Wet Rears

ceecee101

We haven’t been in over 10 years but we used to go all the time. I remember we used to take a grocery store bag to sit on for Splash because often when you get in the seat is already wet. It also happens to be DH’s favorite ride. Anyway been reading trip reports and seeing people post about wet rears on other rides, even POC. We’re going in November, not the best month for being OK with wet rears. What do you all do? Love to hear tips. We will have cheap ponchos with us, should we just don these? Thx

Weather_Lady

We wear clothes that dry quickly and aren't see-through when wet (e.g. golf, hiking, or running shorts, athleisure-fabric tops), and don't give it a thought.

If it's a concern, I would say go ahead and wear disposable ponchos: just check them ahead of time to see if they'll be long enough to cover your rear end completely when sitting down. I find that some of the cheap ones tend to run a bit short.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
We take along the DuPont sisters: Polly and Esther.

If it's a concern, I would say go ahead and wear disposable ponchos: just check them ahead of time to see if they'll be long enough to cover your rear end completely when sitting down. I find that some of the cheap ones tend to run a bit short.
Sorry, but when I read that the first time I coulda sworn you said "disposable diapers"... which, when you think about it, is not such a bad idea -- but whether or not it's right for a particular traveler will Depend on a lot of factors.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Splash i wear a cheap poncho.
Pirates rarely gets you or you butt wet.
Frozen Ever After (was Maelstrom) has gotten me absolutely soaked on both versions.
For that I'd recommend asking if you could sit in the back if possible.

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

We take along the DuPont sisters: Polly and Esther.

Sorry, but when I read that the first time I coulda sworn you said "disposable diapers"... which, when you think about it, is not such a bad idea -- but whether or not it's right for a particular traveler will Depend on a lot of factors.
Disposable diapers…it won’t necessarily prevent “wet seats” on the water rides, but it may prevent fights in lines having to leave their spot in the queue to answers nature’s call…

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

Seriously, if you’re that concerned, 1) take 2 garbage bags to sit on and 2) put your wallet in a ziploc bag.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tom 55

I don't understand your concerns. You are getting into a ride that you are going to get wet. Why when you sit down at the beginning be any different from when you get wet during the drop. You come off the ride wet. My experience is that the seat is usually the only place close to dry because the person sitting there before you their rear covered that spot.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I don't understand your concerns. You are getting into a ride that you are going to get wet. Why when you sit down at the beginning be any different from when you get wet during the drop. You come off the ride wet. My experience is that the seat is usually the only place close to dry because the person sitting there before you their rear covered that spot.
Personally I don't want to be wet at all. These attractions are not just your local log ride meaning getting wet is not their sole purpose. They also have a storyline, songs, characters etc.
So I wear a poncho so that I can experience them without getting soggy.

Upvote 0

JohnD

We haven’t been in over 10 years but we used to go all the time. I remember we used to take a grocery store bag to sit on for Splash because often when you get in the seat is already wet. It also happens to be DH’s favorite ride. Anyway been reading trip reports and seeing people post about wet rears on other rides, even POC. We’re going in November, not the best month for being OK with wet rears. What do you all do? Love to hear tips. We will have cheap ponchos with us, should we just don these? Thx
Sure. Wear a poncho. It's more needed for Kali than for Splash but it couldn't hurt.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We carry a dish drying towel in our backpack and use it if needed to wipe the seat. The towel is mainly use to keep the condensation from our water bottles getting anything else wet in the pack.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom