Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Y'all need to remember that this isn't a Potter Land with just one major ride, it's at least 8 major rides that all have to be built and debugged, and not until the buildings and a lot of other infrastructure is complete can that all be done. So, it's not one engineering team that's needed, but at least a dozen if they want to do everything at once. And besides a supply chain issue, there's also a labor shortage. Do you think there are a dozen fully staffed engineering teams waiting in the wings? It seems to me that engineering will be spread thin and a lot of stuff will sit there waiting for an engineering team to finish one project before moving on to the next.

ToTBellHop

I’m sure they wouldn’t be saying “summer 2025” if they weren’t confident they can meet that date. Any earlier is a question of need. Do they need or want it before then? If they don’t, they will likely time this out to finish on schedule. I am under the impression that there will be 2023 and 2024 projects in the existing parks (especially USF). Why would they also want a new park in 2024?

tommyhawkins

I’m sure they wouldn’t be saying “summer 2025” if they weren’t confident they can meet that date. Any earlier is a question of need. Do they need or want it before then? If they don’t, they will likely time this out to finish on schedule. I am under the impression that there will be 2023 and 2024 projects in the existing parks (especially USF). Why would they also want a new park in 2024?
Whether the want is there or not from management, I'm saying it's very very unlikely to be opening in 2024

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom