Expansion Coming?

Bocabear

They keep looking for alternative and cheaper ideas, but truly the best scenario goes back to expanding the monorail line...from the yet to be built rail station for Brightline, to Disney Springs, connecting to Epcot line with stops at Riviera, and Boardwalk . Than a second loop from Disney Springs with stops at the other resorts to link everything with efficient, always running transportation.

Goofy Ninja

They keep looking for alternative and cheaper ideas, but truly the best scenario goes back to expanding the monorail line...from the yet to be built rail station for Brightline, to Disney Springs, connecting to Epcot line with stops at Riviera, and Boardwalk . Than a second loop from Disney Springs with stops at the other resorts to link everything with efficient, always running transportation.

Unfortunately I don't think they'll ever expand the monorail line. Disney has become a bunch of cheapskates who only want to make money. They don't seem to care about guest experiences anymore.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Circa 1990-91. Interestingly it was the same period the Med Resort was being pursued again.

Anyway,

1650785189391.png
My inner Disney nerd just exploded.

I had no idea about this, thanks for sharing @marni1971 :)

MickeyMouse10

My DD & I drove her from NJ to college in Northern California in August…I heard SO much about it, I had to try it…Cali hype!! I’ll keep my NJ pizza and White Castle aka Rat Burgers…they can have their Mexican and In n Out lol

Yep, I concur. Californians overhype everything in California. Look at how some of them talk about Disneyland.

"It's the best because it's quaint and Walt himself walked around it."

Smiley/OCD

Now someone can open a Jersey style fast casual restaurant in DS…Italian hot dogs, sausage and, of course pizza…custard style ice cream ala Kohr’s, Maglione’s Italian Ices, Sabrett “dirty water” dogs with the pushcart and umbrella…and some zeppoles…the lines would be longer than at Gideon’s…
Aah, maybe if I hit powerball tomorrow night…lol

Smiley/OCD

Yep, I concur. Californians overhype everything in California. Look at how some of them talk about Disneyland.

"It's the best because it's quaint and Walt himself walked around it."
She just drove home Tuesday…gas near her school 6.89/gallon…oil change 95.00… gotta love it!

J4546

I got my oil changed for 40 bucks the other day and gas is like 5.85 where Im at. Luckily I drive a Prius at the moment so gas prices arent affecting me too much at all but I totally get how it sucks, esp if your driving something that gets terrible mpg.

Smiley/OCD

I got my oil changed for 40 bucks the other day and gas is like 5.85 where Im at. Luckily I drive a Prius at the moment so gas prices arent affecting me too much at all but I totally get how it sucks, esp if your driving something that gets terrible mpg.
She has a Subaru that uses synthetic oil…in NJ, oil change and tire rotation is 50 bucks…regular oil for my Suburban w/rotation is 20 bucks…

Smiley/OCD

Oh, and gas is 4.60 at Costco…I fill my tank at three quarters…even that is almost 50 bucks

Indy_UK

They should stick a Skyliner station in that car park behind Cirque.

That would certainly help add some traffic over that side.

I would like more entertainment or shows in Springs. Can they not stick a broadway show in that they rotate every few years with what’s actually on broadway or London west end.

Gringrinngghost

A Broadway style theater with complete unedited stagings of their closed Broadway productions would be a wonderful addition...I am sure there are many that would love to have seen the original staging of Beauty and The Beast, Little Mermaid, and even Tarzan...As well as Aladdin and Lion King. Not everyone can access good quality theater...they could tie a restaurant in the way the Soundstage Bar used to be with thematic decor that would change with each production... It would also be a good venue to try out new productions bound for Broadway.. Add a cabaret theater and Piano Bar and it would make a great evening entertainment district..
I remember talking privately back in 2017 about this. It was assumed that it would have been for Disney Springs until they announced the Main Street Theater that ultimately got cancelled in MK. At the time, it was expected to be along the lines of an Open-ended run of Beauty and the Beast, since when I had initially talked about these plans, was a month after the movie came out. It was expected that the cost of the building would have been in the tune of 70 Million.

There was some ideas that admittedly sound far-fetched but one was that Disney Theatrical Productions was reportedly going around the notion of two casts and shows running concurrently. The idea that I knew of at the time would be that you had a stage being shared with one or two productions at one time with one show being a matinee and the other being the evening show. One idea that was also among the people I talked with was about workshopping shows here, but that would make sense in the form of early workshopping given that Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, and New Jersey are where they usually try out shows. For example, the Hercules musical that's in development had it's first public performance in 2019 at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park in New York City whereas in the case of the The Hunchback of Notre Dame where they had first ran at the La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego and then the Papermill Playhouse in New Jersey.

I honestly thought this was still on ice, so I was joking with CMs I know about submitting it to ITM as clickbait back in April.

One location that I talked about with some on it, and where it would make most sense.

1654364811326.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom