Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizgirl

Fair enough, but again, that length of protection changed due to omicron. Boosters still provide a great deal of protection against hospitalization and death past two months and that's the more important metric.
I agree. But my comment was posted in the midst of a discussion about infection levels. I was commenting on honest current expectations about the potential for infection and how long to expect the vaccine to have significant protection.

correcaminos

Actually they come out on Friday
Yesterday was Friday ;)

They are every 2 weeks reporting. While it is Fridays they report, numbers are often not visible to public until late Fridays/early Sat. When I posted yesterday they weren't available yet. Much like my county releases every Thursday, I often cannot see until early Friday.

I saw them just before midnight last night. Average daily cases for orange went up 100 a day on average to around 1400. Osceola went to almost 400 a day from 365 or so?

correcaminos

So they’re holding steady and/or dropping in Orange Conand surrounding areas?
Both showed increases, but slowing down in how high they are increasing. Neither is steady yet. 2 weeks ago Orange was 1316 cases per day and now 1412. Case rate per 100k is 372.67. Osceola was 366 and now 397. Case rate per 100k 368.6. Reality is their cases per 100k are almost double what I have at home in a low risk area.

Heelz2315

I don’t think WDW wants to bring them back right before the 4th of July or at all for that mattter. But who knows what WDW will do

correcaminos

Hi! I will be going on a DCL after going to the parks for several days. Is there a testing site anywhere on property? I will need a neg covid test to board
I would opt for a proctored test since that's an option. Do it on your own time in the room. Most places that do in person don't schedule far out and you could risk not getting in and results in time.

TrainsOfDisney

If I were a betting gal I would say they never ever bring them back!!
I don’t think that’s the last pandemic the world will see. Who knows what the future holds.

I think there should be additional studies on masks, if they really do help as much as some believe they do, it would benefit society to educate us all on the benefits of wearing masks on public transit and in large public gatherings.

Lilofan

I don’t think that’s the last pandemic the world will see. Who knows what the future holds.

I think there should be additional studies on masks, if they really do help as much as some believe they do, it would benefit society to educate us all on the benefits of wearing masks on public transit and in large public gatherings.
A no brainer that wearing a mask in closed quarters would perhaps prevent someone from catching one's germs if they are sick. Is their a study that needs to happen to educate about common sense? If one travels and spends time in Japan, those folks seem to understand common sense.

maemae74

I have no real opinion on mask either way and have zero problem wearing one when asked. I just don't think they will make a return at Disney or any where else any time soon but I absolutely could be wrong. I wasn't trying to make an anti declaration on mask with my original comment.
A no brainer that wearing a mask in closed quarters would perhaps prevent someone from catching one's germs if they are sick. Is their a study that needs to happen to educate about common sense? If one travels and spends time in Japan, those folks seem to understand common sense.
I don't disagree but does that mean you have already started to do this? I ask because I hear lots of people suggest this but see little to no one really wearing mask anymore. I honestly wished we lived in a world where people could and did stay home if they were sick.

Lilofan

I have no real opinion on mask either way and have zero problem wearing one when asked. I just don't think they will make a return at Disney or any where else any time soon but I absolutely could be wrong. I wasn't trying to make an anti declaration on mask with my original comment.

I don't disagree but does that mean you have already started to do this? I ask because I hear lots of people suggest this but see little to no one really wearing mask anymore. I honestly wished we lived in a world where people could and did stay home if they were sick.
I do in close surroundings when I knew I caught the flu from someone at work on close quarters who was visibly sick.

correcaminos

I saw more at Disney in June than March. By a decent percentage. When I picked up a to go order yesterday all but 3 inside were not masked and we're still low here. Granted being exposed knowingly, I am still wearing a couple more days. But I doubt those eating out were in my boat. I think it will always fluctuate.

OrlandoRising

That’s a very geographical thing. There are many places where masks are still pretty common. I’m not saying it’s common to see everyone wearing one, but it’s common to see them.

I second that observation. In Illinois, there's generally a mix of masked and unmasked people in indoor spaces, even among store employees. Which itself is a significant change from earlier this year. When I went to Ohio recently, it was rare to see masks indoors.

correcaminos

I second that observation. In Illinois, there's generally a mix of masked and unmasked people in indoor spaces, even among store employees. Which itself is a significant change from earlier this year. When I went to Ohio recently, it was rare to see masks indoors.
I live in Ohio. The 3 major cities you will see a mix and always have when option. Columbus was a later one to remove masks in March. Cleveland area required a few weeks back. The more rural areas never followed mandates. We're a total mix bag here as a whole and highly regional.

DisneyCane

I think what could turn the mask tide is hospitalizations. If they get tight WDW could look at bringing them back. I’m not sure what’s going on in Orange co FL as far as that goes. Even if they get close to making them rethink the masks they may wait a week or two to see if levels drop. I don’t think they want to bring them back at all and will do everything possible not to do it

But then again with WDW who knows what the use to decide these mandates
Reduced illness severity correlates with Omicron becoming dominant and reaching a high percentage of the population either vaccinated, previously infected or both.
Bingo...

Looking at the CDC page hospitalizations are up in both counties but ICU increase is small percent. I think we should have new case numbers tomorrow?
Also, since they don't make an attempt to separate hospitalized due to COVID and hospitalized for something and testing positive, a decent amount of the increase in "COVID hospitalizations" is likely just because the daily case rate is higher. Therefore, it is more likely that somebody hospitalized for any random cause will test positive for SARS-CoV-2.
Yes there is a study needed because "common sense" is often at odds with the results of scientific study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom