What was planned.....

WHO:
IMG_1741.JPEG

WHEN:
Friday, April 1st - Monday, April 4th

WHERE:
SSR 1 BR Villa
IMG_4415.JPEG

Remember us wishing that our return flight was cancelled on the previous trip b/c of the snowstorm??

IMG_4548.PNG

IMG_4549.PNG

Thanks to the above some slight changes had to be made.....

WHEN:
Friday, April 1st - Wednesday, April 6th

WHERE:
April 1st - April 4th
SSR 1 BR Villa in Congress Park
IMG_4530.JPEG

IMG_4531.JPEG

April 4th - 5th
SSR 2 BR Villa in The Grandstand
IMG_4813.JPEG

IMG_4814.JPEG

April 5th - 6th
SSR 1 BR Villa in The Paddock
IMG_4912.JPEG

IMG_4911.JPEG

And let me start out by saying that as awesome as it was to have a few extra Disney days it definitely comes with a price!! Financially & mentally!!
There is a lot of stress involved when you first realize that you're pretty much stranded & trying to figure out what you're going to do about it!! Not to mention the switching of the rooms over & over!!

But, I don't want to get ahead of myself. All that drama will come in due time!!

Welcome everyone!! Thanks to all who will be joining in on this crazy adventure!!

riverside

Original Poster
Happy Yas GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show
Looking forward to the report!
Thank you!! Excited to finally have time to start it!!
YAY! You are back!! I didn't know you weren't feeling well but I'm so glad you're better! I hope the car situation gets worked out soon! :eek: :eek:
I'm much better now--thanks!! I think the car issue will be resolved soon!!
There are no excuses. Send a few pictures, include a cute child and then leave us hanging. Unless you tried
to fix your car yourself and hurt your hands doing it, get to it. You have a lot of people "sitting" here waiting
to see how much fun you had. 😂 😂 😂
You mean how much stress I had!!

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 1ST

We had a late morning flight. While E parked the car J & I headed through security. The TSA line was pretty lengthy.
IMG_4405.JPEG

J got questioned by the TSA agent who I was in relation to him. I guess us having different last names throws up a red flag!!
IMG_4406.JPEG

We wandered the stores while we waited for E. J wanted this stuffed animal. When we got to the register the lady told us it was on her!! J was so excited. He said he had never got anything free before!!
IMG_4407.JPEG

The weather didn't look like it was going to be great during our time there.
IMG_4408.PNG

At least it would be warmer than Pittsburgh was!!
IMG_4409.PNG

In no time at all we were picked up & headed to Disney!! We didn't have to go to baggage b/c we only had carryons. After all, we were only going to be there a few days, right??
IMG_4410.JPEG

IMG_4412.JPEG

Always excited to see the purple signs!!
IMG_4413.JPEG

We were home!!
IMG_4415.JPEG

IMG_4418.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 1ST

We dropped our luggage off at bell services & headed to the bus stop. Of course, as is tradition now, J had to recreate A getting her knee stuck in the fence!!
IMG_4420.JPEG

I was so happy to be staying at Saratoga again!!
IMG_4421.JPEG

A bus pulled up in no time at all.
IMG_4422.JPEG

No sooner did the bus pull out we got the room ready text. Great timing!!:rolleyes:
IMG_4423.PNG

IMG_4425.JPEG

Characters were out & about. J was all about getting his picture taken with them!!
IMG_4428.JPEG

IMG_4430.JPEG

SSE was a walk on so we went there first!!
IMG_4431.JPEG

IMG_4434.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 1ST

J wanted to go on Mission Space so him & I went there. He had never been in Club Cool so we made a stop in. He loved it!! He had fun trying all the different flavors!!
IMG_4438.JPEG

IMG_4439.JPEG

Then to Mission Space we went.
IMG_4440.JPEG

On the way back to meet E he asked if we could stop in again!!
IMG_4441.JPEG

It was getting close to our dinner reservation time.
IMG_4442.JPEG

IMG_4443.JPEG

J & I had never ate there. E had but it had been about 10 years.
IMG_4444.JPEG

IMG_4445.JPEG

IMG_4446.JPEG

The best part was that we were seated right next to the tank!!
IMG_4448.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 1ST

Sitting right next to the tank is very entertaining!!
IMG_4453.JPEG

E & I both got the red wine flight.
IMG_4454.JPEG

IMG_4455.JPEG

Our waitress offered to take our picture. I kid you not, she took like 12 photos & none were all that great so I'll just share 1 of them!!
IMG_4458.JPEG

I got the salmon for dinner.
IMG_4466.JPEG

J had salmon also.
IMG_4467.JPEG

E had the mahi mahi. We all enjoyed the food there & our great location definitely added something to the meal!!
IMG_4468.JPEG

After our early dinner we took a ride on Soarin'.
IMG_4469.JPEG

First stop in WS!! Surprise, surprise!!
IMG_4470.JPEG

We recreated the traditional photo with just us two.
IMG_4472.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 1ST

We sat outside in the UK to enjoy our drinks.
IMG_1698.JPEG

I never noticed this tree before & thought it was pretty cool!!
IMG_4477.JPEG

Clowning around!!
IMG_4478.JPEG

I must say, this didn't bother me as much as it did the first time I went on it!! Maybe b/c I knew what to expect??
IMG_4480.JPEG

IMG_1711.JPEG

The Spinners were playing that day. We watched them for a little bit. They were very good!!
IMG_4484.JPEG

IMG_4486.JPEG

Her eyes look so mean!!
IMG_4488.JPEG

lindawdw

YAY, I am so excited that you started this TR!!! It sounds like everything was smooth sailing so far!!! Love your tradition of going to Rose N Crown for the beer and picture first thing in WS! J is growing up too quickly!

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 1ST

E wanted to stop in Tutto Italia. We thought the tables in the wine cellar were first come, first serve but that was not the case. You're not allowed to stand at the bar. You can order a drink & go so that is what we did.
IMG_4489.JPEG

IMG_4490.JPEG

IMG_4491.JPEG

IMG_4492.JPEG

E wanted to go through a few stores so J & I sat for a bit.
IMG_4493.JPEG

Kids....
I guess she wanted to make friends with him??
IMG_4495.JPEG

We decided to get the Bomboloni's.
IMG_4497.JPEG

IMG_4498.JPEG

They were very good!!
IMG_4499.JPEG

IMG_4501.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 1ST

We decided to start making our way to the front of the park.
IMG_4502.JPEG

J wanted to take a ride on TT!!
IMG_4503.JPEG

IMG_4505.JPEG

IMG_4513.JPG

Can you believe this?? E wanted popcorn!! Her exact words to me were, "I can't believe I'm saying this but I want to get popcorn!!"
IMG_4506.JPEG

No bucket though!! 🤣
IMG_4510.JPEG

IMG_4511.JPEG

Some things don't change....
IMG_4512.JPEG

We got to watch fireworks while we waited for the bus!!
IMG_4516.JPEG

IMG_4517.JPEG

lindawdw

I hope they have now opened the bar area to sit at The Wine Cellar. We used to just walk in and sit on the couches to the side if they were available so I'm wondering if you need a reservation for that now? It sounds like you all had such a fun first day at Epcot!

riverside

Original Poster
YAY, I am so excited that you started this TR!!! It sounds like everything was smooth sailing so far!!! Love your tradition of going to Rose N Crown for the beer and picture first thing in WS! J is growing up too quickly!
Our first day there did go pretty smooth!! Yes--I love that tradition too!! Isn't he though!!
I hope they have now opened the bar area to sit at The Wine Cellar. We used to just walk in a sit on the couches to the side if they were available so I'm wondering if you need a reservation for that now? It sounds like you all had such a fun first day at Epcot!
We have a reservation there next moth. I'll have to see what it going on then!! It was a great day!!

slipperalwaysfits

We wandered the stores while we waited for E. J wanted this stuffed animal. When we got to the register the lady told us it was on her!! J was so excited. He said he had never got anything free before!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww that was so nice of the woman!
. Of course, as is tradition now, J had to recreate A getting her knee stuck in the fence!!
You and E recreate at the Rose and Crown and J will now recreate at Saratoga's fences! :geek:
He had never been in Club Cool so we made a stop in. He loved it!! He had fun trying all the different flavors!!
Oh, I'm so glad he was able to enjoy something "new to him" at Epcot!
I never noticed this tree before & thought it was pretty cool!
I go in this door of Twinings EVERY TRIP and I've never stopped to notice it before, either. Maybe because I'm on a beeline for UK merch.
We decided to get the Bomboloni's.
Those look AMAZING!!
And it was pouring!! Bell Services gave us a ride to our room
Awwwwwwwwww how nice of them! Dude! I need to be in Congress Park next time! Actually, I don't care where I am, just hoping I don't have to move rooms. I was talking to a DVC rep last week and she said the Disney hotels prefer if we don't have to switch rooms, either when using seperate reservations.

riverside

Original Poster
My favorite location at SSR🥰
Now that I have successfully stayed in every section at SSR I would have to agree!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww that was so nice of the woman!
Yes, it was!!
You and E recreate at the Rose and Crown and J will now recreate at Saratoga's fences! :geek:
🤣 🤣 🤣
Awwwwwwwwww how nice of them! Dude! I need to be in Congress Park next time! Actually, I don't care where I am, just hoping I don't have to move rooms. I was talking to a DVC rep last week and she said the Disney hotels prefer if we don't have to switch rooms, either when using seperate reservations.
Moving rooms was no fun!!

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, APRIL 2ND

I was up early for a walk around this beautiful resort!!
IMG_4528.JPEG

Sent this one to R. He really loved that golf course!!
IMG_4529.JPEG

Our home.
IMG_4530.JPEG

MK was in store for us today!!
IMG_4532.JPEG

My favorite sight!!
IMG_4533.JPEG

Castle pic.
IMG_4534.JPEG

We paid Ariel & company a visit first.
IMG_4535.JPEG

IMG_4536.JPEG

Then J & I headed to Space Mountain. E sat that one out.
IMG_4538.JPEG

IMG_4555.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom