News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

JMcMahonEsq

So you don't even actually have to be a subscriber; you could just borrow a friend's password for the early entry perk.

Essentially anyone who has any desire to enter early that day will be entering early.
Are there really all that many people who have paid the money to go to Disney and have done enough research to figure out that the park is having a Disney+ early entry event on a certain date that are NOT already subscribers to Disney plus?

UNCgolf

Hard to believe but not everybody tries to break the rules.

What's your point?

That doesn't refute what I said. We know WDW is full of people who do break the rules as much as possible to get an advantage, and signing up for a free trial wouldn't even break a rule.

It's surprising Disney doesn't have a better system in place for this event.

Last edited:

Ripken10

What's your point?

That doesn't refute what I said. We know WDW is full of people who do break the rules as much as possible to get an advantage, and signing up for a free trial wouldn't even break a rule.

I think the idea is disney wants some of those people going on vacation that aren't Disney+ subscribers to sign up for a free month. Those free months often turn into paying customers.

AndyS2992

Are there any restrictions on this?

If you're going to be at the parks on September 8 and you're interested in early entry, is there anything stopping you from subscribing for the month just to get the perk?
No. But I don't know why anyone would subscribe just for the perk. 30 minutes is nothing. By the time you've walked from the hub, headed to Seven dwarfs, gone through the queue and ridden it's practically park opening. Not really worth anyone's time.

doctornick

What's your point?

FWIW, I don't think Disney+ has a free trial available anymore.

IIRC they stopped it right before Hamilton was added since they were concerned about being subbing and dropping just for that.

UNCgolf

No. But I don't know why anyone would subscribe just for the perk. 30 minutes is nothing. By the time you've walked from the hub, headed to Seven dwarfs, gone through the queue and ridden it's practically park opening. Not really worth anyone's time.

I agree -- I don't think the 30 minutes early is a worthwhile perk for resort guests either.

But I'm still surprised Disney doesn't have some kind of system in place beyond "show me that you're logged in on your phone."

Wendy Pleakley

Well, if the wait time for that attraction is 1 or 2 hours during the day, doing it before park opening means extra time in the park to do other things, so I wouldn't dismiss it as a waste of time.

J4546

yeah if you can get in 30 mins early you might be able to get 2 rides done before the general pop fills the park. But even getting 1 headliner done early saves you a couple hours of waiting in line.

Thepuma

The early entry for Disney+ guests is pointless really. D+ get 30 minutes early...on that day resort guests get in 60 minutes early (I got the message on my MDE a few days ago while in resort)...so you're STILL 30 minutes behind all the resort guests and therefore it's a pointless perk. You'll still be waiting 60minutes plus for FOP even when you get use this so called benefit.

ToTBellHop

The early entry for Disney+ guests is pointless really. D+ get 30 minutes early...on that day resort guests get in 60 minutes early (I got the message on my MDE a few days ago while in resort)...so you're STILL 30 minutes behind all the resort guests and therefore it's a pointless perk. You'll still be waiting 60minutes plus for FOP even when you get use this so called benefit.
But you still aren’t the lowest tier.

Resort guests>She-Hulk fans>the poors who can’t stay on-site or afford Disney+

ToTBellHop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom