that anything else actually good replaces it. I'm starting to have to bring food with me because things I used to eat regularly are gone or lowered in quality to the point where I won't eat them.

An example: my fave sundae in the park was the chocolate chunk cookie sundae at the Golden Horseshoe. Would have it regularly. Went in a few weeks ago and sat down to dig my spoon into what I expected would be the warm fresh soft gooey deep dish cookie base and it bent my plastic spoon almost to the breaking point. I looked closer and the cookie was now half the size/thickness and hard as a rock (I literally tapped the spoon on it and it sounded like a woodpecker against a tree - forget cutting into it to eat it). When I went back to ask what was going on, the CMs apologetically explained they recently changed the cookie to... this thing. So I asked them as they processed my refund to let their managers know the cookie was like a hockey puck and completely inedible. I was polite but super disappointed and from the sad looks on their faces they knew they were serving garbage and couldn't do anything about it.

Part of it is supply chain issues, I understand. They're switching up food choices left and right because of it as I've been told directly by the apologetic CMs across the resort. But this was straight up cost savings as this half-sized cookie was presented as a replacement, not a temporary fix, and ruined my favorite dessert.

And don't get me started on changing the waffle fries at Smokejumpers to horribly over-salted crinkle cut fries and then raising the price. Or how the beignets have literally been a completely hollow pastry skin (and smaller) my last couple of orders before I gave up on those, too.

The food situation is getting worse with every visit. :( And that's just quick service because they still haven't returned the selections I liked to the table service locations!
That's so disappointing. It's like they are letting the whole place fall apart. Little things like this DO matter. Food can be a part of the experience, it definitely is for us.

waltography

What is it? Haven’t eaten there in a couple years
They've got the Tip Yip (fried chicken) with mac and cheese and then an Impossible bao bun. I don't remember liking the tip yip the last time I ate at Docking Bay 7 (which truthfully was in 2019 during land previews) but maybe it's changed since then. The Impossible bao sounds good though.

waltography

Yes.

Setting aside the much smaller portions for higher prices, this has been the first year ever where I have repeatedly taken a bite of food and promptly returned to the cash register with it for a refund before throwing the food in the trash.

I keep losing favorite things to eat and it's less often that anything else actually good replaces it. I'm starting to have to bring food with me because things I used to eat regularly are gone or lowered in quality to the point where I won't eat them.

An example: my fave sundae in the park was the chocolate chunk cookie sundae at the Golden Horseshoe. Would have it regularly. Went in a few weeks ago and sat down to dig my spoon into what I expected would be the warm fresh soft gooey deep dish cookie base and it bent my plastic spoon almost to the breaking point. I looked closer and the cookie was now half the size/thickness and hard as a rock (I literally tapped the spoon on it and it sounded like a woodpecker against a tree - forget cutting into it to eat it). When I went back to ask what was going on, the CMs apologetically explained they recently changed the cookie to... this thing. So I asked them as they processed my refund to let their managers know the cookie was like a hockey puck and completely inedible. I was polite but super disappointed and from the sad looks on their faces they knew they were serving garbage and couldn't do anything about it.

Part of it is supply chain issues, I understand. They're switching up food choices left and right because of it as I've been told directly by the apologetic CMs across the resort. But this was straight up cost savings as this half-sized cookie was presented as a replacement, not a temporary fix, and ruined my favorite dessert.

And don't get me started on changing the waffle fries at Smokejumpers to horribly over-salted crinkle cut fries and then raising the price. Or how the beignets have literally been a completely hollow pastry skin (and smaller) my last couple of orders before I gave up on those, too.

The food situation is getting worse with every visit. :( And that's just quick service because they still haven't returned the selections I liked to the table service locations!
The line they crossed with me was last year during pandemic Disneyland where they had a different vendor for the chicken tenders at Stage Door Cafe. It looked sickly bad and straight up did not look like chicken; I even went to the cashier and asked her if she mistakenly gave me the fish and chips instead.

Thankfully they've switched to a halfway decent vendor, but those tenders still haunt me sometimes lol.

Parteecia

I did. The Andersons. I couldn’t stand them, especially Mrs. Anderson, with her dated, bouffant hair. Their final ride of choice was Pan. Apparently, Mr. Anderson proposed to the Mrs on Pan decades ago, and they made it a tradition to be the last riders on the ride for every visit, and they visited multiple times per week. They would verbally fight with guests over this.

They’re both nuts.
Please tell me that you were able to thwart them at least once.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
They've got the Tip Yip (fried chicken) with mac and cheese and then an Impossible bao bun. I don't remember liking the tip yip the last time I ate at Docking Bay 7 (which truthfully was in 2019 during land previews) but maybe it's changed since then. The Impossible bao sounds good though.
I had the tip yip on my last trip in May and it was gross.

Disney Analyst

I did. The Andersons. I couldn’t stand them, especially Mrs. Anderson, with her dated, bouffant hair. Their final ride of choice was Pan. Apparently, Mr. Anderson proposed to the Mrs on Pan decades ago, and they made it a tradition to be the last riders on the ride for every visit, and they visited multiple times per week. They would verbally fight with guests over this.

They’re both nuts.

This is something Disney should have squashed long before it got to a point where they felt entitled to such a thing. Gross.

Californian Elitist

Please tell me that you were able to thwart them at least once.
I did, just once! Less than a minute after they joined the queue, a younger couple came after and joined. The Andersons then offered the couple to cut them, but they politely declined. The offer turned into a demand and the young couple made it clear that they were fine with going on after them and actually wanted to go on last. I kindly told the Andersons that they couldn’t force the couple to go before them and since they got into the queue after them, they had every right to be the last ones to ride. Instead of being mature, the Andersons left the queue altogether. They would have rathered not ride at all than ride and not be the last ones. Absolutely ridiculous and immature. And they had to have been in their 60s when I was working there.

Last edited:

waltography

100%. Disney has a habit of catering to these kinds of people, though. There was another guest there who was super creepy and inappropriate towards female CMs. Disney didn’t do much about him.
I feel like I remember there being an old MC user who was like that with the princesses; really upsetting but not surprising to see them encourage that level of parasocial behavior.

Californian Elitist

I feel like I remember there being an old MC user who was like that with the princesses; really upsetting but not surprising to see them encourage that level of parasocial behavior.
Yes, that was Captain Hook. This person was different. He would always wait for female conductors/CMs for the Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Storybook, etc. and harass them. Apparently, Disney tried to revoke his pass, but his mother, who’s a lawyer got involved, and it became a mess. Not sure if that’s actually true. It was what I had heard from multiple people when I was working there.

Disney Analyst

Yes, that was Captain Hook. This person was different. He would always wait for female conductors/CMs for the Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Storybook, etc. and harass them. Apparently, Disney tried to revoke his pass, but his mother, who’s a lawyer got involved, and it became a mess. Not sure if that’s actually true. It was what I had heard from multiple people when I was working there.

I definitely think there was... something else going on with them cognitively. I never got the sense that they were dangerous as much as didn't understand boundaries / regular social norms? Hard to tell from what I gathered online (never saw them in person).

Probably someone that should have been accompanied in the parks by a guardian or care taker.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m back for this weekend and already saw an “unfavorable attendance mix” t-shirt. Made my day!!! Someone should buy a box and hand them out to everyone in the front row at D23 for the parks panel!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom