Sofa Sleeper Pullout Questions

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
To those of you who have used a sofa sleeper pullout in the Beach Club Villas (or anywhere else for that matter), I have 2 questions:

1) Did you find them comfortable enough?
2) How much of a pain was it to make them up and then take them apart each day? And I assume the extra sheets, pillows etc are somewhere in the room already?

I realize this is a follow up to questions I was asking in another thread, but I really appreciate any insight!

correcaminos

They are totally hit or miss and anything in between. If we used an egg crate topper, we left it open. Otherwise easy to deal with. And yes, there are extra pillows and blankets in the closet. Sheets are usually on it upon arrival. Be aware the blankets are thin so we tend to ask for more automatically upon check in

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
They are totally hit or miss and anything in between. If we used an egg crate topper, we left it open. Otherwise easy to deal with. And yes, there are extra pillows and blankets in the closet. Sheets are usually on it upon arrival. Be aware the blankets are thin so we tend to ask for more automatically upon check in
Really appreciate that info, thank you!

Weather_Lady

We found the sofa bed to be adequately comfortable (albeit firm, but that's what we prefer) when we stayed in a BC studio - level and sturdy, similar to the nice American Leather foldout we have for guests at home. Our big problem was that once you pulled it out, there was nowhere to put the cushions or the coffee table except to block the sliding doors with them (or wedge the cushions in the small space between the bed and the wall), making the room feel really cramped.

We also used the twin-sized Murphy that folds out from under the TV (to which the collapsible table is attached), which meant when everything was unfolded we had no usable table and nowhere to put the chairs, except for in front of the only tiny drawers in the room. What a congested mess it was! If you're just using the sofa and not the Murphy bed, you'll be in much better shape.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
We found the sofa bed to be adequately comfortable (albeit firm, but that's what we prefer) when we stayed in a BC studio - level and sturdy, similar to the nice American Leather foldout we have for guests at home. Our big problem was that once you pulled it out, there was nowhere to put the cushions or the coffee table except to block the sliding doors with them, making the room really cramped.

We also used the Murphy, which meant when everything was unfolded we had no usable table and nowhere to put the chairs, except for in front of the only tiny drawers in the room. What a congested mess it was! If you're not using the Murphy, you'll be in much better shape.
Thank you for that info!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Another vote for everything that's been said already. The comfort varies widely and the biggest issue is the complete loss of floor space when they're open. We'll put my two daughters (7 and 4) on the pull-out and they won't notice that they're any less comfortable than a normal bed, but if I were traveling with two couples, I would not put adults in a pull-out for more than a night or two. The new Murphy beds that they're installing are excellent.

Interestingly, sometimes you'll get a pull-out chair that's more comfortable than a pull-out sofa. When my wife threw me out of the King for snoring in Aulani, I slept on the pull-out chair instead of the pull-out sofa because the mattress was much better.

correcaminos

Another vote for everything that's been said already. The comfort varies widely and the biggest issue is the complete loss of floor space when they're open. We'll put my two daughters (7 and 4) on the pull-out and they won't notice that they're any less comfortable than a normal bed, but if I were traveling with two couples, I would not put adults in a pull-out for more than a night or two. The new Murphy beds that they're installing are excellent.

Interestingly, sometimes you'll get a pull-out chair that's more comfortable than a pull-out sofa. When my wife threw me out of the King for snoring in Aulani, I slept on the pull-out chair instead of the pull-out sofa because the mattress was much better.
They are better than sofas. BLT, OKW and I think AKL Kidani all have them. I do think the little murphy beds are better than the chairs, but chairs are way better than sofas.

nickys

Premium Member
Another option if you’re looking at BCV which doesn’t have the twin Murphy bed is for your son to sleep on the sofa, rather than pulling it out into a bed.

Clearly its unlikely to work for someone of 6ft+ but it might be a possibility for some people.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Another option if you’re looking at BCV which doesn’t have the twin Murphy bed is for your son to sleep on the sofa, rather than pulling it out into a bed.

Clearly its unlikely to work for someone of 6ft+ but it might be a possibility for some people.
That’s a really good thought, thank you!

correcaminos

My dad did it at OKW one year even. His choice and he's just under 6' or was at the time ;) He liked it a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom