Housekeeping

Geek4WDW

Would have thought that daily service would be something to choose to opt out of rather than need to request.

is this something that I’ll need to do at check in or just through virtual check in through the app?
I used the app to check in and I had to select which options I wanted.

Notes from Neverland

Housekeeping visited us once in 6 nights during our stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge 3 weeks ago. Clearly they're still figuring things out as things are far from consistent.

castlecake2.0

No, it was always Breakfast tea. I don't recall there being Green tea and certainly not Earl Grey before.

That was the cheapest I could find, it was the value brands at WalMart and Target, I saw one kettle at $120! For that price i would expect it to actually make the tea and serve it to me. My kettle at home is a £12 Tesco one and does everything I need it to do. You can pick them up for less, but, this was a good price. The price of groceries is more in the US, a quality loaf of bread here is £1.10 ($1.30?) and milk is a shocker!
For rooms with tea bags it’s been earl and green for years, rooms with keurig get English Breakfast pods

IanDLBZF

There was an option on the app for daily service. I knew we didn't need that option. All we did was sleep in room and shower.
The MDE app and website are very inaccurate as far as I can tell. They’re giving inaccurate information saying that the ‘light’ service would be provided every other day regardless of category, Now I know that’s inaccurate as of now

Ghostdog

Speaking of pop and seeing activity here; is shampoo/conditioner/soap provided? Is it the small bottles or larger self serve dispenser bottles inside the shower?

I’m going in September and don’t want to pack these items if they’re provided.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Speaking of pop and seeing activity here; is shampoo/conditioner/soap provided? Is it the small bottles or larger self serve dispenser bottles inside the shower?

The shower/wall mounted dispensaries are property wide I do believe…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The MDE app and website are very inaccurate as far as I can tell. They’re giving inaccurate information saying that the ‘light’ service would be provided every other day regardless of category, Now I know that’s inaccurate as of now
Since I was there with both DVC and non-DVC rooms last week…

It’s still alternating “light” service. Trash and towels. Don’t expect that ever to change.

Seemed to me the only made beds on property are on check out days? I guess there could be some small exceptions perhaps in the REALLY overpriced rooms?

Hcalvert

Housekeeping visited us once in 6 nights during our stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge 3 weeks ago. Clearly they're still figuring things out as things are far from consistent.

We had a 15-night stay last month and they came once on day 3. We opted for every 4 days. What was really annoying is that they outsourced the housekeeping contact to offsite. In the past, you would call and the front desk or housekeeping at the resort and they would answer. Now, you call, stay on hold, and get someone centralized and they contact whomever at the resort. It took hours to get toilet paper.

IanDLBZF

Since I was there with both DVC and non-DVC rooms last week…

It’s still alternating “light” service. Trash and towels. Don’t expect that ever to change.

Seemed to me the only made beds on property are on check out days? I guess there could be some small exceptions perhaps in the REALLY overpriced rooms?
Just to clarify….
Currently:
Grand Floridian: full service every day
All other Deluxe: full service every other day
All other resorts: trash and towel service every other day

They’re actively hiring, sometimes rooms might get more service than above depending on availability.

Room checks will happen on days that no housekeeping service happens. You can call housekeeping from the in room phone to arrange a preferred time for the room check or to request any amenities to be brought to the room.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just to clarify….
That’s good to know…makes sense. Purely a “price” arrangement

DVC service (I was in one for 7 nights) continues to be pathetic.
Of course it was prior to 2020 as well

It is funny…the “grand Floridian” has traditionally been more poorly run than most if not all the other expensive places. Lipstick on that bacon.

nickys

Premium Member

It is provided, although I don’t know which. My guess is the big wall mounted bottles since POP has been refurbished.

nickys

Premium Member
The shower/wall mounted dispensaries are property wide I do believe…
Not in every property.

The recent room tours of the new GFV resort studios had the individual bottles, and I’ve seen a very recent post that Bay Lake still have individual bottles. But some DVC rooms have been switched over.

I think where rooms have been refurbished “recently” - since whenever it was that they started the roll-out - the new bottles have been installed (mostly). But not everywhere has had a recent refresh yet. And it may be that some still have individual bottles for other reasons.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not in every property.

The recent room tours of the new GFV resort studios had the individual bottles, and I’ve seen a very recent post that Bay Lake still have individual bottles. But some DVC rooms have been switched over.

I think where rooms have been refurbished “recently” - since whenever it was that they started the roll-out - the new bottles have been installed (mostly). But not everywhere has had a recent refresh yet. And it may be that some still have individual bottles for other reasons.
The ones they just built??

…makes sense I suppose. The one place I would have questioned that they would bother with the pretense of bottles Is there. Of course…it’s DVC…so you really don’t get serviced anyway.

nickys

Premium Member
The ones they just built??

…makes sense I suppose. The one place I would have questioned that they would bother with the pretense of bottles Is there. Of course…it’s DVC…so you really don’t get serviced anyway.
I saw someone say that the bathrooms at the resort studios haven’t really been changed. At least not the layout or fittings.

Some DVC rooms have the bottles, so it doesn’t seem to be anything to do with housekeeping as to where they have put them in. That’s why I think that they’ll do them as they get refurbished.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I saw someone say that the bathrooms at the resort studios haven’t really been changed. At least not the layout or fittings.

Some DVC rooms have the bottles, so it doesn’t seem to be anything to do with housekeeping as to where they have put them in. That’s why I think that they’ll do them as they get refurbished.
It’s definitely their refurb schedule.

The 5 or so places I’ve been in the last 2 years were i think 4 dispensers and 1 bottles?

Hcalvert

Not in every property.

BWV still have individual bottles, but they only gave us one of each for three people. I had to continually call to get more body wash, especially since we never really got our room service every four days as chosen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom