Americana 1900- The Complete Presentation

Knight2000

Its hard to believe we are at the finale. It seems only a short time from when I was sitting on your couch recovering from surgery when this whole thing began to ramp up. A lot of pictures and a lot of logos, maps, menus and ephemera have found their way onto my tired old Toshiba laptop. but here we are. it would seem that the members here truly have been enjoying the ride... so in the end it was all worth it

Knight2000

Ecstatic to see your passion project concluded, sad to see it end. It has been a real pleasure to watch Americana 1900 and the greater Americana Resort slowly come to life…not just during this latest, masterful iteration, but ever since your earliest draft first caught my eye oh so many years ago in Theme Park Apprentice. I am so glad I got to be a small part of this. Congrats!
not so small a part after its all said and done. your masterful artwork of the original park was a key component of the presentation. and your technical expertise was invaluable. credit where credit is due

spacemt354

Chili's
I say this with sincerity but this is the greatest armchair imagineering theme park (and resort) to ever be put on this site.

There have been others but never has there been a project so original and non-reliant on Disney or Universal properties to tell its tale. This was purely from the imaginative mind of James G many years in the making and I'm very glad we all got to witness it in its full glory.

This may be the end of the project but it definitely won't be the end of the journey as I will return to this thread frequently as I'm sure many others will and hopefully new faces will get to experience it for themselves as the years go on. Truly a masterpiece!

James G.

Original Poster
I truly am humbled and honored by the kind words and generous praise that Americana has received. I was a bit concerned that a site with WDW in its name would not be especially interested in a fantasy theme park that so totally avoids the Disney "magic" wherever possible. I didn't expect any sort of disrespect, but perhaps some disinterest. That never happened.

@spacemnt354 said that this may be the end of the project. It might be, but then again it might not be. I don't know what future awaits. I want to return to the novels that I've written. I also am interested in continuing to develop the other parks in the Americana Resort, such as creating maps for WildAmericana and Gold Rush Gulch 1849, and possibly my own drawing of RetroAmericana 1950. I don't know what will happen, or when, but if there is any place that I would like to share these future creations, it's here in this forum. If any of you do indeed refer to and reread this presentation and have questions or suggestions, please share them with me. As I was doing my own proofreading and editing, I don't think I ever found an episode that I didn't find something to correct.

Thanks again! It has been an honor to share this labor of love with you! :)

James G.

Original Poster
Crazy how I got so accustom to waiting for a post today - would love to one day see your RetroAmericana drawings!
It's odd how I don't need to get up so early to post the next episode! I'm still debating what my next project will be, but of course I can work on more than one thing at a time. Don't expect anything next week. Maybe next year...I said "maybe!" Thanks for your support during this adventure :) 🤜🤛

oogie boogie man

I would love to know what your thinking of doing. I find myself going back and reading through this one over and over again.

.... Why can't I quit you?

James G.

Original Poster
I would love to know what your thinking of doing. I find myself going back and reading through this one over and over again.

.... Why can't I quit you?
LOL! I'm working a bit on another novel about Americana 1900, possibly a major fleshing out of the backstory for The Pike. I'm also thinking about possibly- and don't make me promise anything- developing a similar major presentation of RetroAmericana 1950. Right now, though, I'm exhausted from driving back from Nashville where I went to the Tennessee Renaissance Festival. It was hot and the entire faire is built onto a hillside. I felt like a medieval mountain goat!

Thanks for the kind words about Americana 1900. I'm glad you find it worth rereading. I did a lot of research into it.

spacemt354

Chili's
There's so many great areas in this park - I'm curious what everyone else thinks, but The Pike might be my favorite land

jA_kGHb-LHW3OHA2Lce0s8fvM_9DM2IGjSA0ASU7IE7AtugnzOgRfqm2fjsVGrG8NpsHkducC_3Kg9yE4H8u3cbk2Ktk3NQ4h5R4oxMWdGhlfuepf_PeahTB9643yeUQ7PW7WW7N

James G.

Original Poster
There's so many great areas in this park - I'm curious what everyone else thinks, but The Pike might be my favorite land

jA_kGHb-LHW3OHA2Lce0s8fvM_9DM2IGjSA0ASU7IE7AtugnzOgRfqm2fjsVGrG8NpsHkducC_3Kg9yE4H8u3cbk2Ktk3NQ4h5R4oxMWdGhlfuepf_PeahTB9643yeUQ7PW7WW7N
I honestly don't have a favorite. If I had to make any sort of ranking, I think that State Fair is the most important TOWNSHIP (if you want lands, go visit the Black Rat of Orlando ;) ). Its emphasis on classic rides, some of which are difficult or impossible to find today, makes it a great resource for history buffs. Visually, I think that Century Plaza would be the most beautiful, and Courthouse Square the most immersive. The Pike is undoubtedly the most visually impressive. I can imagine the look on people's faces as they enter it and are confronted by massive historic buildings surrounding a sunken garden with a six-story Elephant folly in the center.

I can certainly understand your feeling that The Pike is your favorite...I have always had great respect for your opinion! I think I mentioned that I am beginning to expand the backstory I wrote about the creation of The Pike into a full novel. We'll see how it evolves.

James G.

Original Poster
If anyone is still following this, I have a question or two. First, I included several shortish stories in the presentation. Do you feel that they added to the presentation? Were they too long? Was the writing quality good enough to make them worth including in the presentation? Please be honest, constructive but honest.

Second, I included a recipe in the presentation. Was that interesting enough to have been included, or just a waste of time and space. Has anyone been brave enough to attempt it? I also offered another recipe that nobody took me up on (Two Strokes and a Heart Attack Brownies). Anyone interested in it?

Thanks for your time.

James G.

Original Poster
I think it added some more context to you as a person and the park as a whole. Honestly, if I wanted any recipe from Overlook, it was the Cookies to Die For.

As for the novellas, I want to read the full story of Americana, both in the creation of the park and the stories of the park itself.
A friend who inspired the character of Johnathan Havoc helped me with the menu for Jeremy's Balcony. I'll contact him to get the recipe and pass it on.

As far as the books, they are mostly in the first draft version, but I intend on getting them cleaned up soon. Your interest in them does inspire me! Thanks! I'll be in touch, and feel free to light a fire under me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom