ILL Time Selection

strictfoo

Original Poster
Heading to WDW in a couple months and trying to plan out our days a little in advance. My mother is coming with, and she's in her early 70s and still in rather good health, but it helps if I can just optimize our day a little bit.

We'll be staying on site. When Individual Lightning Lanes become available at 7am, am I able to select a time for the ride? Or do I just get the earliest time available? Was just thinking I might be able to schedule the rides near to other stuff we might have scheduled (Rise of the Resistance before our Savi's reservation, for instance).

If not, that's fine. We usually end up crisscrossing the entire park several times anyways :)

nickys

Premium Member
Heading to WDW in a couple months and trying to plan out our days a little in advance. My mother is coming with, and she's in her early 70s and still in rather good health, but it helps if I can just optimize our day a little bit.

We'll be staying on site. When Individual Lightning Lanes become available at 7am, am I able to select a time for the ride? Or do I just get the earliest time available? Was just thinking I might be able to schedule the rides near to other stuff we might have scheduled (Rise of the Resistance before our Savi's reservation, for instance).

If not, that's fine. We usually end up crisscrossing the entire park several times anyways :)
For ILLs you should be able to select a time slot. Sometimes there are reports that the times change a little bit from what you thought you were booking.

@flynnibus , it’s the regular Genie+ rides that don’t offer you a time.

Rob562

For ILLs you should be able to select a time slot. Sometimes there are reports that the times change a little bit from what you thought you were booking.

This.
If I recall correctly, the first screen you choose an hour window for the start time, then the second screen you choose an actual return time. But if it's a popular attraction that's booking quickly (like Rise), when you get to the next page to confirm, that timeslot may be gone and the system will give you the next closest available time. Might be close, might be a few hours later.

In April I was trying for something in the 11:00 hour before my friend's noontime Savi reservation, ended up with 12:45 or so by the time I got through to the confirmation screen.

-Rob

Stevie Amsterdam

I am wondering if G+ takes in account reservations for restaurants. Does anybody have any insights on that? I booked several ADR’s so it would be super inconvenient if I get a LL during those times, especially the bigger rides such as Rise, Guardians or FoP.

nickys

Premium Member
I am wondering if G+ takes in account reservations for restaurants. Does anybody have any insights on that? I booked several ADR’s so it would be super inconvenient if I get a LL during those times, especially the bigger rides such as Rise, Guardians or FoP.
No it won’t account for other reservations. But it isn’t a problem.

If you end up with a clash you have two options. Either go to Guest Services (or a CM with an iPad who may be around) and ask if they can change the time of the ILL for you. Or go to the ADR and then to the ILL ride. Chances are the CM will let you in as long as your ILL time is past, but be ready to explain you had an ADR and have your receipt to show them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom