Merchant of Venus construction

Cmdr_Crimson

Electricity isn’t free. Bob & Josh have a plan for that - The Disney Power+ plan. For only $9.99/15 minutes, you can plug in and charge your device. $18.99/30 minutes, and $35.99/hour.
d7a77574-4173-4169-a598-778266b2de64_text.gif

DznyRktekt

How much worse can Tomorrowland get?
Let's include a poster to remind guests of Timekeeper.. Maybe it will spark a question from a child to a parent who is checked out on social media staring at a phone in the "D-zone" about the cool stuff that isn't there anymore. Magical.

AndyS2992

Or rather it's a seating area for Auntie Gravity's ice cream shop it seems.

And whilst on topic, I've never heard in all my years anyone reference the fact the store's name is a play (lol) on the Shakespeare play, 'Merchant of Venice'.. I don't know if it's because it's totally obvious or people really don't know.. or care 😆

AndyS2992

Well that's good. :bookworm: I doubt many young people get the reference though lol Is Shakespeare even taught in schools these days?

lewisc

Well that's good. :bookworm: I doubt many young people get the reference though lol Is Shakespeare even taught in schools these days?
As per PP Shakespeare is still taught. I'll expand my point. It's obvious to most and, while cute, it doesnt rise to the where its worth a thread or discussion. No reason to explain Shakespeare to a person who doesn’t get the reference and no real reason to discuss it with people who get the reference

AndyS2992

As per PP Shakespeare is still taught. I'll expand my point. It's obvious to most and, while cute, it doesnt rise to the where its worth a thread or discussion. No reason to explain Shakespeare to a person who doesn’t get the reference and no real reason to discuss it with people who get the reference
I know, I just wanted to know if people were aware of the detail as it never gets mentioned. Other such references eg the Food Rocks line on the dad's new shirt in CoP, get mentioned often, even have whole YouTube videos dedicated to it 😆

James Alucobond

I know, I just wanted to know if people were aware of the detail as it never gets mentioned. Other such references eg the Food Rocks line on the dad's new shirt in CoP, get mentioned often, even have whole YouTube videos dedicated to it 😆
Because those things are self-referential and tie back to the history of the park. Pointing out Merchant of Venus / Merchant of Venice is akin to saying, "Auntie Gravity, anti-gravity? Get it? GET IT?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom