So is Legoland worth the price?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Have never been. Actually, I never even went to Cypress Gardens that it replaced (not sure why that closed).

But this board is the place to ask. It is one of the things I have never done in the Orlando/Tampa area. It is cheaper than Disney, although I saw the prices starting at $84.99 and realized it wasn't cheap either.

Is it better with kids?

ppete1975

If you like nature cypress gardens is awesome. If you like rides you might be disappointed. Most rides are aimed at a younger age group. You might check out some YouTube videos. Also legoland coupons are easy to get. Some of the 5 dollar lego bags have coupons on them
Just checked. The coupon is for free kid with adult so might not help you

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
If you like nature cypress gardens is awesome. If you like rides you might be disappointed. Most rides are aimed at a younger age group. You might check out some YouTube videos. Also legoland coupons are easy to get. Some of the 5 dollar lego bags have coupons on them
Just checked. The coupon is for free kid with adult so might not help you

So basically you figure Legoland is directed at a younger demographic? In other words, while we know Disney is directed at kids as well, it is also directed at a 70 year old and both can enjoy the park. You don't feel Legoland has that same appeal?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Have never been. Actually, I never even went to Cypress Gardens that it replaced (not sure why that closed).

Disney enticed a lot of customers to go elsewhere. The founders retired (Richard and Julie Pope) and turned the business over to their son. The son sold in 1985 - Cypress Gardens is purchased along with Sea World, Circus World (later rebuilt as Boardwalk & Baseball) and the Stars Hall of Fame by Harcourt Brace Jovanovich (a book publisher), and that began a chain of sells, resells, revampings, and bankruptcies that ended with the park’s closing in 2009. British-based Merlin Entertainments, the world’s second-biggest theme-park operator, bought the land in 2010 and converted it into Legoland, which I found to be clean, well maintained, and especially attractive to the under-12 age group, and a whole lot less crowded than the Disney parks. To Merlin’s credit, they invested in returning the Gardens to excellent condition and keeping them beautifully maintained.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So basically you figure Legoland is directed at a younger demographic? In other words, while we know Disney is directed at kids as well, it is also directed at a 70 year old and both can enjoy the park. You don't feel Legoland has that same appeal?

No - Legoland rides are basically aimed at 8yr olds and not much else. Legoland for adults is 'thats cute..' and for looking at built sculptures. It's not 'family' like Disney is.. Legoland, like Seseme Street... are aimed at very young kids.

Club Cooloholic

No - Legoland rides are basically aimed at 8yr olds and not much else. Legoland for adults is 'thats cute..' and for looking at built sculptures. It's not 'family' like Disney is.. Legoland, like Seseme Street... are aimed at very young kids.
I would agree it's aimed at 12 and under more, I do think there is a something for adults. I'm not sure how the Florida one is, but the one in California had some more fun rides for adults and kids. If the OP is a fan of LEGOS it's for sure worth checking out, if he has kids also. By himself, eh maybe not.

Last edited:

bryanfze55

Legoland is an operational nightmare. Low capacity rides. It’s very frustrating compared to Disney or even Uni. A short line will take forever…

That being said, it’s relatively clean. It probably doesn’t attract much of the demographic who throw their trash everywhere. It’s family friendly with some entertainment, character meets, etc. I would only go with kids and even then, it’s probably one and done.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Disney enticed a lot of customers to go elsewhere. The founders retired (Richard and Julie Pope) and turned the business over to their son. The son sold in 1985 - Cypress Gardens is purchased along with Sea World, Circus World (later rebuilt as Boardwalk & Baseball) and the Stars Hall of Fame by Harcourt Brace Jovanovich (a book publisher), and that began a chain of sells, resells, revampings, and bankruptcies that ended with the park’s closing in 2009. British-based Merlin Entertainments, the world’s second-biggest theme-park operator, bought the land in 2010 and converted it into Legoland, which I found to be clean, well maintained, and especially attractive to the under-12 age group, and a whole lot less crowded than the Disney parks. To Merlin’s credit, they invested in returning the Gardens to excellent condition and keeping them beautifully maintained.

So they still have a small section dedicated to Cypress Gardens in the park am I correct? Nothing more than just a floral display or something, no?

ppete1975

Not basing it on the park, basing it on the rides. Most of them are aimed at younger kids. So if you like rides you might not enjoy as much. It would be like if goofys barnstormer was one of the scariest rides at disney.

ppete1975

Legoland retained the Botanical Garden and has been working for years to restore and maintain what is left.
Including the florida pool! Which was made for esther williams for the movie easy to love.
https://waterskierslife.com/easy-to...ough-time-with-dick-pope-and-esther-williams/

1657552743711.png

TomboyJanet

We have our own Legoland in NY and I'm a young adult girl who enjoys it. If you like legos it's fun. The miniatures are cool. I know the Fla version has more rides and I kinda hope they bring some of that up here

CJR

For us, it's worth the price, but not the drive. I'd almost rather drive to Tampa and go to Busch Gardens.

The park is fun and offers a lot for your money, but the hassle of getting there, especially if you have to drive through Champions Gate area on I-4, makes it very unappealing to us. For Tampa, we make a weekend out of it and stay the night, usually in Safety Harbor.

Wilbret

But this board is the place to ask. It is one of the things I have never done in the Orlando/Tampa area. It is cheaper than Disney, although I saw the prices starting at $84.99 and realized it wasn't cheap either.

Is it better with kids?
We were Lego pass holders for years, our kids loved it. It was fun, and a nice option to have. They constantly have buy one get one offers for tickets, but they also have had had great black friday type sales. I'd say once your kids turn 10-12 or so, they may start to lose interest, but maybe not. Ours are going to be 11,13, and 15, and I guarantee you they'd say yes if we asked to go. The rides are ok, crowds are usually ok, mini-city is amazing, shows are fun, and the seasonal events really are a lot of fun if you have littles.

Walking around the gardens is pretty nice too, the banyan tree is almost worth the cost alone (to us).

During COVID, we spent a ton of time in Florida, and season passes to Legoland and SeaWorld were so affordable, it made getaways a lot of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom