News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

doctornick

It does massively disenfranchise local Passholders making it nearly impossible. There are a growing number of thing a local can no longer experience and that list is getting longer.
For ILL sure. But I think the Boarding groups can favor local pass holders actually if they are flexible. A person could just keep having reservations at Epcot and just try for CR in the morning. If you don’t get it, you change the reservation to another day and try again. I mean it’s not ideal but at least one would know in the morning if they could ride and plan around it. That seems better than someone visiting from a distance who might only have limited days/chances to try

donsullivan

Premium Member
For ILL sure. But I think the Boarding groups can favor local pass holders actually if they are flexible. A person could just keep having reservations at Epcot and just try for CR in the morning. If you don’t get it, you change the reservation to another day and try again. I mean it’s not ideal but at least one would know in the morning if they could ride and plan around it. That seems better than someone visiting from a distance who might only have limited days/chances to try
I agree that Virtual Queue puts everyone on a level footing which is a good thing; but normal people with a regular job don’t have the option to go every day in hopes you might get a vq during your workday. Or, when you are with others like I was today, you are limited to VQ. I was totally prepared to pay for ILL, then I learned it was not available to me.

lewisc

I agree that Virtual Queue puts everyone on a level footing which is a good thing; but normal people with a regular job don’t have the option to go every day in hopes you might get a vq during your workday. Or, when you are with others like I was today, you are limited to VQ. I was totally prepared to pay for ILL, then I learned it was not available to me.
I think the point is a local can try for a VQ every morning at 7a, for most before the work day. You get the VQ either take a day off from work or go to EPCOT after work. You can use your bp hours late

donsullivan

Premium Member
I think the point is a local can try for a VQ every morning at 7a, for most before the work day. You get the VQ either take a day off from work or go to EPCOT after work. You can use your bp hours late
Again, if you have a Mon-Fri, profession and are visiting on the weekend with friends who work a similar schedule, that concept is a fantasy. I’m a little more responsible about my job so I’m not taking a random day off without notice to the team I work with to ride a roller coaster.

But if that works for you, have at it. Just understand that It does not represent MOST people

Last edited:

lewisc

Again, if you have a Mon-Fri, profession and are visiting on the weekend with friends who work a similar schedule, that concept is a fantasy. I’m a little more responsible about my job so I’m not taking a random day off without notice to the team I work with to ride a roller coaster.

But if that works for you, have at it. Just understand that It does not represent MOST people
I said the 7a opportunity to get a VQ is before a normal workday
You can use your BP up to park close 9p is after a normal work day. Im not suggesting you have to skip a day.of work

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah I was surprised too. I was expecting around maybe 15-20 secs, maybe even a minute since it's 1-2 hours worth of extra BG's, and opened to a limited group of guests.
Would be interesting to know the number of rider slots they are allocating across the 2 hours. If we are looking at something like 4000, that isn't going to go all that far across all of those deluxe rooms.

solidyne

Yeah I was surprised too. I was expecting around maybe 15-20 secs, maybe even a minute since it's 1-2 hours worth of extra BG's, and opened to a limited group of guests.
Actually, since there are fewer BGs being assigned, it should be faster than the other drop times, right?

I think this is what @tommyhawkins was getting at. As long as there are more people attempting at the time of the drop than there are slots to give away, the system will run as fast as possible, which should be the same from day to day.

Unless, that is, the system somehow operates more or less efficiently when depending on how many people are trying to get in.

It seems this timing really is just a measure of how fast the system is, and nothing more, until we get to a point when demand slows down enough such that the number of people attempting at 7:00:00 is fewer than the number of slots.

And this is why I am interested in watching this number. When does it start to go up?

TheMaxRebo

Thanks for confirming. I was wondering if this one would perhaps be open for a little longer with the limited potential guest group, but no lol.

Wondering if this one, being the first and probably extra people just testing it out, is a little faster than future ones well rb - but yeah, even given that still quite fast

Well, at least all of them seem pretty consistent in going really, really fast!

Patcheslee

Would be interesting to know the number of rider slots they are allocating across the 2 hours. If we are looking at something like 4000, that isn't going to go all that far across all of those deluxe rooms.
I wonder how much that will influence crowd size as EEH goes on. Will people stick around longer waiting on their BG to be called? And could it influence some people to not attend if they don't get a BG?

gerarar

Premium Member
And this is why I am interested in watching this number. When does it start to go up?
It took a couple weeks for Rat's numbers to get in the 10-20's of seconds. As for CR, I expect it to be even longer since the demand is greater for a ride like this.

Also, other variables like AP blockouts is another factor, as well guest demand. But since we're in the middle of the summer season, we're far from seeing that going down anytime soon.

Edit: For Rat, after 20 days of operating, we were seeing the 7am last just under a minute, and the 1pm lasting for about an hour. We'll see if we see a similar trend here, but doubt it.

Last edited:

nyrebel3

I’m 0-3 and my sons are 3-3. Seriously get everyone in your party to try.

039D7213-BBBB-49F5-9FC3-5DCAFDAEE1AE.png

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Actually, since there are fewer BGs being assigned, it should be faster than the other drop times, right?
2 hours of 100% VQ should be more people than the perhaps ~6 hours of 20% VQ (with 80% via LL) you get at the first 2 drops.

Call it 4000 vs only about 4800 through the VQ all day at 20% of 2000/hr, then divide that number in half for 2 drops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom