Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

matt9112

i would love to know actual attendance numbers if they are higher or lower than past w similar line waits

Don’t we technically know attendance is lower because the reservation system sells out so to speak? Disney has admitted capping attendance yes?

For me disney is still the far superior parks experience on a ride basis but honestly there biggest advantage is nostalgia. Look I haven’t had a disney pass in years and have now do universal exclusively. So what’s the rub?

Mostly….cost and appreciation. Disney could give two ***** if I ever visit again. And they are far more expensive. I have had to suck up missing sunset boulevard or space ship earth and have come to enjoy universal. There resorts are definitely far superior to disney (with the sole exception being the disney tv screen) I always loved that thing.

Every time disney rolls out a discount resident ticket I scoff and say “but you won’t sell me a pass?” You only want me when it’s convenient to you? No thanks disney.

Disney Glimpses

This is just my opinion, the folks in deluxe are paying big bucks to stay there and DVC owners buy in for decades. These folks deserve a perk like this.
Unfortunately, they couldn't care less about providing existing DVC owners perks. They will however offer perks to sell DVC direct (and there are a slew of points coming up). Also, with people beginning to tighten up on spending, they may have to do this to sell deluxe rooms as well. But they won't do it because we deserve it.

Disney Glimpses

And you should get all sorts of perks at the resort.
The parks and resorts have always been integrated in some way. I don't see why they "should" do anything. Do I think deluxe resorts "should" have priority access at to certain things? No, but I can see why they would do that as part of their go to market strategy. "Should" is irrelevant, it's a business.

Those who purchase rooms at moderate/value resorts are doing so under the premise that others who pay more will get different treatment.

bhg469

The parks and resorts have always been integrated in some way. I don't see why they "should" do anything. Do I think deluxe resorts "should" have priority access at to certain things? No, but I can see why they would do that as part of their go to market strategy. "Should" is irrelevant, it's a business.

Those who purchase rooms at moderate/value resorts are doing so under the premise that others who pay more will get different treatment.
When did it become different treatment as opposed to different accommodations?

Chi84

Premium Member
When did it become different treatment as opposed to different accommodations?
DVC is not about the room accommodations. People buy DVC to have a way to stay at Disney in cases where it benefits them to buy in and stay on "points" instead of paying cash. (This is a calculation based very much on specific circumstances, so I don't want to get into discussions of how DVC never makes sense.) The deluxe rooms aren't the draw - in fact, I personally prefer the moderate resorts to the deluxe ones. But there is no DVC for value or moderates - you have to stay deluxe. So adding resort perks would do absolutely nothing for me. I don't speak for everyone, though.

MickeyLuv'r

Well sure. I don’t blame you. But unfortunately every time they advantage someone with a nicer room they manage to disadvantage others paying the same (or more) for their park access.
I suppose they could offer G+ as an exclusive perk to just value hotel rooms. or just mod hotel rooms.

Do we all know for certain WDW doesn't already give extra G+ access to the most expensive rooms? Does every customer have equal access to bookings?

MickeyLuv'r

Maybe my memory isn't serving me right, but what other park perks have been given to deluxe resort guests in the past?
Many of the perks are subtle, but the perks are more than 'just a room.'

Like the deluxe rooms have much nicer towels, and the level of service is much higher. Top level rooms came with turn-down service. At roughly 5pm, someone would come to the room to empty trash, replenish wet towels, turn-down sheets, and place a special Disney themed chocolate on the pillow. Deluxe rooms get much more and better-quality toiletries or did.

In the days of Key-the the World cards, WDW peasants got blue cards, but the patricians got gold cards. Every time they used the card for a room charge or FP, CM's knew they were a gold level customer.

Top level rooms get the fridge stocked with the guests' choice of beverage: soft drinks or beer- as long as it is a brand WDW stocks. Guests just come back to find a replenished fridge. Plus, a full array of coffee pods/tea flavors.

Many of the extras are soft extras. During the pandemic, deluxe rooms are more likely to get daily housekeeping, or at least trash removal.

Some years back, regular folks had to use a park kiosk to get their 4th FP. So they had to wait in like a 20 minute line, and it was a little silly. Top level customers could text their FP requests, and a CM would book it for them.

[Celebrities get another level of extra service altogether. It would not be safe for - say- Dwayne Johnson- to stand in lines or dine at Crystal Palace like the rest of us. He would be completely mobbed.]

These are just a few examples off the top of my head. Disney has long made an art of giving top end customers unadvertised little extra freebies, they fluctuate over time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom