AK, HS, EP Early entry

G00fyDad

In years past I would avoid the Early Entry parks like the plague since they always seemed to be slammed in the mornings. Since this next trip they are ALL EE parks every day I have no choice now. My question is, for a park with a 9:00am opening and an 8:30am EE what time will they let me drive through the booths and into the parking lots at AK, HS, and EP? I'd like to get through these booths and park by no later than 7:30am. Is that even possible?

I know that it cannot work out that way at MK since the 7SL is in the way and I have to wait for the ferry or monorail to start running.

nickys

Premium Member
In years past I would avoid the Early Entry parks like the plague since they always seemed to be slammed in the mornings. Since this next trip they are ALL EE parks every day I have no choice now. My question is, for a park with a 9:00am opening and an 8:30am EE what time will they let me drive through the booths and into the parking lots at AK, HS, and EP? I'd like to get through these booths and park by no later than 7:30am. Is that even possible?

I know that it cannot work out that way at MK since the 7SL is in the way and I have to wait for the ferry or monorail to start running.
Reports are still saying the gates open for early entry gates around an hour before EE starts, and the parking lots open around the same time.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I was hoping for earlier than 1 hour before EE. It would give me enough time to get into the lot and up to the entrance a full hour ahead each day.

What about the Skyliner? What time does it start running from the resorts? That may be an option if it can get us to the "turnstiles" at EP and HS an hour ahead.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I was hoping for earlier than 1 hour before EE. It would give me enough time to get into the lot and up to the entrance a full hour ahead each day.

What about the Skyliner? What time does it start running from the resorts? That may be an option if it can get us to the "turnstiles" at EP and HS an hour ahead.
This question was asked earlier in the Skyliner thread. See the replies from Steve that follow it:

Does anyone know the current hours Skyliner is running?

Looking at the resort early entry, plus getting there earlier than the official time and how that relates to when Skyliner is running.

If it's not running yet, do they run busses instead in that earlier time? Which defeats some of the magic of those resorts if that's how it works.

Also, without a post in months, does that means the EPCOT line is running better now instead of like the first few months?

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
To me you are overthinking this.

Personally I liked EMH mornings because I found I got much more done than the EMH evenings.
But I can understand why some wanted to avoid it.

With EE being at all parks every day you don't find the parks being overly crazy because people don't base what park on what day on the extra time since its at every park.

Really NO need to arrive THAT early.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
To me you are overthinking this.

Personally I liked EMH mornings because I found I got much more done than the EMH evenings.
But I can understand why some wanted to avoid it.

With EE being at all parks every day you don't find the parks being overly crazy because people don't base what park on what day on the extra time since its at every park.

Really NO need to arrive THAT early.
If you want to be at the front of the early entry crowd then you need to be there as the gates open.

And sometimes the headliner rides can open before the early entry officially starts, which means you can be off it and into another line before the offsite guests can get there. The knock-on effect can be significant.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If you want to be at the front of the early entry crowd then you need to be there as the gates open.

And sometimes the headliner rides can open before the early entry officially starts, which means you can be off it and into another line before the offsite guests can get there. The knock-on effect can be significant.
I've been there with EE. I arrived at each park about 20 minutes prior.
I was near the front and had no trouble walking to the headliners and getting on and off an attraction prior to offsite guests.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom